Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Default Re: INTRODUCTIONS - Say Howdy Here

It is dangerous to have a low hp car. Think about pulling into traffic from a driveway or turning at an uncontrolled intersection. You need a quick spurt of power to finangle yourself into traffic and catch up to the flow of it, especially when there's only small gaps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

GTfly time

for 1000 bucks a chip and intake would be a great start. it will cost you about 700-900 bucks depebnding on which you get

New Dub Cub

Watup everybody,

Just got my 06 GTI about 2 weeks ago, loveeee it so far. Had a 2000 V6 4-motion Passat before which I loved, but it pretty much started falling to pieces. Wanted to keep it in the VW family and fell in love with the GTI. All I have is one question now, with every talkin about how they've modified their rides, I was just wondering wat I should do with limited funds (around $1000) , wats gonna do the most for my GTI in terms of engine and preformance, not a body kit or anything

Anything suggestions would be very much appreciated

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Dubber In Training

Yo!!! I finally got it!!!!! 07 PAK 1 UG Manual, Love IT!!! had to wait for it to come in on the boat. none of the dealers here in OR had one or would trade it with my dealer. It is a most wondeful ride and it is a great way to be excellent to yourself. everybody here at the site has been very helpful and I look forward to discussing our GTI's. Party on ya'll.

Be The Fast.....

B$$$

Dubber In Training

I pick up my '07 GTI 4-door w/ DSG tomorrow morning.

I am heading straight to the APR dealer for my computer upgrade (it's on sale!) after the papers are signed.

New Dub Cub

Just wanted to say hello.

I got my Black Magic GTI last week and just got it back from the tint shop. 5% all around. I can't wait to receive my fast and the guitar.

I am from northeast Florida.

Thanks for a great set of forums for the MKV. It has been very helpful.

trhayes76
    07 Black MAgic GTI, pack 1, tint.
    trhayes76<br /><br />07 Black Magic GTI<br />package 1<br />5% tint

Jedi Dubber

Hi there! I'm charlie, I got my GTI about 4 months ago and have loved it ever since!! I've done a little drag racing with it. best time is a 14:86 @ 93 bone stock. (just took some tire pressure out of the front) I'm building the car for road racing so it's gonna be fun. I put in a new suspension system by Neuspeed about a week ago and love it. Anyway, hope to get some good pointers and maybe find out where I can get parts!! lol
    It's not stock...
    Hidden Content

Dubber In Training

Good day eh! Grimsby, Ontario, Canada.
    I have had my G for a few months now, it replaced my other G a G35. What a piece of crap that was. Engine and suspension gone at 125000 km.
    Anyway, this is my first VW. I love it, can't believe the mileage I'm getting in comparison to my previous rides.
    So far GIAC, tint, winter rims and tires.
    Plan on lowering in the spring.

Dubber In Training

Hi FF,

Thanks mate...glad to be on board....great forum...keep up the good work

Keep smiling...ongie
    Our Cars are FASTastic

New Dub Cub

Hey FF

I lost everything when this whole website crashed--that kind of sucks!

Ongie, did you save all those poems?

you were on a roll dude!

Glad to be back!

GTIGUY

hey guys my names chris im from crestview florida.....near destin and pensacola.....lookin at gettin a gti soemtime between now and august.....gotta sell my s10....juss a few questions......anybody know of a site dedicated to aftermarket parts for the gti.....juss tryin tog et an idea of how much extra $ i'll need to put what i want on it......imm gunna upgrade intake exhaust BOV and ecu....thnx guys

Dubber In Training

Default Hello all and thanks

Just joined this fine board and wanted to say hello to all. I just purchased my 2007 white GTI about an hour ago. I ve been lurking around this place for about a month now. It's really helped me out. Lots of good info here. I could not decide on the GTi, Mazdaspeed 6, Rx8 or the mazdaspeed 3 and lastly the Pontiac GTO. Numbers and countless car salesmen bashings later, i chose the GTI and all i can say is " Damn" what a sweet ride. smooth as glass. hope to chat with u all soon .. cheers c u all cruzin in socal...

Dubber In Training

Hey people,
    I just wanted to say hi to everyone, and that you all run an extremely sweet message board here! I just got a 2007 Candy White GTI with dsg and its just a tremendous vehicle. i am the newest GTI fanatic!
    -Dom

Dubber In Training

Hey everyone, been tracking with you guys for a few weeks now and I wanted to let you know that your feedback/commentary and passion for this kick ass 'lil wonder is totally inspiring. I pick up mine on Feb 5th, 2007 and after a three month order time, can't wait. Props out to FF and everyone that has shared their two bits worth. Hope to bring my own insights to you guys as well...Cheers, GTI*UP

New Dub Cub

hi everyone. i dont have a gti (sorry) but i do like them and might be getting one soon. i just bought a evo mr and still have my 01 eclipse gt to get rid of. i will go to a couple VW dealers and see if i can trade it in and if so i will get a gti. great site

Dubber In Training

hey everyone, i have the black magic 2 dr with the 18 inches and my fast never leaves the passenger seat for anyone!!!! any passengers must ride in the back or not ride at all!!! i love my fast and it loves me back!

