Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Mod!

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

Quote Originally Posted by Flyer
    Hello Fasters!
    Just joined your board, and am impressed with the info available here! Good work.
    I'm researching the MkV, A3, and Volvo C30 T5. So far the GTi is leading severely
    My current (and only) car is an '03 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T, my first VW.
    The local dealer (St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada) has been stellar. I'm hoping we're still friends when I knock on his door to trade in the Jetta
    I'll keep lurking, and learning...
    'Flyer
    I love the cars you're "researching". I still think they have their own factors. GTI=fun A3=more luxurious Volvo=i don't know... but I like it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Hi all.

About 99% sure I want a GTI mkV. I've test driven one at two different VW dealers here in San Diego. I love the feel of the car as you accelerate, and the way everything is situated for the driver.

Not trying to re-ignite the Manual vs. Auto argument, but I've opted to get the DSG trannie, mostly because I'm a Formula 1 fan, and the shifter buttons on the GTI are fun

trying for a 4-door in United Gray, package 1, w/ the hufiesen 18-in rims. My credit union is doing the shopping for me; i just have to tell them what I want, and they'll get it for me. we'll see how they do in regards to price.

New Dub Cub

hi all...

just got my fahrenheit on tuesday- i can't stop smiling about my decision to get a GTI... thought i'd post up and say hello

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

New Dub Cub

Hey all, just dropping in to check things out. The wife and I too are looking at possibly getting a GTI later this year if my advancement goes through. It'd actually be her car, but I'm a 'get all the information you can' type of person, so I figured I'd pop in here. She's wanting a 4 door in the dark grey color. Read on here where someone else was commenting on the maturity level around here and from what I've read, I'd have to agree! Good thing you all have going on. I'm sure that if I can't find it by searching that I will be full of questions!
    2004 Red Brawn King Cab LE 4x4 w/Big Tow, Off Road &amp; Popular&nbsp; Packages.<br /><br />Mods:<br />Exterior: Access Lorado Soft Tonneau<br />Performance: S&amp;B Intake, Custom Flowmaster Super 44 Exhaust System

Quote Originally Posted by Manticore1023
    Hi all.

About 99% sure I want a GTI mkV. I've test driven one at two different VW dealers here in San Diego. I love the feel of the car as you accelerate, and the way everything is situated for the driver.

Not trying to re-ignite the Manual vs. Auto argument, but I've opted to get the DSG trannie, mostly because I'm a Formula 1 fan, and the shifter buttons on the GTI are fun

trying for a 4-door in United Gray, package 1, w/ the hufiesen 18-in rims. My credit union is doing the shopping for me; i just have to tell them what I want, and they'll get it for me. we'll see how they do in regards to price.
    UPDATE: I just signed the papers last night! I'm picking it up this afternoon. But it's raining out here, and that is teh Sux0rs.

VIP Member

When I picked up my GLI, it rained for three days solid. It was terrible not being able to really open it up right away.

It's like getting a present on Christmas morning and not getting the batteries with it.
    2006 Shadow Blue GLI Package 2 DSG.<br /><br />SMU 2011.

hi y'all great to be here. Been on for a few hours and i've already learned a lot about my fast and definately happy i have my GTI, rock on and give er all she's got, with moderation of course,lol. laterz

Dubber In Training

Whats up everyone. So I have wanted a GTI since I can remember, and I finally got my Fast on April 12, 2007. I went in looking to get a Candy White one with the 18" Hufeisens, and while i'm sitting there talking to the salesperson, I keep staring at the Fahrenheit they have strategically placed in the center of the showroom. Well, needless to say, I fell in love that day. The Color, the wheels, the stitching and badging on the interior, and then I drove it. I came very close to staining the seats on a car I didnt even own...yet. Well me and my fast have already driven 500 miles, and its been a little over a week. The DSG is amazing, it really has the feel of a manual. My wife wont get in the car unless I keep it out of sport mode. Anyways, Hi to everyone from Fort Meade Maryland.

GTI Master

Well it finally happened. We just ordered our new Candy White 2008 GTI, 18" wheels, iPod Adapater, and Monster Mats. No 2007 cars fit that spec in the BC and Alberta area. You all have a popular car, and apparently a very desirable car - and soon I will join your ranks. We knew we would have to wait, but it will take 5 months because they are no longer accepting 2007 orders. The plant in Germany will be shut down and re-tooled for 3 weeks holidays, hence the extra wait. But after they start up again, our model will be a 2008 - which I guess is a bonus. We negotiated a good deal, and wanted the car in September anyway, so a few extra weeks doesn't really matter, and it will be paid for with cash. We opted for a factory base model (damn thing is loaded), no sun roof and no DSG. I have to say that this website has been terrific in helping us narrow our choice and learn more about the machine. Thanks to everyone - I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Uncle Dude and the Lady that lives with Uncle Dude

CONGRATULATIONS and Happy Birthday!

Shaken not stirred...

It will be worth the wait...

Happy b-day!
    ----------
    Hidden Content

GTI Master

Thanks, we are stoked. A nice birthday present for sure!

Mod!

Does the 2008 look the same? Is it still a MKV?

GTI Master

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonkid07
    Does the 2008 look the same? Is it still a MKV?
    Same all round. They packaged the options slightly different, but we didn't care because we didn't want any. There may be a price increase, but the dealer will eat it if it is more than $300.

Dubber In Training

Well last VW I had was a 1972 VW Superbeetle - now I have a Fahrenheit GTI. What a change!!

Just wanted to say Hi

Dave

Hey all! Well, after a looong hiatus I have returned to the boards. Mostly work kept me from hanging out with y'all, but that didn't keep me from driving my GTI around! If anyone is in the New London, CT area, let me know and we can hang out.
    Wait a sec, Doc; you&#039;re telling me this sucker&#039;s NUCLEAR?!

HOWDY from Austin or the ATX as we call it ~
    New to the forum - looks pretty cool
    A Brief History of Me.
    1984 Rabbit/Golf ( I forget - someone correct me)
    2000 Beetle 1.8T
    2005 GTI 1.8T
    2007 GTI 2.0T Fahrenheit (986/1200)

Computer guy by day, musician by night.
    Driver - 24/7 baybeeee

Good to be here amongst like minded individuals who are not as aesthetically challenged as the rest of the small performance car universe. lol.
    .,.-oO00o-.,.
    .chrisaustintx.
    ``"^\\!|!//^"``

::::::::2o1o MkVI

CSG Grey/Autobahn, 18" Detroits, APR Stg1
    Neuspeed TAI/K&N HiFlo

Nice intro homey

Your user name kinda scares me though...it's to close to CHP (California Highway Patrol)

I keep looking over my shoulder as I'm typing!

big hey from 25miles n. of music city,U.S.A. snagged a 2dr silver 6 sp. last sat for the wife(snicker). traded in an 02 grand prix. momma had a 2000 beaner made turbo beetle before that. the turbo was a hoot but was filled w/ many aggrevations , so we traded in.....ever since the mrs. has been going through gofast withdrawls. the GTI definetley satisfies my fast and then some. seems to be a well engineered ride. very nice forum, thankyou ! tim & doris
    strap in &amp; hold on !!

Quote Originally Posted by GTI Thumper
    momma had a 2000 beaner made turbo beetle before that.
    Hate free forum Tim and Doris.....be nice

Quote Originally Posted by 22350
    to be sure--> no offense meant. i apologize ,should have said Mexican made. hows that ?

Hi all , just on the verge of buying my GTI in the next couple days , the dealership has a fahernheit and I'm trying to decide if it's worth putting out that much coin ($36k canadian). Or just buy a more basic one . Any seggestions out there ?
    If you don&#039;t fly high , ya can&#039;t touch the sky.

