Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

cool Mooz, welcome to planet fast!

I am still fastless but want to order with next month or so, once I have it I haveto keep in mind your mods..... did you or are you consideing lowering about 1 inch?
    Not driving fast, flying low......<br />Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

I have been pondering the height issue since I purchased the car, but I've never had the best of luck with the whole lowering scenario. The last time I had it done, I was buying tires ever 15-20k miles or so. So I have been doing some research on the various ways to lower your vehicle, and I hope utilize this site as well by learning from other VW owners and their success stories.

I would like to lower the car, and it is in the grand scheme of my design for the car. I just want to do some studying before I jump into that project again. If anyone has suggestions, I am all ears.

DubMeister

Can you be more specific to "a few grand later". As in three? US $?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny
    Can you be more specific to "a few grand later". As in three? US $?
    The kit retails for $4000, but if you search around you can do better on the price, I got mine for $3500 installed. Just because I have been a frequent customer throughout the years. Check around, I'm sure you can find a decent deal on the kit. I will post a link to the kit below. Good luck finding your solution

http://www.gmpperformance.com/index....parts&CID=5687

New Dub Cub

Howdy from SoCal "805"Just picked up my Silver 4 door two weeks ago and love it.

Welcome!

VDubber

Howdy
    Hammer Time

Dubber In Training

Default Looking foward to leasing a GTI MkV 2007 =)

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forums, and glad I found a community strictly for the GTI. Well, I'm turning 17 in a month, and in New York, that is the legal age to drive by myself. I have a Junior's License that will turn into a regular license when I turn 17. Anyhow, with that, I've been looking for cars. I've been looking for a few months now, and I must say, that the GTI is the absolute biggest bang for the money. It has everything and more. It packs a punch with that Turbo Engine, DSG, and Launch control, and other assorted performance features, it is very safe (which appeals greatly to my parents) because of the 8 airbags, steel cage & 4-wheel abs, and front and rear fortification. A really nice sound system, killer interior, Sweet plaid race seats, a nice steering wheel. AH! It makes me so excited just thinking about it. I mean, I know you all know all of this, as most of you own them, but the point I'm trying to make is, barely any other cars are out there around this price that come close the features that this has stock. Everything out there that seems to be cheap, (15,000 range) Don't come with abs, anti-theft or anything close to what the GTI has stock. It comes with 2 airbags, a shotty ass engine, and an air freshener if you're lucky, and the dealership likes you enough to give you a complimentary one.

All-in-all, I'm very excited, and I just want to know what everyone else thinks. I know I am not an experienced driver, just turning 17 and all, and that I'm going to be driving a car that packs a lot under the hood, but I'm not into racing too much and all that speed motor-head stuff. But, having a car that performs like the GTI would be amazing, especially considering everything else in it that will make my first real driving experience a great one. I have yet to test drive it, but I can't wait. I've been reading so much up on the GTI, I really think its enough looking at pictures and videos, and time to take that bad boy for a spin.

Keep it real all you GTI owners. Soon, I hope I'll be joining you're group of owners. =)

Thanks,
    Matt

P.S. - If you have any other comments about the car that you think would help convince my parents into letting me get this car, let me know. They think it's really nice, its just always a plus for them to feel more confident in the car I'll be taking around with me. And hopefully they help a little on my down payment as a birthday present or something :P

Jedi Dubber

Just tell them it is a great long term investment. So even if it is a little bit expensive, it will balance itself out in the future. And you might as well buy a car now and have it paid off before your done college, and before your out in the real world with bills and other payments. It makes sense, and thats what I tols my parents.

By the way what color are your thinking of?
    &quot;Mezmerize the simple minded, Propaganda leaves us blinded&quot;<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; - System of a Down <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hypnotize

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by UnitedGrayGTi06
    Just tell them it is a great long term investment. So even if it is a little bit expensive, it will balance itself out in the future. And you might as well buy a car now and have it paid off before your done college, and before your out in the real world with bills and other payments. It makes sense, and thats what I tols my parents.

Buy a car; meaning the GTI - or just something else?

I was thinking Candy White - Or Black Magic. The Black Magic is nicer in my opinion but harder to see and maybe a bit harder on insurance. The parents don't like the black too much.

Hey whats up everyone, this is the first VW I have ever owned and I have to say its incredible!! I also like that fact that I found this website . It really makes me feel like I'm apart of something great!! I bought my GTI two weeks ago and I have not stopped thinking about since then!!!

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by xWhiteboy55
    Quote Originally Posted by UnitedGrayGTi06

Buy a car; meaning the GTI - or just something else?