Dubber In Training

yeah umm i havent gotten mine but hopefully i can in 2 months or so

Dubber In Training

Hello everyone.

VDubber

Hey FF

I joined this site about 2 months ago when i bought my 07 GTI Black Magic fully loaded. Traded in my 05 Honda Civic for a perfect German Car. I lived in Germany for years and now live in Texas. Retired from the Army last year and currently running a automotive shop. Just want to say hello to all and thank you FF for a awesome web site.
    Hammer Time

Hallo!
    I am an Aircooler (79' Bus)&#160; and I have had alot of previous water-pumpers (1983 GTI, 1984 Scirocco, 1987 Scirrocco, 1988 Scirocco 16V, 1990 Jetta.. and now a 2007 GTI)
    I love the site, I plan on keeping my "fast" for quite a while so I want to keep the mods minimal, what are the best\safe mods?
    Send me a message i would love to talk to you about your car and the mods you currently have.
    Thanks for the awesome site.. keep up the great work guys&#160;
    &quot;We can&#039;t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.&quot;<br />-Albert Einstein&nbsp; 1879-1955

I don't own a fast, YET. But for some reason I am getting the urge. I have owned a M3 before, but hated to worry about it because of the cost. Maybe it's because I am married and feel like I am losing my yound playful side. I am afraid to test drive cause I think I'll sign same day. Any suggestions??
    Not driving fast, flying low......<br />Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by KGDeAng
    I am afraid to test drive cause I think I'll sign same day. Any suggestions??
    I have a suggestion; test drive it, buy it. You won't regret it.
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

'07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

Jedi Dubber

It is the most fun test drive I have ever had in a car. With the DSG they let me take the car out by myself. (BAD DECISION!!!) But then a few months later I went back to the same place and since I wante to drive the manual, they made one of the salesman go with me. He only let me drive it for a few minutes though, because he said they were trying to keep the miles down. But it was the best 3 miles of my life.

Do it, you will not regret it!
    &quot;Mezmerize the simple minded, Propaganda leaves us blinded&quot;<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; - System of a Down <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hypnotize

What are you comparing your test drive to? What other cars have you test drove, or owned, IF you don't mind me asking?
    P.S. I went my 2nd time to another VW dealer today to poke around. If I did by I am slightly torn between 2 or 4 door, although I am a purest when it does come to cars, and would have to say I would probably do the 2 door. There's always another car in driveway for the family trips, this would be my fast (and comuter)

Dubber In Training

get the 2 door!!! no offense to the 4 door or anything but its a sports car and 2 doors are how sports cars are supposed to be made. the r32 is not a 4 door so why buy ur gti as a 4 door?? just my opinion tho!!!! :P

I agree Beezy, thats how I feel, as I said "purest". The one I looked at last night was the dark gray, very nice, but I think most any color is on this little pocket rocket. And I am amazed that it feels quite big inside for its size.
    Now I just have to come over this sick guilt I live with about spending alittle foolishly. I will admit, I am telling myself and wife this is for comuting, with alittle fun factor, so I don't have to haul around with the family truckster everywhere I go. I mean come on, for a guy to grow up, it takes baby steps.

Let me ask another question and please everyone, THIS IS ONLY A QUESTION, no need for moments of silence. Has anyone wrecked or got into bad accident with their fast? Is so, how did she or he hold up, and how did you as a driver hold up? Thank you.

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by KGDeAng
    What are you comparing your test drive to? What other cars have you test drove, or owned, IF you don't mind me asking?
    P.S. I went my 2nd time to another VW dealer today to poke around. If I did by I am slightly torn between 2 or 4 door, although I am a purest when it does come to cars, and would have to say I would probably do the 2 door. There's always another car in driveway for the family trips, this would be my fast (and comuter)
    2006 Ford Mustang GT, 2006 MazdaSpeed3, 2006 Nissan Titan and Frontier (auto), 2006 Ford F-250 (auto), 2006 Chevy Cobalt SS, 2004 Corvette (auto)
    &quot;Mezmerize the simple minded, Propaganda leaves us blinded&quot;<br /><br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; - System of a Down <br />&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; Hypnotize

That's quite a mix and match of different cars that you test drove, but if it compares that well to a corvette, and the others it does make a good case in favor of the fast. Thank you UnitedGray

Jedi Dubber

Exactly. I'm not saying that the GTi is faster than a Corvette or Mustang GT. But because of its smooth 6 speed, great gas mileage, and superior handling; its way more fun and practical to own. The transmissions in the Corvette and Mustang GT are clunky and they offer no storage space in them.

I agree, and as I mentioned, I have owned M3, Honda S2000, Audi A4, all great cars, but you put in that other factor of price and always worrying on where to park, small scratches, etc. that takes them down on overall fun to own. Years ago I had a friend with a CRX Si years ago, wow, that was a cool car, was fun, you can E-brake that thing in spins like go-kart, and it cost 16k, that's bang for buck!!!!

"that's bang for buck!!!!"

that's what I see in GTI, really what else out there could I test drive, that question leaves me at loss

Can someone explain to me the Karma meter in our profiles?

Jedi Dubber

When someone gives you "aplause" it gives you +1 on your karma rating. If someone "smites" you then you get -1. It all depends on what comments you make and if other people like them or not.

united, guess I'll have to brush up on my people skills...... if you clap for me, I'll clap for you,

Jedi Dubber

You'll need to do a lot of clapping for me because everyone on this site hates me. I told them all to **** OFF!!! At least your nice.

+1 for you.

-1 Karma for every deliberate evasion of the word censor. If you want to see yourself say **** a lot, just turn off the word censor doohickey in your personal settings. -Thalo

VDubber

Hi all, I've had my Fast for almost a year now. Im at 15,000KM.

I first wanted to get it as soon as it came out in Jan 2006. I Tested the A3 and the GTI. As far as performance both have the same power train and not much diff to it but i felt so boxed in the Audi and the higher price didnt make it more inviting. I only drove the GTI for 5 min and i fell in love with it. The problem was the dealership would not give me a good deal on my trade so i had to cancel the buy. Couple of months later i sold my crappy Cavalier Z24 for $3000 more than the dealership offered, and i went to get my GTI right away. The problem was they were selling like crazy and they didnt have many left. I told the dealer get me one i dont care what color as long as its manual ( ill never go back to automatic). So couple of days later he found me the last GTI available at the dealership it was a Reflex Silver 6 sp manual with sunroof. PERFECT! I was so happy when they gave me the keys that i stalled 3 times in the parking lot because i was till shaking with excitement. The dealer looked at me and said relax you signed the papers ITS YOURS.

I recently got my QUICK SILVER tinted and i painted the black bumpers and side skirts.

VW IN DA HAUS JA
    \ V /<br /> \/\/<br /><br />Cars ive driven, best to worse<br /><br />06 GTI **********<br />06 Audi A3<br />04 Audi A4<br />02 Integra<br />96 Passat TDI<br />06 Jetta<br />06 Passat<br />02 Cavalier Z24<br />96 Jetta<br />06 Dodge Charger<br />01 Chevy Jimmy<br />95 Ford Contour<br />92 Chevy Lumina<br />91 Opel Kadet<br />97 Firefly

Picked up my new 2007 GTI today.

Traded-in a 2001 Turbo Beetle.

I love this car.

Called the dealer on Feb. 21 to see if they had an automatic and I bought the car within 1/2 hour of the phone call.

Almost as cool as my 2007 Shelby Mustang GT500!

It may handle better though!

Cheers!

Mike

Default Newbie

Hello Gtis,

I am new to this forum. Dun have one yet. On the way as the waiting list is as long as my C@#K. Now, i did prolong it by ordering white color.

I am from Malaysia if u know where this country is. Not many will know i suspect. Any event, VAG has formally established its official dealer here so many more Gtis are rolling in day by day.

By the way...where do i locate the launch control? i read abt this somewhere in your article.....and is it packaged into production car year 2007?

Do this car pose any mechanical problems within first year assuming car is stock?

Feel free to let me know ya...cuz i just MORGAGED MY HOUSE for this car.

Good to know u ppl

Mitsutoyonda07

I just wanted to introduce myself to the masses. I have been a VW enthusiasts for quite sometime, I drove a MKI in High school, and until recently I drove one of the infamous 1998 yellow MKIII VR6's. I recently purchased a 2007 MKV Black Magic with the package 2 upgrade, and decided not to trade the MKIII in, I just love that car too much to let it go.

After purchasing my new Fast (have to get used to that...lol) I noticed it wasn't the beast my supercharged VR6 was, so I sent it to the Mod shop, and a few grand later I am 300hp and 323 lb/ft so I am much happier with my fast's performance Smiley For those that are wondering what I did to achieve those numbers, I had the APR MK5 2.0 FSI Turbo K04 Upgrade Kit installed. There will soon be a kit from APR that boast 415hp(386whp) out soon, but I'm not sure of the cost.

I will have pics to post later, forgive me for my tardiness, working long hours to pay for my new "Fast" Smiley

Page 2 of 109 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 102 ... LastLast