Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,040 of 4344

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Dubber In Training

Default Re: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Hi all. I Live in Iowa. I Had an 07 GTI in 07 ....should have kept it. now I am buying an orange one! feel like a kid at christmas!!! Look forward to learning and listening here. These are truly fine automobiles.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
    Hi all. I Live in Iowa. I Had an 07 GTI in 07 ....should have kept it. now I am buying an orange one! feel like a kid at christmas!!! Look forward to learning and listening here. These are truly fine automobiles.

Welcome Bro .... Gotta Love Some 07 Love .... I Cant Imagine Bailing On My 07 GTI , But Grats On The Farenheit Purchase . This Is A Good Site To Get Some Info On And Loads Of Spart Peoples Here .
    04 TR .:R32 1of500 ( Stage 4 Supercharged )
    04 BMP .:GLI (.:R32 Swapped)
    08 Audi A3 3.2VR6 Quattro ( Daily Beater )

Hi all, ordered my 2010 GTI 4 door a couple weeks ago, should be here next Monday. Can't wait!

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers View Post
    Hi all, ordered my 2010 GTI 4 door a couple weeks ago, should be here next Monday. Can't wait!
    Grats Man
    04 TR .:R32 1of500 ( Stage 4 Supercharged )
    04 BMP .:GLI (.:R32 Swapped)
    08 Audi A3 3.2VR6 Quattro ( Daily Beater )

New Dub Cub

Hey all! I got my first non-Japanese car ever on Friday and wouldn't you believe it's a 2010 GTI. It also happens to be my first new car too! I went from a 20 year old Acura with 224000 miles to a GTI. Im trying to break it in and get used to it in the wonderful rain. But I gotta say for only owning it two days I'm in love. Everything about this car speaks to me. I'm so happy to have a new car that is as awesome as this one. Plus now I get to become part of the GTi club, and well that's better than the Integra club...trust me. It's a candy white two door, 18-in detroits (all-season tires), dynaudio, sunroof, xenon headlights.
    -That's so evil it's like beating unicorns to death with a bag of rainbows-

Good stuff post up some pictures and
    VTAkkiiiin

Dubber In Training

Hello All,

Just bought my first GTI this weekend. It is a brand new 2009, that had some really good incentives on it. The sticker was just over 25K, and with the incentives, I got it for right at 20K. It is the United Gray, DSG, 17" wheels, no sunroof, i-pod adapter (guess my daughter will know what to do with that!! Ha!), rubber mats, and cloth. I love driving it, and have been looking at GTIs for years, but had a bad experience with VW back in 1999 with my wife's Jetta. It went through O2 sensors about every 3K miles. We liked the car, but got tired of fighting to keep things working. I said I'd never own another VW after all the problems with the dealer too, but after 10 years, I broke down and got the GTI. It is a great driving car, love the looks, performance, and good gas mileage, plus it is more comfortable to drive than the car I traded.

I am in my late 40's, and am pretty much a car nut. I have had many different makes and models over the years, but am hoping that this one will be a keeper. I would like to know the forum's thoughts about how reliable these cars are. I did lots of research and the GTI seemed to keep popping up as a good, dependable car that was also practical. I look forward to reading the forum and learning more about these cars.

Thanks,

Rich

welcome

do some reading, there is a lot of info on the mkv here
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

New Dub Cub

Hi all, my name is Jeanine and I just purchased a used Fahrenheit a couple of weeks ago. I'm so glad I finally found one since I've been searching for the past year and finally found it and traded in my toyota for it. I absolutely love it, just wish I could now find an orange fast to go with it

๔ฟ๔™

Woot, grats on the new ride and welcome to the forums....

2009 GTI 2.0T Black Magic
    Waterfest 16 Survivor
    35% Tint - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake(Red) - NewSouth Indigo TurboPod - Neuspeed Torque Mount Insert - 42DD 3" Turbo Back - H&R Premium Coils - ESE color matched side markers - Unitronic Stage 2 - Badgeless grill - Custom license plate mount - Charleston Rims (485/1200) - Forge Front Mount Intercooler (Twintercooler) - SouthBend Stage2 Clutch - H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar - To be continued...

Congrat on all you getting a GTI. I got my 2007 in 2008 with less than 3000 miles. White two door. Only think done is cool air intake. I hope you have as much fun with your as I have had. Would take for it.
    cdstgo

Dubber In Training

Whats up everyone!!! I just bought my 2010 last month and nothing but good has come from it, i I love it!!! I had a jetta, but it was stolen!!!! but, after insurance and everything, i was able to get what i originally wanted, the hot hatch(what an upgrade)!!!

Default 2010- GTI= a blast!

Hi there,

Originally from Europe, always loved GTI's.... Anyway, due to job's loss looked for a cheaper car to simply good as my previouses were 335I, S4,A4, etc... Good news, I found 2010 GTI to be all I wanted and surprisingly more. Of course, I chiped it Day 1 with new APR and added Carbonio TSI intake ($1.1k)... WOW!!! This thing is more fun and I feel faster (or at least as fast) than my 335I and S4... Okay perhaps not on true performances but trust me so much more fun. According to USP, this 2010 GTI should now pull somewhere around 280 HP and close to 290 torque... these are just numbers guys but believe me: what a blast! Mine is deep black, 18 inch wheels and blue tooth that came with it. All this fun, looks and perfect ride for $ 24K (all included)! Got to be kidding to compare that with 335I and S4 right? Nope this new GTI is simply amazing. Not to mention my Son's 08R32 which costed more and truly can't even go near this 2010 GTI. No fights though, he'll get to drive too... and does so everyday. Great job VW!

New Dub Cub

Hello Everyone!

Got my '10 MKVI GTI about 10 days ago, and I'm loving it! I actually purchased it while it was still on a boat heading towards the port in Houston. I live in SF, so a friend and I flew to pick it up and made the road trip back through Denver, Vegas, LA, and then finally back home to SF. But don't worry, I made sure to break her in properly and vary speed/RPMs during the long trip.

I had sort of a bad taste in my mouth after owning a '00 Jetta GLX with the VR6 engine. So many things went wrong with that car (electrical issues, alternator went out 3x, oil pan fell off, bumper clips kept breaking), so I decided to go Japanese for a while. After seeing the MKVI at the most recent auto show, I fell in love with it...and decided to go back to German. Definitely not regretting that decision.

Love this car!

Dubber In Training

Hey everyone,

Got my 2010 Gti January 6th. It is the best car I have driven yet. I am a longtime Honda Civic driver, who is crossing over to the RIGHT side. Always been a Porsche fan, so it is only fitting I start with a GTI.

My GTI is a Carbon Steel 5 door, with the leather seat upgrade and DSG tranny with 18" Detroit wheels (that are going to replaced with 18" lightweight rims when the snow clears)

Anyone know If I can get carbon fiber body pieces yet? bumpers, hood, wing etc? let me know where.

Thanks

hey guys, im justin, i got my 1.8t like 3-4 months ago, secnd car ever, wish i wouldve gotten it as my first. im an auto transporter so i drive alot of cars, and the gti is by far the better of the vehicles i have driven, surpassing the quality of many of its competitors. looking forward to modding it up! glad to be here! thanks!

New Dub Cub

hi every one
    just joined the forum my wife just got the 2010 jetta an now iam hooked need something a littel faster need for speed tradeing my h3 for a gti hopefully you guys can help me with a lot of questions o and buy the way how old is to old to have a gti thx

Quote Originally Posted by moya gti View Post
    hi every one
    just joined the forum my wife just got the 2010 jetta an now iam hooked need something a littel faster need for speed tradeing my h3 for a gti hopefully you guys can help me with a lot of questions o and buy the way how old is to old to have a gti thx

100. i think thats aspect about cars that i love is that old and young can find appreciation in the same vehicle and share a commonality.

What up everyone I'm a NOOB hahahaha

I just bought a 2010 GTI and I have been having a gargantuous

amount of fun! I need tips on getting my FAST on!!!!!

HIT ME UP!!!!!

Hey All,

2006 MkV owner here that is currently deployed to Afghanistan, putting in my order in July for a 11 MK6. Figure it's worth the upgraded interior to pick up a car note again. Best cult cars ever in my opinion. DSG worth picking up with the problems the MkVs had with it?

Dubber In Training MakeshiftSlim's Avatar

Hey.
    So I'm new here... but not to VW.. I'm on my second GTI - current is a 2005 which is slightly modded.
    It's my baby... some (my ex) would say the love of my life...
    I currently have a REVOstg 2 ... along with the required upgrades for the rest of the engine.
    Trying to figure out if REVO or APR is the better option in the long run.... .... ....

New Dub Cub

Hello Everyone!!

I just traded in my 2005 Beetle for a 2007 gti fahrenheit! I'm in love with this car!!

New Dub Cub

What's up guys? I just got an 06 GTI. I traded it for my old 08 TC. I got it about a month ago. I have a milltek exhaust, GIAC reflash, by Ivan and that's about it... Today was my fist visit to " wednesday night meet " at Winterpark village. The people are really chill and easy going. I will hopefully be going every wednesdays to come.http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/images/smilies/icon_secta.gif

Quote Originally Posted by LLaudy View Post
    What's up guys? I just got an 06 GTI. I traded it for my old 08 TC. I got it about a month ago. I have a milltek exhaust, GIAC reflash, by Ivan and that's about it... Today was my fist visit to " wednesday night meet " at Winterpark village. The people are really chill and easy going. I will hopefully be going every wednesdays to come.http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/images/smilies/icon_secta.gif
    congrats

Dubber In Training

Hey guys, new here obviously. My name is Nick and I'm 22 years old. Just bought my first VW 3 1/2 weeks ago from Bernardsville VW. It's a 2010 Candy White 2dr GTI w/ DSG. Only options are Monster mat kit and Bluetooth. Nothing done to it yet except for a K&N panel filter, interior LEDs (white for the front map lights, red for all three in the rear dome, white in the trunk), and Silverstar Ultra for the low beams. I just ordered a DDM Tuning H8 3000k 35w HID kit for the fogs, so those will be going in soon, along with amber LEDs for the front turn signals in the headlights... yes I have load resistors. I'll be going this Saturday for an APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade (with all the options). I figure that should hold me over for a while......

Quote Originally Posted by 2010GTI4me View Post
    Hey guys, new here obviously. My name is Nick and I'm 22 years old. Just bought my first VW 3 1/2 weeks ago from Bernardsville VW. It's a 2010 Candy White 2dr GTI w/ DSG. Only options are Monster mat kit and Bluetooth. Nothing done to it yet except for a K&N panel filter, interior LEDs (white for the front map lights, red for all three in the rear dome, white in the trunk), and Silverstar Ultra for the low beams. I just ordered a DDM Tuning H8 3000k 35w HID kit for the fogs, so those will be going in soon, along with amber LEDs for the front turn signals in the headlights... yes I have load resistors. I'll be going this Saturday for an APR Stage 1 ECU upgrade (with all the options). I figure that should hold me over for a while......
    thats what you say for now.

New Dub Cub

Hey everyone, my name is Travis.

New to the forum, and looking to get into a GTI asap. If anyone can give a few pros and cons about the year makes, I'd gladly appreciate it.

Hello! First post here, seems like a nice place to hang around, among car connoisseurs ;-)

Well after 2 Passat Wagons in a row, I am giving-in to a mid-life crisis and getting myself a brand new 2010 GTI (5-door, DSG, C.White). Just finalized the deal yesterday, getting it in about a month.

I loved both Passats (a B5.5 and a B6), particularly the last one, but it was time for a change, and I made the mistake to test drive the GTI, I fell in love instantaneously, there simply was no turning back.

Now it's probably going to cost me twice as much to insure, but what the heck, you only live once, I'm in my late 40's and it's now or never

Hey everyone! Picking up my first VW on Wednesday, a 2010 GTI Shadow Blue Metallic!! I was blown away to see the color on the lot, i didnt even know they had released it in the us yet. Its not on VWs website. Im super excited and the obsession has begun...

Hello everyone My name is Alan I just got my '07 MKV GTI last Friday (2/12/10) its a 5 door DSG with 18" Detroits in Tornado Red with the interlagos interior and I'm in LOVE with it a lot of my friends name their cars so I named mine Betti cause it reminds me of Betty Boop haha well just wanted to introduce myself as a new member of the GTI Club

What's up everyone, I'm test driving an 03 gti tomorrow and most likely getting it on monday. Looking forward to the help from the forum when I begin the mods.

Dubber In Training

Just picked up a used 2008 White 4dr GTI 6spd manual
    add another to the club

Hey guys, fresh out the box VW newbie. Just picked up a 2010 GTI 6spd carbon steel. I'm in love

Quote Originally Posted by MzEmKay6 View Post
    Hey guys, fresh out the box VW newbie. Just picked up a 2010 GTI 6spd carbon steel. I'm in love

i was just in your area last night, met up with some mkv guy.

Hi all! Just bought a 2006 2.0T GTI MK5 on Friday. It's cherry. 19k miles. Package 2. Black/Black Leather. 18" wheels. I'm very happy.

I traded my 99 TDI Beetle. Back to the gassers again. I've owned a 1984 Rabbit GTI. I currently have 1984 Cabriolet and 1962 Beetle Convertible as well.

I look forward to conversing and learning.

Welcome to da zoo
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by volcano Hidden Content
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

Quote Originally Posted by fastinpa View Post
    Hi all! Just bought a 2006 2.0T GTI MK5 on Friday. It's cherry. 19k miles. Package 2. Black/Black Leather. 18" wheels. I'm very happy.

I traded my 99 TDI Beetle. Back to the gassers again. I've owned a 1984 Rabbit GTI. I currently have 1984 Cabriolet and 1962 Beetle Convertible as well.

I look forward to conversing and learning.
    cool man welcome to the site

and post some picz of all the cars

BTW its not Cherry its called Tornado Red

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    cool man welcome to the site

and post some picz of all the cars

BTW its not Cherry its called Tornado Red
    I was assuming he meant "cherry" as in good condition. lol i dunno
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by volcano Hidden Content
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

idk either

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)

Hidden Content

cherry sounds better than tornado red imo hehehe

Page 51 of 109 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 61 101 ... LastLast