Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Default Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Welcome to MFG, Use this thread to Introduce yourself to everyone! whether your old school Vdubber or new to the VW scene, We welcome you to My Fast GTI. Just bought? We'd love to hear about you and your new GTI.
    FF
    Have a Fast Day..........
    Its better to burn out than to fade away!
    It's the scheisse.
    Auf Wiedersehen, sucka.
    The GTI MkV. Pre-tuned in Deutschland
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

Howdy
    '06 MkV - Pkg 2 &amp; DSG rollin' on 18's<br />*VagCom*

DubMeister

Well how ya doin' pardner?
    Race with the best, die like the rest! Or you could just lose, that works too.<br /><br />Hidden Content

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

GTfly time

howdy yall

My GTI would say howdy (its from cowboy country - alberta), but I'll say hi!
    &quot;If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you&#039;re gonna see some serious ****.&quot; -- Doc. Brown (Back to The Future)

New Dub Cub

Hey everyone,

Very impressed with the maturity on this site, hope it stays this way. I'm a BMW tech and shop owner, but my heart is all VW. I have owned many beetles and buses over the years, bought a new GTi VR6 in 95 and loved it. For the last several years I have driven a beautiful unrestored 1970 BMW 2500 sedan as my daily driver, but began to feel guilty about it and decided it should be a sunny day car. I went car shopping and tried to get excited about the BMW 330i ZHP but couldn't. On a whim I went and drove the GTi with the DSG and fell in love with it. If anyone has driven a BMW with the SMG trans, you would know what I mean when I say the DSG is light years ahead of BMW in this department. I am very happy with the car so far. I wouldn't mind better sounding speakers and fewer interior rattles, but overall it's a blast.

I'm sure my BMW customers will give me crap when they find out I bought a VW, but who cares, I have a grin on my face when I get to work.

Dubber In Training

I purchased my Fast 3 weeks ago tomorrow and I love it!&#160; It does have the rattle in the vent in center upper dash, I will get it fixed at the 5k oil change...gas mileage is not what I hoped it would be coming from a '91 BMW 325is, the gas mileage is about the same...but so much more fun to drive.&#160; I have had an '89 GTI 16V and an '82 Scirrocco...I loved both of those cars.&#160; I have posted a few times to others questions on here, I think this is a great forum and have found everyone to be friendly...look forward to more posts as we all get to know our Fast's....Later :P

Default INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi Everyone! Wanted to introduce myself.

Last night I finally got my GTI and I haven't stopped smiling yet!

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween.

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

Again, HI and wish me luck with my new baby.
    Besser ein ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne ende

DubMeister

Glad to know that everyone is getting settled in, Here is a tip for you new guys: If you look at your car and think it doesnt look good, wash it. Happened to me today, feels like I have a new car.
    Race with the best, die like the rest! Or you could just lose, that works too.<br /><br />Hidden Content

Wouldn't take long to get dirty again. My car's covered with a coat of brown sludge, with leaves litterally frozen onto it and big chunks of brown ice hanging from just behind the wheel wells. I forget, did I get BM or UG?

just come across site.spot on. got a golf mkv in candy white with 18 monzas.looks stunnin and drive is even better.swine to keep clean but small price to pay.always had vw but none come close to this.nearly 2 months old gettin better by the day.live in south of scotland not seen many about.

Default Re: INTRODUCTION from SoCal

Hi all! Newbie here also!

Quote Originally Posted by BexSoCal

It's a 2007 GTI MkV in Black Magic. I think it's so cool that I got a car painted Black Magic on Halloween.

I hope I can learn lots about my new prized posession, service/maint./mod information.

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet.

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousButtrfly

I too got my 07 GTI MkV BM on Halloweenie! I too have found it hard to stop smiling. Better half and I love it!

2.0 FSI, 5dr, Plaid, Sunroof, Sirius, DSG, 18" wheels, basic floor mats, Monster mats, Gorilla liner and some other things I'm sure I haven't found yet.
    VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself.

VERY COOL!!! Good Luck with it. Sounds like we have the same car, only difference is I have the 6-Speed Stick. I can't drive an automatic. Not as much fun. LOL.

It must be my German genes. I don't eat, drink, talk on the phone, etc. while driving. Driving is the pleasure itself.

LOL! Hubby and I don't eat, drink, gab or anything of the sort while driving big NO-NO! (Shame on those of you who do)

Our knees won't allow us to play w/manuals anymore. So we got the next best thing.

I too have German genes (how freaky).

I too have German genes (how freaky).
    sehr gute!!!

DubMeister

ich spreche deutsches wenig, volkswagen und dirk nowitzki sind am besten

LOL! I have it in the blood and understand VERY little!

Quote Originally Posted by GranTurismoInjection
    Bist du Deutsche auch, oder studierten Sie Deutsches in der Schule?

Ich kann n?r ein Deutsch sprechen, nich mehrere "Deutsches".

I can speak englishes sehr gut too.

New Dub Cub

hello all, thought I'd join in the fun venomousbuttrfly has pics of my(our) new fast

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb
    hello all, thought I'd join in the fun venomousbuttrfly has pics of my(our) new fast
    Welcome!

...and I Love your Avatar. Foamy is Awesome. Squirrily Wrath!!!

New Dub Cub

Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb
    Welcome!

...and I Love your Avatar. Foamy is Awesome. Squirrily Wrath!!!
    hehe ty

DubMeister

Quote Originally Posted by GranTurismoInjection
    Bist du Deutsche auch, oder studierten Sie Deutsches in der Schule?
    ich bin deutscher wenig, aber ich studierte es in der Schule auch.

You are German few? Good conjugation of the accusativ though. Or was that dativ?

Dubber In Training

Hi Everyone,

I just bought my Candy White GTI on Saturday. It's a 2006 (used with 9,500 miles) package 2 with NAV system.

Looking into getting a mod chip for the car and any other cool things for the car. Any help would be appreciated!

I'm located in So Cal

Dubster

hello everyone,

nice site, awesome car, just got mine a few months back, my first VW, my first GTI, I love it...

i'll invest here and there with only smart, practical, smooth upgrades.

other than that, green light go!

New Dub Cub

newbie here, got a reflex silver one on Huffs about 3 weeks ago, luv da car way better than the mk4 i had. The obsession has started

Jedi Dubber

ahh, yes. Welcome to all the newly obsessed!
    Do purists still eat raw meat because that's what man did before fire? By all means, then, be a purist, but I'll take progress. I love my DSG!

GTfly time

mmm... so it begins... haha .

Quote Originally Posted by dsgti
    hello everyone,

nice site, awesome car, just got mine a few months back, my first VW, my first GTI, I love it...

i wrote a leter to vdub to see if there was a package option that can turn all the stop lights GREEN
    This is my fast.<br />There are many like it, this one is MINE.<br />My fast is my best friend,my life.<br />I must master it as I must master my life.<br />My fast w/out me is useless, w/out my fast,<br />I am useless.<br />I keep my fast clean and ready, as I am clean and ready.<br />So be it, until there is no enemy, PEACE

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by GotTobeInsane07
    Quote Originally Posted by dsgti
    hello everyone,

i wrote a leter to vdub to see if there was a package option that can turn all the stop lights GREEN
    It's called a light bar, though I don't think that particular mod will last long for you.
    Do purists still eat raw meat because that's what man did before fire? By all means, then, be a purist, but I'll take progress. I love my DSG!

Dubber In Training

hey guys

just got my first car

candy white mkv with dsg, 18's, and aero kit.

lookin to save up and get it lowered and apr it.

just wanted to say hi, get some feedback on what i should do first [prolly lower it] and talk about the sickest car under 25g's.

VDubber

Howdy all.

Just picked up my GTI yesturday and Love it. I will be talkin to all of you later about some questions if i cant find it in the search. So for now, great site and talk to you all later

~Tony
    Tornado Red 2006 GTI<br />&nbsp; *VagCom*

Hi!

VDubber

Howdy
    Hammer Time

Hi all. Been lurking around the boards for months now and I finally purchased my UG GTI with a six speed manual and Package 1. Drove it down from San Antonio and have been in love with it. Can't wait to get my fast in the mail...

Just wanted to say hi. I'll be posting pics as soon as I can.

Jedi Dubber

Lots of new posts here! HI ALL!!

To those of you that got your GTI, congrats! So much fun. Just sit and look at, it will make you happy.

To those that don't: I'm sorry. It's worth every penny.

Dubber In Training

Hey Gang, I'm close to ordering an 07 GTI & had some questions which my dealer could not answer. I'm considering NAV with Ipod instead of a cd changer in the armrest, (same price). Does the NAV have to have the DVD in to operate? Do I lose all CD operations going this route? My wife's Acura TL has a dedicated DVD player for the NAV in the trunk?
    My second question is, when building a GTI on the VW USA website, I can opt for a $300 option for upgraded audio system. What does this mean, my dealer had no clue? I'm looking at Package 2 which , I thought included the premium audio system, which from the messages I've been reading isn't very premium. I understand that the IPOD interface isn't anything special, perhaps I should just route the aux cable from the glovebox where the connector is through the dash. And operate the ipod like I do now in my Honda Civic. Which I installed a PIE Aux input for the OEM head unit.

Dubber In Training

Hey folks,

I'm getting rid of my old Audi and putting down a deposit for my GTI this week. I'm located in the SF Bay Area.

I've already gotten a lot of questions answered by reading past posts. Thanks!

Just wanted to say that this forum is so great, I've found so many answers to my questions about this car. The atmosphere here is intelligent and mature, and I appreciate that. It sounds like a lot of you have some mechanical expertise, and that's hard to find without paying a subscription I have owned nothing but GM vehicles to this point, but I received an offer on a new job recently and needed a car that had great gas mileage rating that could handle an hour and a half commute twice a day for the next 5 months. I told my wife (previous owner of a Hyundai Accent) that I could NOT drive a car like hers with so little power, that it was almost dangerous (and a sin) to have a car with 87 h.p. Anyway, I have never owned a VW before, and I have to say that after a little more than a week and 300 miles, I am beyond impressed with the engineering that went into my '07 GTI. Thanks for the information that you have provided, and keep up the good advice and info.

Page 1 of 109 1 2 3 4 5 11 51 101 ... LastLast