GTI Master

Quote Originally Posted by sticks
    Hi all , just on the verge of buying my GTI in the next couple days , the dealership has a fahernheit and I'm trying to decide if it's worth putting out that much coin ($36k canadian). Or just buy a more basic one . Any seggestions out there ?
    well since I just purchased one last week, we got a white one, with no options except rims and iPod adapter............all in, including tax it was $36,000 cdn.................I personally don't think that the Fahrenheit is worth the money, and I think they are thief magnets.........I like the colour, but that's about it

Quote Originally Posted by uncle dude
    Quote Originally Posted by sticks
    well since I just purchased one last week, we got a white one, with no options except rims and iPod adapter............all in, including tax it was $36,000 cdn.................I personally don't think that the Fahrenheit is worth the money, and I think they are thief magnets.........I like the colour, but that's about it
    Yeah, I don't like the orange myself . . . .
    Wait a sec, Doc; you&#039;re telling me this sucker&#039;s NUCLEAR?!

to be sure--> no offense meant. i apologize ,should have said Mexican made. hows that ?
    Excellent....I'm feelin' all warm and fuzzy now...thank you

lol, whatever

Nice intro homey
    Your user name kinda scares me though...it's to close to CHP (California Highway Patrol)
    I keep looking over my shoulder as I'm typing!
    heh -- well hopefully the fact that I'm in TX will ease your worries!
    It's just my last name with 1 for an I - I get tired of trying to get inventive with my handle
    .,.-oO00o-.,.
    .chrisaustintx.
    ``"^\\!|!//^"``

::::::::2o1o MkVI

CSG Grey/Autobahn, 18" Detroits, APR Stg1
    Neuspeed TAI/K&N HiFlo

New Dub Cub

Hey guys & girls, found your site yesterday, admit to be quite stricken by it (very nice & informative). Downloaded the info on oil changes as my mechanic and I did it for the first time on Saturday and i was now able to evaluate our mistakes (mainly not bleeding the filter housing). Have a Tornado Red 06 1/2 Mk V, 11 months old, 9000 miles with pkg 1 (XM), cloth preferred here in South Florida. Had it APRed in August and reprogrammed after dealer upgrade wiped out orignal program. Other car is 2004 M3 convertible but black and a pain to keep washing, so it sits in the garage when it rains. Usually don't miss it when sitting in the little red monster. Have to say tnat the reprogramming has really made the GTI a little pocket rocket and at some point suspension work will need to be added, but enjoying it immensely as it is now. Mechanic was very impressed with the details under the hood and beneath the car. He usually works on BMWs, Porsches and other exotics. Hope you all are well and keep motoring fast

New Dub Cub

I just purchased my GTI last evening. '07 2-Door Candy White Automatic Package 1 - I love it! I have been lurking on the boards for the past several weeks and after reading a lot of post on here I knew I was making the right choice!

Thanks to you all!

Chris Lee

ME too man..... How sweet are these rides.....I've come from a crazy line of cars over the last 4 years (mazda 6, 05 LegacyGT, 06 LegacyGT SpecB, Dodge Ram Daytona - you can check them out at www.pimpmyauto.com for all the mods and crazyniess)

Glad I found these boards.....they've got a good feel to them.....

[img width=350 height=262]http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/pictures/day1/large/DSC05510.JPG[/img]

[img width=350 height=262]http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/pictures/day1/large/DSC05504.JPG[/img]

You can see more: http://www.pimpmyauto.com/gti/pictures_day1.html

First mods - Tint and Stereo....time to start searching and reading hours on end to get up to speed
    Check out my rides - www.pimpmyauto.com

Fahrenheit GTI Owner

i just brought home my fahrenheit last night and i love it so much, i was lucky and my dealership had 3 there so i got a good deal.
    It came with tint and so far all i have boughten was a griffen ipod aux/cigerette lighter plugin. It works great. I am hoping to get either a cai or an exhaust system not sure which yet
    672/1200 I love my pumpkin machine

Quote Originally Posted by Maduga
    i just brought home my fahrenheit last night and i love it so much, i was lucky and my dealership had 3 there so i got a good deal.
    It came with tint and so far all i have boughten was a griffen ipod aux/cigerette lighter plugin. It works great. I am hoping to get either a cai or an exhaust system not sure which yet
    Welcome aboard from another n00b......the FH's are sweet great purchase, I couldn't give up my 6sp though

So many mods, so little time.....or um money :P

DAS IST MEIN FAST

hi everyone
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

Dubber In Training

Hey everyone.. Im lookin into buying an mkv gti especially after all the good things iv herd about it. Im in the process of test driving diffrent cars. I currently own a 2001 honda civic ex coup with i/e. Im a honda guy love hondas always will but i want more speed and more room.Iv already driven a new civic si and i dont like it i mean i love the look but the i ahte to many things about it and the motor isnt the best compared to the k20 thats in the rsx type s. I am going to be test driving a rsx type s, a wrx tr model, and mkv very soon most likey tomorrow. I was told the jettas are pretty nice too has anyone drivin one of them? how are they compared to the mkv gti?

Volkswagen is a whole new world to me. What performance parts are out for it? Does anyone know any sites that sell performance parts for it?

thanks

VIP Member

Tons of good information on the site, we have all the hookups for performance parts, just search around.

Good luck with your decision, let us know what you decide.
    2006 Shadow Blue GLI Package 2 DSG.<br /><br />SMU 2011.

Hello Fast people,
    After reading how much everyone loved their cars so much on this site. I just got a new 2007 GTI with DSG. I traded in my 2003 Toyota Tundra for it. So you can only imagin how much more fun I am having now! I can pass other cars now. I can gas it into turns. I dont have to stop at every gas station any more. This car has better handeling and acceleration than a Porsche I had in the mid 90's. Wow what a ride.
    VW Dune Buggy,72 Nova, 76 Datsun B 210, 73 Nova, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon&nbsp; (454/ 4 spd stick) , 77 Malibu,76 El Camino, 85 Civic, 87 Perlude, 90 5.0 Ford Mustang, 66&nbsp; Malibu,93 Porsche 911, 96 Z28 Camero, 95 Ford Ranger, 03 Toyata Tundra, and then the 2007 VW GTI my fav so far.

DAS IST MEIN FAST

hey gti guy have fun with your fast
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

Quote Originally Posted by GTI guy
    Hello Fast people,
    After reading how much everyone loved their cars so much on this site. I just got a new 2007 GTI with DSG. I traded in my 2003 Toyota Tundra for it. So you can only imagin how much more fun I am having now! I can pass other cars now. I can gas it into turns. I dont have to stop at every gas station any more. This car has better handeling and acceleration than a Porsche I had in the mid 90's. Wow what a ride.
    Me too man, come'n from my Dodge Ram 1500 Daytona....it's already nice on the wallet and it's only been a week......

Welcome aboard!

Thanks for the welcom
    VW Dune Buggy,72 Nova, 76 Datsun B 210, 73 Nova, 56 Chevy 2 door wagon&nbsp; (454/ 4 spd stick) , 77 Malibu,76 El Camino, 85 Civic, 87 Perlude, 90 5.0 Ford Mustang, 66&nbsp; Malibu,93 Porsche 911, 96 Z28 Camero, 95 Ford Ranger, 03 Toyata Tundra, and then the 2007 VW GTI my fav so far.

Dubber In Training

Hey everyone!!
    im a newbie here too!
    i am a new driver who is looking for advice on my GTI
    i am new to my license.
    i know i will get flamed, my dad bought me the car, im very lucky. my dad manages a Volkswagen Audi store, and is a car nut. He has done alot of autocross and drag racing (motorcycles). He has been attempting to teach me the finer points of driving since i was twelve. I love my car. I got it last August, he threatened to remove the revo until i can handle it stock, but so far i have talked him out of it. The car has H&R sports springs, 19" wheels, and BFG tires.

Page 4 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast