Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

DubMeister

Default Re: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Whether you get the GTI or keep the Forester (not...), you will still have the Miata as a spare. Do you know about the Monster Miata Kits available? If not look into it. It allows you put wedge a small block V-8 into a Miata!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner VEGAS FAHRENHEIT's Avatar

LMAO...a V8 is bigger then the entire Miata!!! (no offense)

I need something with a little boost. My wife is driving a new '07 R56 Mini Cooper S. My daily driver is an '07 non-turbo Forester. My summer driver is an '06 Miata.

Why don't you just take over the Mini from your wife and give her the 'family' Forester. I think the Mini is a blast to drive.

DubMeister

That's the beauty of it, it is bigger. But then again, that is what happened when Ford put a 427 into a British Shelby. I am tempted to put one together myself.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny
    Do you know about the Monster Miata Kits available? If not look into it. It allows you put wedge a small block V-8 into a Miata!!
    Yup, I'm aware of all of the Miata stuff. The car is so perfectly balanced stock I'm not going to mess with it. It's an animal on the tightest of twisties. It's drive wheels are where they're supposed to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Fahrenheit
    LMAO...a V8 is bigger then the entire Miata!!! (no offense) Why don't you just take over the Mini from your wife and give her the 'family' Forester. I think the Mini is a blast to drive.
    The family Forester may become my daughter's. She starts driving next spring.

Why don't I just take over the Mini from my wife? Uhhh, yeah, go 'head and try. Seriously, the only time I get to drive it is when she takes the family Forester up to the cabin and leaves the Mini sitting in the garage. I'm surprised she doesn't take the keys with her. LOL

Boost is good, overboost is better.

Hello VW people. I just bought a 2007 Fahrenheit, my real name is Carmen but I go by my middle name which is Robert. I am 34 years old today and I am a Scout Platoon Sergeant in the United States Army. I have been in the Army for 15 years. For fun I I like to do track days on my Aprilia RSV-1000R. Oh yea I have been married for 13 years and we are expecting our first child in March. Thats it!!
    2010 Black GTI, DSG, RNS-510, Sunroof, stage 1 apr I plead the 5th.

Happy Birthday!!!! and welcome to MFG Also congrats on the arrival of the new babies. Your Fahrenheit and your child

Check out some of the pics TOE_FAST took of our Fahrenheits on the Fahrenheit Photo Shoot

Mod!

Quote Originally Posted by falconeight
    Hello VW people. I just bought a 2007 Fahrenheit, my real name is Carmen but I go by my middle name which is Robert. I am 34 years old today and I am a Scout Platoon Sergeant in the United States Army. I have been in the Army for 15 years. For fun I I like to do track days on my Aprilia RSV-1000R. Oh yea I have been married for 13 years and we are expecting our first child in March. Thats it!!

Welcome to MFG and congratulations!

GET THE BABY ORANGE CLOTHES! haha.

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by falconeight
    An Aprilia??

Good to see another rider on the board Where do you do your trackdays?

to MFG!
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Im in Texas and have only ridden at cresson south of Dallas. I've done trackday in Putnam in Indiana, and Barber in Alabama. Thanks for the welcomes....nice VW People!
    2010 Black GTI, DSG, RNS-510, Sunroof, stage 1 apr I plead the 5th.

hello friends...
    I am new to VW and this site... Just want to say HI... we got a brand new RED MkV couple of months ago and we love it...

This site rocks as well...

Glad to see another two-wheeler as well. CBR1000rr myself. Welcome.

Hey everybody, new to the forum. I just got a 08 GTI 2-dr w/DSG in Black Magic...I am lovin it!

This is a cool site and excellent resource for anyone needing information about these cars...i defintely used it to help make my decision...look for some pics soon!

The Shetland

GTI Master

Welcome Shetland, can't wait to see 08 pics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Shetland
    Hey everybody, new to the forum. I just got a 08 GTI 2-dr w/DSG in Black Magic...I am lovin it!

This is a cool site and excellent resource for anyone needing information about these cars...i defintely used it to help make my decision...look for some pics soon!

The Shetland
    Welcome Shetland!

DubMeister

Are you from Texas Shetland?

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shetland

The Shetland
    to MFG!
    ----------
    Hidden Content

VDubber

what's up all my little vdub big dogs! i just got a fahrenheit no.748 i have to tell you i went in to get a gas money car so im there kicking wheels and i just can't pull the triger on the base bunny so i took a spin in a 08 gti and i was like ok i can do this, this car is the sh-t but you know you can't let the sales guy know that so i talked a little bit and came down to it and i was like man i can't do the little bunny and you don't have any deals on the 08 gti so i walked two days latter i get the call back, ya come on down lets make a deal what ever you want. so i go down and they give me a little run around and i'm like ok i'm out but they called my punk card and said you know we have this 07 fahrenheit and he goes on there is only 1200 and all that and im like i can rock this car but don't let them know this right so they tell me this is the only 07 gti in cali you will find and we will give it to you for the most part sence the 08 are here, so deal done! sence then i have parked my 08 navi and put about 2000 miles on the vw i love this car
    do work my little vdub

Shaken not stirred...

to MFG.

Not another one of those orange ones.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

I'm new to this site, but old to GTI. Had an '85 GTI - red. Had a lot of fun with it. Went on to other things - Mustang GTs, Miata, several motorcycles - before going back to GTI with a 2007 DSG. Hmmm. Still a fun car. Few complaints - rattle in center of dash; trans forgets to shift on sharp right hand turns (redlines before shifting); some sluggishness when first accelerating from a stop (I'm used to V8 power and VFR800 get-up and go).

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by warprints
    I'm new to this site, but old to GTI. Had an '85 GTI - red. Had a lot of fun with it. Went on to other things - Mustang GTs, Miata, several motorcycles - before going back to GTI with a 2007 DSG. Hmmm. Still a fun car. Few complaints - rattle in center of dash; trans forgets to shift on sharp right hand turns (redlines before shifting); some sluggishness when first accelerating from a stop (I'm used to V8 power and VFR800 get-up and go).
    to MFG.

I killed my two mustangs, but I still have a few bikes. VFR800 power? j/k
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Freddie
    Welcome to MFG, Use this thread to Introduce yourself to everyone! whether your old school Vdubber or new to the VW scene, We welcome you to My Fast GTI. Just bought? We'd love to hear about you and your new GTI.
    FF
    Hi,

Canuck dude who just purchased a GTI in Ohio. all paid for, just have to pick it up on Oct 1. Was there last week to finalize paper work....She's already got 125 miles since they had to bring it from another dealership

Specs: 2008, Black Magic, Manual Tranny w/ Sunroof and Premium sound. Didn't get the Hufs, straight up Denvers.

I'm still debating whether to get the Hufs or not.....I thought the ride was a bit rough with the 18s so that's the reason I went with the Denvers.

Any opinion would be great!
    Now: &#39;98 Intrigue<br /><br />Before:&nbsp; <br />&#39;08 GTI<br />&#39;88 Grand Marquis<br />&#39;87 Accord Couple<br />&#39;85 Golf Diesel<br />&#39;84 Predule

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by pooyaj
    Welcome to MFG, Use this thread to Introduce yourself to everyone! whether your old school Vdubber or new to the VW scene, We welcome you to My Fast GTI. Just bought? We'd love to hear about you and your new GTI.
    FF
    Hi,

Canuck dude who just purchased a GTI in Ohio. all paid for, just have to pick it up on Oct 1. Was there last week to finalize paper work....She's already got 125 miles since they had to bring it from another dealership

Specs: 2008, Black Magic, Manual Tranny w/ Sunroof and Premium sound. Didn't get the Hufs, straight up Denvers.

I'm still debating whether to get the Hufs or not.....I thought the ride was a bit rough with the 18s so that's the reason I went with the Denvers.

Welcome to MFG Keep the Denvers and get a summer set of tires/wheels in 18s like the Huffs.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Dubber In Training

whutup people

2 questions

1. why isnt it called Golf anymore?

and

2. doesnt the back bumper on the bottom make the GTI it look sorta cheap?.. i wish it didnt have it on there but i will still change it anyways,

--

HEY im jimmy
    im new to the VW GTI game
    i just bought my first car(gti) today
    and was hoping for someone to teach me about mods on it

-jimmy

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by hiimjimmeh
    HEY im jimmy
    im new to the VW GTI game
    i just bought my first car(gti) today
    and was hoping for someone to teach me about mods on it

-jimmy
    Jimmy-

to MFG! What year GTI did you get? There are a lot of great threads on mods on here (just try search). If your GTI has a turbo, the biggest bang for the buck is upgrading the ECU (chip or software), followed by intake and full exhaust.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by Revoluxion
    whutup people

2 questions

and

2. doesnt the back bumper on the bottom make the GTI it look sorta cheap?.. i wish it didnt have it on there but i will still change it anyways,

--
    Rev- to MFG

#1. Marketing. Rabbits are cute. North America just loves cute. It's still a Golf in Europe. A GTI is a GTI no matter what side of the pond you are on.

#2. It's OK... but for a few bux extra, you can correct it with a factory/aftermarket body kit or some paint.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon
    Quote Originally Posted by Revoluxion
    whutup people

2 questions

and

--
    Rev- to MFG

#1. Marketing. Rabbits are cute. North America just loves cute. It's still a Golf in Europe. A GTI is a GTI no matter what side of the pond you are on.

#2. It's OK... but for a few bux extra, you can correct it with a factory/aftermarket body kit or some paint.

sweeet thanks yeah cuz the back looks sorta wack on a black magic gti, it stands out a little bit but yeah i will definitly change it as soon as i get some money for it... is there a lot of different kits i could use or... how would i go about doing that?

Shaken not stirred...

There a few different kits... the factory kit is the one I like.
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Dubber In Training

i will most def. check it out thanks alot man youve been alot of help... im like a month away from gettin the 08 black GTI

i just dont know what to do

2 door.... 4 door

manual... or DSG thingy (haha)

Mod!

I was looking through my first posts.. and realized I never introduced myself on here.

Hello everyone!

I've been on the forum for 8 months and have benefited a lot from the information on the site.
    I have a 2007 Tornado Red GTI. 8 months and it's still stock.

Quote Originally Posted by pooyaj
    FF
    Hi,

Welcome to MFG Keep the Denvers and get a summer set of tires/wheels in 18s like the Huffs.

Sounds like a plan...well it sounded like a plan, but the dealer threw in 15" steelies for winter driving..so I might just keep the Denvers for non-winter and use the money for AI, Tint and DV
    Now: &#39;98 Intrigue<br /><br />Before:&nbsp; <br />&#39;08 GTI<br />&#39;88 Grand Marquis<br />&#39;87 Accord Couple<br />&#39;85 Golf Diesel<br />&#39;84 Predule

Shaken not stirred...

Double check and make sure the steellies fit before you mount tires on 'em (IIRC the wheels from a Rabbit will not fir on the GTI due to the brakes.)
    ----------
    Hidden Content

Thanks Dragon!

I'll put that on my check list when I pick up the car on Monday.

T-Minus 6 Days, 4 Hours and 21 Minutes.......

Dubber In Training

Well, my name is Brian this is my firt VW ever and I love it. My brother has driven volkswagens and had them forever. I finally took the plunge, couldn't be more delited. I got a 2008 Black GTI and have had other sports cars and none are as fun to drive or perform as this little beauty. I have a question if anyone has an answer? the car is 5 days old and my DLR's don't work. I have been looking around and it seems everyone is trying to turn them off cause it "isn't cool" am I not turning them on? or is there a problem and or should i just leave it alone? any help would be great! hello all and glad to be a VDubr' peace!

Dubber In Training

Went to the dealer yesterday to pick out a GTI . I am either getting a UG or BM with a manual and a body kit and 18" Huffs. I am leaning towards BM. My current car is black and it is just hard to go wrong with it. Probably not going to get it until later this year or early next year but I figured that I would get a head start. Plus they said it could take a while to find one in the trim that I want. Can't wait to get into my fast.

Delivery will not come soon enough.
    ...Semper Fi...
    \Oo) \ _w_ / (oO/

Quote Originally Posted by mkvgti1981
    Went to the dealer yesterday to pick out a GTI . I am either getting a UG or BM with a manual and a body kit and 18" Huffs. I am leaning towards BM. My current car is black and it is just hard to go wrong with it. Probably not going to get it until later this year or early next year but I figured that I would get a head start. Plus they said it could take a while to find one in the trim that I want. Can't wait to get into my fast.
    You might as well go hide under your bed until the dealer calls you. I owned my GTI within 24 hours after my first test drive in one. I'd have gone mad if I had to wait any longer. Luckily they had what I wanted right there.
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

'07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

GTI Master

I have been waiting forever. The reason is that I did not want any options other than the huffs. Apparently, this is not a popular model. The car is about 10 days away, and the dealer told me that it is the only 2008 in Canada that is 3 door, manual, stock with huffs. Isn't that weird?

Double check and make sure the steellies fit before you mount tires on 'em (IIRC the wheels from a Rabbit will not fir on the GTI due to the brakes.)
    Hey Dragon,

You were dead-on. The wheels didn't fit, so I went with the 17's and I'll pop the 750 towards 18s or 19s from www.Raderwerks.com

Dubber In Training

Im new to GTI and MFG Absoultey love the car have a 08 black 2dr. only complaint if there is one to find is bumpy ride but that is to be expected. Also Mods that are quick. and does anyone have any input on the actual break in period before really putting your foot into it? dealer say 2 months 5k miles first service. i have had it 2 wks and have 1039 miles any and all help is appreciated.

Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 61 ... LastLast