I was thinking Candy White - Or Black Magic. The Black Magic is nicer in my opinion but harder to see and maybe a bit harder on insurance. The parents don't like the black too much.
    The GTi of course
    &quot;Mezmerize the simple minded, Propaganda leaves us blinded&quot;<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; - System of a Down <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hypnotize

Dubber In Training

hi! From SoCal, I'm sort of a newbie... been reading around for about 3 weeks and I've been learning a lot. I'm still fastless I'm still saving up like I've said in other posts and still undecided whether to go with DSG or 6MT but I still got time to decide.. I hope to learn a lot more from everyone and maybe help the upcoming.

Real men love control Go for the stick! lol I love the DSG, but in the long run if there was a maintenance issue, the 6spd manual will be easier on the pocket

Dubber In Training

thanks... thats the kinda stuff i want to hear

VDubber

I am coming from rabbitownersclub.com. I'm 27 from Boston, MA. Considered buying the rabbit, but then I test drove a GTI, and haven't been the same person since. Damn they are fast. I think I will be going for the 4 door. Been going back and forth on which color I want. I wanted white at first, then went to red, then black and then back to white again. Anyways I am looking to buy in about 2-3 months. So hello all.

Dubber In Training

Wutttup guys, I'm new here as well. I'm from San Jose, California and i'm affiliated with the WatercooledMilitia.com. Feel free to check us out when you get the chance. Just wanted to introduce myself.

New Dub Cub

Hi all!!! Im been reading the forum for a few weeks... Im in the process of selling my XB , so I can get a white gti... =) Hope it doesn't take long the process.

Like one member, Im still thinking if Im to get the 6spd manual, or DSG.... I like the idea of using automatic for freeway traffic..

VDubber

Default My GTI

Hey I'm new on the boards. From Boston, MA. If everything goes well, I should have my GTI on April 30th!!!

New Dub Cub

Default Aloha from the 808 State!

Hey guys, I just picked up a 2006 MKV Gti, Red/Black (Black hood and roof). Just wanted to say wassup. O btw I love this car!!!

They actually sell 'em like that? Pics!

New Dub Cub

Oh no, I'm pretty sure the factory doesn't sell the Gti with black hood and roof on base red. Pictures will come soon but I need to borrow a camera from my friend.

Hello. New here my Fast is a Fahrenheit GTI. My outgoing car was a 2002 Audi TT. I'm loving the GTI so far. It's a bit different feeling than the TT, the GTI suspension seems tighter and more responsive, yet it takes holes in the road nicer. I really hoping it will be in the shop less than the Audi.

Wow, the TT used to be my dream car. I can't believe someone would trade in one for a GTI.

Then again, if it was a 180hp base model from 2002, our GTIs have more power! :P

Thalo, I would almost get the new TT coming out but I had such problems with my A4... Do the problems translate over to VW? That's my only concern over a fast......
    Not driving fast, flying low......<br />Hidden Content

Shaken not stirred...

Hiya! I'm new... Just purchased my 07 GTI MkV 4-door and I'm in the San Francisco East Bay.

My brother has an 06 MkV and he changes cars like underwear. Last week, I called him up and asked if he was ready to "get rid" of his GTI yet; His response was "HELL NO!"

I had some money saved up for a new motorcycle (Duc 109
    and found out there is a waiting list for the bike
    (I already have a few bikes anyway) so I decided to use the money for a car.

Well I've since found out the GTI is not just "a car".
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Thalo
    Wow, the TT used to be my dream car. I can't believe someone would trade in one for a GTI.

Then again, if it was a 180hp base model from 2002, our GTIs have more power! :P
    It was a 225, but I bought it used and it was driving me batty with all the squeaks and moans it was making (Audi just said it was the nature of the beast). Don't get me wrong, I'm already missing it, but honestly the 2.0T is alot snappier than the 225 1.8T (there is alot more lag in the 1.. I'm not a street racer either, I just like to be able go fast when the mood strikes me. The convertable was fun too, but it leaked and Audi has had it in 6 times, yes.. 6 times to fix it and they they still couldn't get it. They were still doing repeat warranty work on the top, the instrument cluster and general dashboard squeaking 12000 miles after the factory warranty was up. And it was due for a timing belt job, it needed new tires and I still had 4 years to pay on it. So, now I have a nice shiny new car with a brand new warranty and more room than I know what to do with (ever seen the "trunk" in a TT Roadster?).

Is it any more spacious than the rear seat leg room in the Coupe? I always thought of the GTI as a TT with praticality. But the TT looks way better.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalo
    Is it any more spacious than the rear seat leg room in the Coupe? I always thought of the GTI as a TT with praticality. But the TT looks way better.
    Well, I had the Roadster (2 seater), but I've been in a few TT Coupes and there is no leg room.. none. The back seats touch the front seats when adjusted comfortably. The GTI has worlds more room. Leg room, headroom, cargo room. I agree the TT looks better, but overall I'm happier with the GTI since it's my only car, if I could afford the TT as a second car for the occational weekend drive that's a totally different story.

I would have LOVED to be able to buy a TT, roadster or coupe, but could not for the life of me get into a doable driving position in the seat. Even in a Miata, I could move the seat forward as far as my knees would allow and then recline the seat until I could see through the windshield. In the TT, nothing I could think of would give me a view out the front while allowing my knees to fit under the steering wheel. No problems in my GTI though. I love it.
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

'07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

I've sat in the new redesigned TT. I don't think I could ever get used to it. First of all it's hard as hell to get in and out of. Second, it feels like you've only got half a windshield to look out of and the side windows start at eye level.

Jedi Dubber

Default just bought

my black mkv gti with pkg1, dsg, and 18's. paid 23k for it after talking to the dealer for 4 hours. lol. so stoked tho. its about time. now i just need to buy a godamn radar detector. so many cops around here.

Jedi Dubber

the design of the new tt definitely sucks compared to the 1st gen tt.

The design of all new Audis suck compared to the previous generation.

Dubber In Training

My wife and I just got the '07 Farenheit GTI.&#160; after working with the Fleet Manager on the phone for a week and a half, we went in Thursday.&#160; One hour later my Wife drove off the lot with the new baby.&#160; 24K+TTL and warranty.&#160; The sticker on the car was almost 33K!!! We plan to do some minor mods to the powerplant, external appearance, audio, alarm, bluetooth, etc.&#160; APR seems prety reputable for the ECU.&#160; Thinking about getting the AUDI Bluetoothe module from the A3 to incorporate into the steering wheel.&#160; Maybe some lowering spings from Eibach or Bilstein. Definitely a new FMIC and Turbo package w/ BOV, new hoses, etc.&#160; Engine will get regrounded.&#160; Some CF replacement parts will look awesome on the orange paint job.&#160; We will see how far it goes.

Before the MKV, we had an '03 Mitsu EVO VIII.&#160; Tons of modifications made it lightening fast!&#160; About 400hp.&#160; everything was done in Scottsdale, AZ by DynoComp.&#160; Check them out at www.dynocompp.com&#160; They do VW, as well as Renntech Mercedes, Porsche, Lotus, Subaru, and other speedy favs.

Anyway, good to have a resource like this to discover the world of the GTI.&#160;

Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by farenheit2hot

Before the MKV, we had an '03 Mitsu EVO VIII. Tons of modifications made it lightening fast! About 400hp. everything was done in Scottsdale, AZ by DynoComp.
    Anyway, good to have a resource like this to discover the world of the GTI.
    You "had" an EVO? Do you not have it anymore? Why did you get the GTI if you had the EVO? STi, EVO, and the GTI were my dream cars, but the GTI was definitely more affordable, so I got that. I'm happy. But I'm curious how they compare to someone who has owned both.

Dubber In Training

We purchased the EVO and modified it to the gills!&#160; shortly after we got the evo back with the mods, the car was hit, head on, by a '89 Volvo.&#160; My wife was fine but the car was totalled by the insurance company.&#160; The insurance co. paid everthing and we had a couple thousand extra, after all said and done.&#160; they paid for the aftermarket parts, too.&#160; The EVO actually appreciated in value!&#160; Totally awesome!&#160;

We then got a HEMI Sport Dodge Ram for the size.&#160; She finally got tired of the truck and we got the GTI for the fuel economy.

Our plan is to get the new EVO X next spring, when it becomes available.

Mod!

but how do they compare? I mean I know the EVO is obviously faster, but comfort and the "fun factor"?

Dubber In Training

Sup all? I've found MFG very informative and wanted say thanks for all the posts and info. I've got a lot of catching up to do. One thing I've wanted to know since I started reading the GTI forums is what does the acronym BMP stand for in regards to the car?
    Please excuse my ignorance.

thx - dog

Hello Fasters!
    Just joined your board, and am impressed with the info available here! Good work.
    I'm researching the MkV, A3, and Volvo C30 T5. So far the GTi is leading severely
    My current (and only) car is an '03 Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T, my first VW.
    The local dealer (St.Catharines, Ontario, Canada) has been stellar. I'm hoping we're still friends when I knock on his door to trade in the Jetta
    I'll keep lurking, and learning...
    'Flyer
    "Where you come from is gone. Where you think you were going was never there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it." - Flannery O'Connor

Page 3 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast