Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 200 of 4344

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

  1. #161
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by TJN
    Hey everyone!!
    im a newbie here too!
    i am a new driver who is looking for advice on my GTI
    i am new to my license.
    i know i will get flamed, my dad bought me the car, im very lucky. my dad manages a Volkswagen Audi store, and is a car nut. He has done alot of autocross and drag racing (motorcycles). He has been attempting to teach me the finer points of driving since i was twelve. I love my car. I got it last August, he threatened to remove the revo until i can handle it stock, but so far i have talked him out of it. The car has H&R sports springs, 19" wheels, and BFG tires.
    Welcome to MFG... I'm not gonna flame ya, but I can tell you if a GTI was my first car- I would not have a valid license today. Kudos to your Dad for getting you a safe car! I told my 10 y/o, who loves cars, that if he gets strait A's in High school it's his when he graduates.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #162

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Hey guys, I just got my GTI (dsg) two weeks ago and love it. I was a die hard Honda owner for the last ten years, but after I test drove the GTI I was hooked. No more "Honduhs" for me

  4. #163
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by honkapino
    Hey guys, I just got my GTI (dsg) two weeks ago and love it. I was a die hard Honda owner for the last ten years, but after I test drove the GTI I was hooked. No more "Honduhs" for me
    Another Honda convert

    Welcome to MFG!
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #164
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by honkapino
    Hey guys, I just got my GTI (dsg) two weeks ago and love it. I was a die hard Honda owner for the last ten years, but after I test drove the GTI I was hooked. No more "Honduhs" for me
    Another Honda convert

    Welcome to MFG!
    Whoa!. You can't just go from a Honda straight to a GTI! There has to be some transitional punishment. Since I am judge and jury, I sentence you to a 2 year stint with a stock Civic.......errr, stock Focus.

  7. #165
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Age
    25
    Posts
    6

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    If i don't maintain my 3.0 the car is gone.
    let me tell you. it gives me quite the motive to get my homework done!

  8. #166
    DubMeister BlueFrogPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edwards, CA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle dude
    Whoa!. You can't just go from a Honda straight to a GTI! There has to be some transitional punishment. Since I am judge and jury, I sentence you to a 2 year stint with a stock Civic.......errr, stock Focus.
    I don't get it. If he can't go straight from Honda to GTI then why punish him with another 2 years in a Honda? And if someone was unfortunate enough to not have a GTI as his first car, just what would be the proper way to work up to it? I mean, I did AMC, Hyundai, Merkur, Mazda, Suzuki, Toyota, and then finally GTI. What's my punishment? Back to the Toyota? Just as long as I don't have to drive the Hyundai again, I'd take my old AMC over that POS any day.
    ...
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

    '07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

  9. #167
    DubMeister BlueFrogPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edwards, CA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by TJN
    If i don't maintain my 3.0 the car is gone.
    let me tell you. it gives me quite the motive to get my homework done!
    I suppose any motivation is good motivation. Keep up the good work and someday he won't be able to hold that title over your head.
    ...
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

    '07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

  10. #168
    Jedi Dubber Seawolfe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Age
    36
    Posts
    342

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    I went straight from a Civic to the GTI; so what?
    Wait a sec, Doc; you're telling me this sucker's NUCLEAR?!

  11. #169
    GTI Master 22350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFrogPosse
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle dude
    Whoa!. You can't just go from a Honda straight to a GTI! There has to be some transitional punishment. Since I am judge and jury, I sentence you to a 2 year stint with a stock Civic.......errr, stock Focus.
    I don't get it. If he can't go straight from Honda to GTI then why punish him with another 2 years in a Honda? And if someone was unfortunate enough to not have a GTI as his first car, just what would be the proper way to work up to it? I mean, I did AMC, Hyundai, Merkur, Mazda, Suzuki, Toyota, and then finally GTI. What's my punishment? Back to the Toyota? Just as long as I don't have to drive the Hyundai again, I'd take my old AMC over that POS any day.
    Bro.....a Merkur? You get props....dang

  12. #170
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by 22350
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFrogPosse
    Quote Originally Posted by uncle dude
    Whoa!. You can't just go from a Honda straight to a GTI! There has to be some transitional punishment. Since I am judge and jury, I sentence you to a 2 year stint with a stock Civic.......errr, stock Focus.
    I don't get it. If he can't go straight from Honda to GTI then why punish him with another 2 years in a Honda? And if someone was unfortunate enough to not have a GTI as his first car, just what would be the proper way to work up to it? I mean, I did AMC, Hyundai, Merkur, Mazda, Suzuki, Toyota, and then finally GTI. What's my punishment? Back to the Toyota? Just as long as I don't have to drive the Hyundai again, I'd take my old AMC over that POS any day.
    Bro.....a Merkur? You get props....dang
    I liked the XR4Ti! Ford Motor Werke! It was a descendant of the Capri...
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  13. #171
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Just bought my GTI last night. Wasn't really prepared to do it last night but I just happened to stop by the dealers to have the salesguy go over the menus with me since he couldn't get me an owner's manual to borrow. Anyway, there was a couple there that was trying to buy MY fast - so I made the decision to do the deal right then and there. Fortunately I decided to stop by last night! I already knew that there are only about a dozen United Grays with Pkg 2 in the country and one was on that lot. Felt a little bad to get it from under them but it was MINE! Though I could've taken the car last night I decided to pick it up on Thursday [yes, I have that kind of control]. Besides, I still need to complete the financing and insurance, and I'd like to quickly unload my '97 Grand Prix GTP, I'm sitting in the Pontiac service area right now getting a few things serviced.

    Anyway, what can you folks tell me about extended warranties? The dealership is trying to sell me a wheel and tire warranty for $500. What do you folks think? How expensive is it to replace wheels and tires?

    Also, I was told that I can't play a CD and use the NAV [I got the iPOD hookup in the center console] at the same time - true? Perhaps I can host a CD player somehow?

    Also, what's the true story about the break-in period? 600 miles? What does the restriction mean? Should I take it on a 500 mile trip this weekend?

    Also, what's the deal with the availability of these fine fine cars? I barely got mine! But it is nice not seeing every Joe/Jane with one!

    Finally, this site has been VERY useful so far, thanks to all who post. I just hope I don't get some kind of buyer's remorse or whatever. Btw, how do you know if your Fast has been launched or not? Mine was used as the test drive car.

    Oh btw, I got a '07 2dr, United Gray, with pkg 2, on 17" all-seasons, for $27,901.
    '07 2dr UG Pkg2 17s

  14. #172

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by zeekster
    Anyway, what can you folks tell me about extended warranties? The dealership is trying to sell me a wheel and tire warranty for $500. What do you folks think? How expensive is it to replace wheels and tires?
    No - it's really a waste, it doesn't cover curb rash or anything that really happens to a rim, it only covers if you whale a pot hole and the rim actually gets bent breaking the seal to the tire.....which is pretty rare, if you live in a city with AWEFUL roads, that's the only place I would REMOTELY consider it.....as it works out to like 1.50 added to each payment. The wheels are pretty expensive, so much so that you can get some sweet aftermarkets cheaper If you polled everyone out there I bet 1 outta 600 would have a legit bent rim that the dealer would replace. As for the 100k warranty...if you drive a lot and don't plan on mod'n it - could be worth it....

    Quote Originally Posted by zeekster
    Also, I was told that I can't play a CD and use the NAV [I got the iPOD hookup in the center console] at the same time - true? Perhaps I can host a CD player somehow?
    I know when the unit is using the DVD you can't play a CD, it doesn't have any internal mem to "store" the maps like some of the aftermarkets do....but who cares.....go get an Ipod no need for CD's ever I'd assume there is a Aux input for an extra CD player as you can get the 6 disc changer with the Nav....

    Quote Originally Posted by zeekster
    Also, what's the true story about the break-in period? 600 miles? What does the restriction mean? Should I take it on a 500 mile trip this weekend?
    Read up: http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php/topic,155.0.html Summary - Everyone does what they want, some people baby it and keep it around/under 3k for the first 600-1k, some don't and rip it from day 1....I prefer the latter but I'm the care free type!

    Quote Originally Posted by zeekster
    Also, what's the deal with the availability of these fine fine cars? I barely got mine! But it is nice not seeing every Joe/Jane with one!
    Depends on your area......In my office parking lot there are 3 - 2 of them are 07's one Gray and mine black....I see about 1 or 2 a week on the road.....a few body mods will soon set me apart!


    Quote Originally Posted by zeekster
    Finally, this site has been VERY useful so far, thanks to all who post. I just hope I don't get some kind of buyer's remorse or whatever. Btw, how do you know if your Fast has been launched or not? Mine was used as the test drive car.
    Yeah this site rocks.......Buyer's remorse....no way, I've owned SO many cars over the last 5 years, I finally feel "at home" I think I finally got it right......all cars are used as test drive cars, I know they are driven really hard when people test drive them (unless dealers ride with them) Mine had 150 miles on it.....just another reason not to wait for the break in, what's the point now.... Launches don't hurt this ride as much as others with the auto traction baloney, not many would think to turn this off, so the ECU limits the burn out and abuse....I hope you love it as much as most of us around here....

    Hope that helps

    Check out my rides - www.pimpmyauto.com

  15. #173
    DubMeister BlueFrogPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edwards, CA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by 22350
    Bro.....a Merkur? You get props....dang
    Thanks for the props. It was an XR4Ti; pretty old at the time and not in great shape, but damn it was still fun. Then I replaced it with an RX-7 (2nd Gen); a little more fun but also not as obscure.
    ...
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

    '07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

  16. #174
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueFrogPosse
    Quote Originally Posted by 22350
    Bro.....a Merkur? You get props....dang
    Thanks for the props. It was an XR4Ti; pretty old at the time and not in great shape, but damn it was still fun. Then I replaced it with an RX-7 (2nd Gen); a little more fun but also not as obscure.
    I love Fords... my brother had a '74 Capri and my Dad had a 76.5 Capri II in canary yellow. Both great cars...
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  17. #175

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    I had a Ford Ranger 1995 with a 4.0 V6 and 5 spd stick. it was a good truck until 03 it blew a head gasket but i drove it hard its whole life.
    VW Dune Buggy,72 Nova, 76 Datsun B 210, 73 Nova, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon  (454/ 4 spd stick) , 77 Malibu,76 El Camino, 85 Civic, 87 Perlude, 90 5.0 Ford Mustang, 66  Malibu,93 Porsche 911, 96 Z28 Camero, 95 Ford Ranger, 03 Toyata Tundra, and then the 2007 VW GTI my fav so far.

  18. #176

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Oh yea I alomost forgot i have a 1990 5.0 Ford Mustang too. But i only had it for like 6 months, some lady turned left in front of me with a camery and killed it. but it was fast i remember. And welcom all new ppl ..im still new though
    VW Dune Buggy,72 Nova, 76 Datsun B 210, 73 Nova, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon  (454/ 4 spd stick) , 77 Malibu,76 El Camino, 85 Civic, 87 Perlude, 90 5.0 Ford Mustang, 66  Malibu,93 Porsche 911, 96 Z28 Camero, 95 Ford Ranger, 03 Toyata Tundra, and then the 2007 VW GTI my fav so far.

  19. #177
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    In order:

    1967 Impala
    1972 Civic
    1970 Nova
    1974 Civic
    1975 Ford Capri
    1990 Civic (couldn't afford the payment)
    1981 Mazda GLC
    1992 Golf (best car I ever had)
    2000 Golf (Lemon Law enacted)
    2001 Golf (for sale this fall)
    2008 GTI

    This thread is officially off topic.

  20. #178
    GTI Master 22350's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    Posts
    1,065

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by uncle dude

    This thread is officially off topic.
    I can fix it:

    Hi uncledude....I'm new to the forums good to meet you!




    Now all is right with the universe and I have found my place among the great human moderators of our time.

  21. #179
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Age
    47
    Posts
    842

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Nice to meet you too, this website has been really handy! Hello to everyone from Vancouver! I love the GTI, and the culture that surrounds it!

    edit: !

  22. #180
    New Dub Cub
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Well, Just got a black GTI Package 1 yesterday. I would never thought I would own a VW, being from a backround of 70s mopar muscle cars and trucks. My fiance wanted to stop and take a look at rabbits and we drove one and I wasn't impressed at all, so I took a GTI for a ride and I was sold. I was very impressed with the car and she loved it so it was a done deal. The website seems very informative and a little more grown up than the camaro forums I have frequented, I also have a DD Iroc which is being unloaded to help with the GTI and fund car restoration projects, any takers ;-) Anyways just wanted to say hi and now I have 2 of the most opposite vehicles you can have a 2006 dodge HEMI and a 07' GTI!!!!

  23. #181
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Quote Originally Posted by Triph75
    Well, Just got a black GTI Package 1 yesterday. I would never thought I would own a VW, being from a backround of 70s mopar muscle cars and trucks. My fiance wanted to stop and take a look at rabbits and we drove one and I wasn't impressed at all, so I took a GTI for a ride and I was sold. I was very impressed with the car and she loved it so it was a done deal. The website seems very informative and a little more grown up than the camaro forums I have frequented, I also have a DD Iroc which is being unloaded to help with the GTI and fund car restoration projects, any takers ;-) Anyways just wanted to say hi and now I have 2 of the most opposite vehicles you can have a 2006 dodge HEMI and a 07' GTI!!!!
    Welcome to MFG! Yeah- it's a fun car
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  24. #182
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Yeah, Welcome Triph75.

    I've had my GTI for 8 days now. I find myself trying to figure out places to go just to drive it. And when that fails I just get in and drive around - discovering new roads and such.

    I had it in the shop on Weds to get a clear bra put on and was driving my '04 Acura MDX that day - my gosh, I guess I've already gotten used to cornering a bit more aggressively because I thought I was going to roll the MDX in a cloverleaf!! I went in thinking I was in my GTI and about halfway through was reminded that I wasn't! By the time I got out my heartrate was returning to normal.

    Enjoy!
    '07 2dr UG Pkg2 17s

  25. #183

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here


    New member joining the VeeDub Club! One of my first cars out of college was a VW Fox. It had a great shifter, and felt and drove really solid for an economy car. I moved on to an Acura Integra LS, Honda Odyssey (when the kids showed up, still have it), a Honda S2000 (weekend plaything), and now a beautiful Black Magic 4 DR GTI:

    http://myfastgti.com/vwgti/index.php/topic,1959.0.html

    Lovin' the torque and DSG shifter (and I'm keeping it below 4K RPM during break-in). Best of all, I can bring the family along for the ride.

    Nice to meet you all!

  26. #184
    Dubster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    How ya doing. New fast owner here. absolutely loving it. Great forums.
    KLR RABT: '07 UG GTI 4 dr Pkg 1, 18" Huffs w/ Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, Hoen Xenonmatch, ECS motor mount, K&N Intake, resonator delete, LED interior Lights, Alpine Tymphony LAT Sub

  27. #185

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    welcom
    VW Dune Buggy,72 Nova, 76 Datsun B 210, 73 Nova, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon  (454/ 4 spd stick) , 77 Malibu,76 El Camino, 85 Civic, 87 Perlude, 90 5.0 Ford Mustang, 66  Malibu,93 Porsche 911, 96 Z28 Camero, 95 Ford Ranger, 03 Toyata Tundra, and then the 2007 VW GTI my fav so far.

  28. #186

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Howdy all!! I'm a new owner of a candy white 4 door GTI with Package 1 and side airbags since last night (05/31/07), and I'm loving it.
    Michael

  29. #187
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    welcome mapssi
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  30. #188

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Hello, my name is Tony, and i just joined the forums yesterday.

    I dont have a GTI yet, but should in a couple weeks.

    I am getting an 07 MKV GTI in Candy White. 4 door with package 1 and 18" Hufweisens.

    I cant wait!!!

    Anyway, hello everyone!

  31. #189
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    welcome THE_ROD
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  32. #190
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Hey everyone,

    Id like to introduce myself. Im a US Soldier who just returned from a year deployment, and as a treat I decided to buy myself a new car. I currently drve an 03 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally, and before that a 94 Eclipse GSX. So Ive been a Mitsu fan for my entire driving life. I was lookign into a Evo but its just a lil outta my price range so after much lookin I came across the GTI, I have a wife and 18 month old and loved the refined look and feel of the GTI. I also just bought an 02 Jetta TDI for my mother, and she loves it so.

    I will be picking up my new 07 Candy white 6 speed GTI tomorrow (Wednesday) and have been lookin for places to buy performance parts and came across this site.

    Well enough of my rambling....Hi lol

  33. #191
    DubMeister BlueFrogPosse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Edwards, CA
    Age
    39
    Posts
    749

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Great choice on the GTI, Havok. You're gonna love it, I'm sure. You're also in the right place to find the best info on how to make your GTI truly yours.

    Welcome to the forum...and thanks for serving.
    ...
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

    '07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

  34. #192
    Shaken not stirred...
    Dragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Northern California USA
    Posts
    4,315

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Havoc-

    Welcome home and welcome to MFG.

    You'll love your new GTI
    ----------
    Hidden Content

  35. #193
    Mod!
    kryptonkid07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    28
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    You're going to notice a big difference from the OZ Rally. I used to have one... same year and everything. I LOVE MY GTI. you will too.

  36. #194
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    welcome havok what branch are you in.

    glad you made it back safe.



    jeff
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  37. #195
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Thank you all for the warm welcome. Im sure I am gonna love it. As soon as I saw it and sat in it, it was a done deal.

    My only concern is that Im having a hard time finding after market parts on the internet, I found a few websites but nothing thats big on VW tuning exclusively.

    Im in the Army, Military Police. And thanks its great. surreal to be home.

  38. #196
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    that is ironic

    a Military Police Soldier has a FAST!!!!!!

    remind me to never try racing you lol just messing there is lots of after market parts for these things if you use the search and just type in ie exaust you will find links



    jeff
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  39. #197
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    if it is something that you just can not find ask dragon he is internet smart and can find you anything that is not in the forum lol


    heads up dragon lol
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  40. #198
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    lol Dont worry I wouldnt pull you over for beating me in a race...thatd be just wrong but then again maybe Im onyl saying that cause I dont plain on losing after I mod this sexy machine.

    Anyways I was more just lookin for a site that has a large selection of parts. So far Iv found sfxperformance.com and greedspeed.com

    Id also liek to find a local tuning shop but since Im PCSing on saturday to Leavenworth KS Ill have to wait to look unless anyone else is from aroudn that way.

  41. #199
    DAS IST MEIN FAST
    fastgti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    AUGUSTA, GEORGIA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    5,850

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    you going to the prison of just stationed there.
    i am over here in germany and loving it very much
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

  42. #200
    Dubber In Training
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    18

    Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

    Im not sure what theyll have me doing over there, so Ill have to wait and see...MP stands for Multi Purpose not Military Police like many people think it does lol

Page 5 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. GTI won't start on the first try
    By deviltailedfast in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
  2. A Fast Welcome to VW Votex Members
    By Fast Freddie in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2007, 02:38 AM
  3. MOVED: Members and their cars!
    By DrJones in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 07:47 AM
  4. Members and their cars!
    By alexjhill in forum GTI Owner's Rides
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-19-2006, 07:47 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •