Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,040 of 4340

Thread: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Default Re: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI (NEW MEMBERS START HERE)

Howdy, I've had my '02 GTI for two years, but just found this site.
    It was fully modded when I bought it: HPA single turbo kit, HPA's 4-Motion AWD conversion and ECS Tuning's Stage II big brake kit, to name just a few.
    Dynoed at 403 HP...Schnell? Sie! (I'm multi-lingual...not!)

Nick H.
    2002.5 GTI VR6 with light mods Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

hello all im new to the forum.. getting my gti tomorrow.. vr6 24valve.. 02.. was suppose to get it today but the snow stopped us! looking forward to learning a lot from all you V-dub experts.. i do own a golf gl.. 202,000 miles. still runs good so im loyal to VW..

Dubber In Training

Okay, so I have posted on this thread before. Sadly however, the car I posted that I was planning on buying, well lets just say the stealership would NOT work with me at all. Oh well, their loss, anyways, I have another one in my sights... http://worldautocertified.com/vehicl...GTI-Wolfsburg/

I talked the dealer down to 22,500 just over the phone, but am planning on just offering 22k cash if the test drive works out. Does that seem like a fair price? The car was a corporate fleet car in its prior life...

I REALLY want one of these cars. Like REAAAAAALLLLY want one. But obviously I cannot justify spending more than is needed to get it into my driveway. I have never had to deal with such stingy salesmen before. i have been a Ford truck guy for the past few years, (whole life really) and have never had a problem talking down a salesman to something we could both agree on. These VW dealerships around here however are just crazy. Almost like they are too good for me. Hell, the last car I wanted, I brought my truck to them to see if we could do a trade in. Guy offered me $9k... $9K!! however the ford dealership was willing to give me $19k when I was going to trade it in on a diesel truck. I was appaled! He refused to come down on his cars price and REFUSED to budge on my trade in. Needless to say, I won't be going back there.

OK, so sorry for that, I just needed to vent for a few. Back to the topic at hand. Should I just offer them the $22k for the above car, or try and go a little lower? Also, a big one for me is what to look for. I am very mechanically inclined and have been reading a bunch of GTI forums and there doesn't seem to be a lot to look for as far as common problems with 2013's. Can anybody chime in on this?

Thanks ahead of time!

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbc View Post
    Okay, so I have posted on this thread before. Sadly however, the car I posted that I was planning on buying, well lets just say the stealership would NOT work with me at all. Oh well, their loss, anyways, I have another one in my sights... http://worldautocertified.com/vehicl...GTI-Wolfsburg/

I talked the dealer down to 22,500 just over the phone, but am planning on just offering 22k cash if the test drive works out. Does that seem like a fair price? The car was a corporate fleet car in its prior life...

I REALLY want one of these cars. Like REAAAAAALLLLY want one. But obviously I cannot justify spending more than is needed to get it into my driveway. I have never had to deal with such stingy salesmen before. i have been a Ford truck guy for the past few years, (whole life really) and have never had a problem talking down a salesman to something we could both agree on. These VW dealerships around here however are just crazy. Almost like they are too good for me. Hell, the last car I wanted, I brought my truck to them to see if we could do a trade in. Guy offered me $9k... $9K!! however the ford dealership was willing to give me $19k when I was going to trade it in on a diesel truck. I was appaled! He refused to come down on his cars price and REFUSED to budge on my trade in. Needless to say, I won't be going back there.

OK, so sorry for that, I just needed to vent for a few. Back to the topic at hand. Should I just offer them the $22k for the above car, or try and go a little lower? Also, a big one for me is what to look for. I am very mechanically inclined and have been reading a bunch of GTI forums and there doesn't seem to be a lot to look for as far as common problems with 2013's. Can anybody chime in on this?

Thanks ahead of time!
    Sorry it didn't work out with that other GTI! Looks good to me, I might even try for $21.5K. As for common problems, there aren't too many with the TSI. Sometimes the cold does funny things to our cars but thats about it! Good luck!
    Cullin Kin (Hidden Content )
    2013 Volkswagen GTI Drivers Edition
    6-Speed Manual CSG Full Tintz Yo! 16%
    Twitter and YouTube - @CullinKin

Dubber In Training

I got my GTI today. The one i posted above. SO MUCH FUN!!!

New Dub Cub

I just bought my first VW which happens to be a 2014 GTI DSG 4Door. I traded in my 2006 Honda Civic Si and I'm much happier with this new car. I apologize in advance that I'm 34 and I've NEVER used a Forum before so if anyone wants to be a mentor I would appreciate it. I live about an hour away from APR in Alabama and plan on visiting them in the coming months.

New Dub Cub

2014 DSG Driver's Edition here. (Gray) Got it just before Thanksgiving last year. I'll do my best to scour the forums before I ask the one question that made me join.

Hey Guys! 09 Mk5 GTI 6speed owner Holla!

Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    2014 DSG Driver's Edition here. (Gray) Got it just before Thanksgiving last year. I'll do my best to scour the forums before I ask the one question that made me join.
    Quote Originally Posted by getposition1 View Post
    Hey Guys! 09 Mk5 GTI 6speed owner Holla!
    Welkommen!

Older member just now getting back on here. Had an '01 vr6 that I just traded up for a '14 GTI Wolfsburg. Consider this my hello to the forum as I never did it years ago when I actually joined. Glad to be back!
    Future ride: after current '14 lease is up.. Golf R here I come!
    Current ride: 2014 MKVI GTI -Wolfsburg, DSG, Carbon Steel, stock...for now Hidden Content
    Last car: 2001 MKIV GTI VR6 - Traded in for current ride.
    First car: 1983 Porsche 944

Hello,

My Name is Elliot and I just got a red 2009 MKV 2 door GTI!!! with only 35000km on it and I get to drive a winding mountain road once a week for work in it.

Plans for the car, well I only get to keep it for 3-4 years for tax reasons but some Lenso type m wheels will be the next big purchase.

Can anyone tell me is there a thread specific to 9w2 Bluetooth kit? Just ordered one from Ebay.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by dom42tr View Post
    Older member just now getting back on here. Had an '01 vr6 that I just traded up for a '14 GTI Wolfsburg. Consider this my hello to the forum as I never did it years ago when I actually joined. Glad to be back!
    Welcome dood! I'll be joining you with the eventual R upgrade in the future as well!

Cullin, 303 is out in cali right? if it is...you better save an R for me. should be fine since the lease im in just started and wont be done until early 2017. anyway...im beyond excited for the new R...
    Future ride: after current '14 lease is up.. Golf R here I come!
    Current ride: 2014 MKVI GTI -Wolfsburg, DSG, Carbon Steel, stock...for now Hidden Content
    Last car: 2001 MKIV GTI VR6 - Traded in for current ride.
    First car: 1983 Porsche 944

Quote Originally Posted by dom42tr View Post
    Cullin, 303 is out in cali right? if it is...you better save an R for me. should be fine since the lease im in just started and wont be done until early 2017. anyway...im beyond excited for the new R...
    303 is in Colorado. I'll save one for ya out here if you're willing to make the trip! lol

Default Re: Introduce Yourself to My Fast GTI INTRODUCTION

Hey all.

Just go a 2007 VW GTI last week on a whim. Has only 37k on the clock.
    Didn’t do any investigating, just picked it up. So far it is fun as hell.
    Had a CooperS that got totaled and needed a car fast.
    I need to do the standard upgrades and servicing.
    So far so good, I hope it stays like this.

jc

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Hey all.

Just go a 2007 VW GTI last week on a whim. Didn’t do any investigating, just picked it up.
    I like your style.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by xcrazydx Hidden Content
    I wouldn't trust them to install a burrito into a paper bag.
    Instagram: @swervin_VI

Quote Originally Posted by Si2GTI View Post
    I just bought my first VW which happens to be a 2014 GTI DSG 4Door. I traded in my 2006 Honda Civic Si and I'm much happier with this new car. I apologize in advance that I'm 34 and I've NEVER used a Forum before so if anyone wants to be a mentor I would appreciate it. I live about an hour away from APR in Alabama and plan on visiting them in the coming months.
    I am with you man I didn't join a forum until I was 32 (less than a year ago) and I'd had my GTI for 3 years already. I am very interested to know how you feel about the DSG, and if the 2014s are still clunky in the lower gears/coming from a stop. Also, I'm sure you'll hear "APR isn't as aggressive as Unitronic/GIAC, etc", and I'm sure those give you more power, but I like the option of setting the tune back to stock myself, or going up to 93 or 100 octane when I can find it. Either way you go, you'll love the result, and for the money, it is the most significant upgrade.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Teach Hidden Content
    How heavy is mom?

2010 DSG GTI SOLD, Denver's for sale!!

Hey guys I'm new here and looking for some advice. I had an Imola yellow 1998 driver's edition VR6 back in the day and loved my little clown car. Now many years later I am finally in a position to get another GTI. I am hopeful to gain some insight on the newer GTI's and make an informed decision on which one will be the best match to my 98 but newer in year. Happy to be here

Quote Originally Posted by summiz View Post
    I am with you man I didn't join a forum until I was 32 (less than a year ago) and I'd had my GTI for 3 years already. I am very interested to know how you feel about the DSG, and if the 2014s are still clunky in the lower gears/coming from a stop. Also, I'm sure you'll hear "APR isn't as aggressive as Unitronic/GIAC, etc", and I'm sure those give you more power, but I like the option of setting the tune back to stock myself, or going up to 93 or 100 octane when I can find it. Either way you go, you'll love the result, and for the money, it is the most significant upgrade.
    Being able to switch modes isn't an Apr thing. Apr tune switching isn't as good as giacs, that I know.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by volcano Hidden Content
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    Being able to switch modes isn't an Apr thing. Apr tune switching isn't as good as giacs, that I know.
    I stand corrected.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Teach Hidden Content
    How heavy is mom?

2010 DSG GTI SOLD, Denver's for sale!!

Hello Ladies and Gents!

Just purchased a White 2011 GTI 4-door 6 speed manual.

It currently has 55k on it.

I tinted the windows and also by browsing the forum I purchased the APR Racing Stage II Carbonio Carbon Fiber cold air intake on it. Also did a Revo Stage I tune.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their experiences with this vehicle as it is all new to me!

New Dub Cub

Hey all,
    Just got my first ever GTI yesterday. 2014 Drivers Edition in Carbon Steel.
    It's raining pretty solidly here in LA but the GTI sticks like glue to the road.
    This is the most fun car I have driven since I had a Z4 a few years ago!

Quote Originally Posted by matstclair View Post
    Hello Ladies and Gents!

Just purchased a White 2011 GTI 4-door 6 speed manual.

It currently has 55k on it.

I tinted the windows and also by browsing the forum I purchased the APR Racing Stage II Carbonio Carbon Fiber cold air intake on it. Also did a Revo Stage I tune.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone and their experiences with this vehicle as it is all new to me!
    Quote Originally Posted by throb View Post
    Hey all,
    Just got my first ever GTI yesterday. 2014 Drivers Edition in Carbon Steel.
    It's raining pretty solidly here in LA but the GTI sticks like glue to the road.
    This is the most fun car I have driven since I had a Z4 a few years ago!
    Welkommen to the forum dood bro's! Enjoi.

Dubber In Training

Do you mean "solely" APR thing? What makes it less good? I thought APRs biggest sellpoint over giac etc. is that their switching via cruise control is way easier than having to switch via cable. Or am I brilliantly mistaken?
    Thanks--

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix.blue View Post
    Do you mean "solely" APR thing? What makes it less good? I thought APRs biggest sellpoint over giac etc. is that their switching via cruise control is way easier than having to switch via cable. Or am I brilliantly mistaken?
    Thanks--
    Yes, that's true you can switch via cruise control, but really, how often do you need to switch from stock, to pump, to race, to valet while you're driving? You can do that with GIAC's flashloader on the fly as well, just not as quickly as the cruise control.

Thanks--
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957 View Post
    Yes, that's true you can switch via cruise control, but really, how often do you need to switch from stock, to pump, to race, to valet while you're driving? You can do that with GIAC's flashloader on the fly as well, just not as quickly as the cruise control.
    Apr doesn't switch on the fly, giac does.
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Bang bang tang!!

New Dub Cub

I just signed in. I just leased a black 2014 GTI wolfsburg edition. I love the car. My previous car was a 2011 Audi A3 Quattro and this GTI is much more fun...

DAS IST MEIN FAST

Welcome everyone.

sent from my phone bytchs
    Hidden Content 2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

Quote Originally Posted by rgrobman View Post
    I just signed in. I just leased a black 2014 GTI wolfsburg edition. I love the car. My previous car was a 2011 Audi A3 Quattro and this GTI is much more fun...
    Welcome budday! Enjoii!

New Dub Cub

Thanks--
    I heard from my VW dealer that APR was the mod that VW uses when it races cars. This (for me!) is the biggest sellpoint as VW would have tried all of them and picked a stable but very usable tune. Anyone else hear this?

With 500 miles on my car total, I am not going to tune it yet of course but it will happen

I heard from my VW dealer that APR was the mod that VW uses when it races cars. This (for me!) is the biggest sellpoint as VW would have tried all of them and picked a stable but very usable tune. Anyone else hear this?

With 500 miles on my car total, I am not going to tune it yet of course but it will happen
    What a joke
    Bang bang tang!!

VW is the mod APR uses when it races it's cars.
    Suzuki GSXR 600 Build/Mod Thread:

Hidden Content

APR is the mod APR uses when it races cars.

APR doesn't sell the files that they use on their race cars.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957 View Post
    APR is the mod APR uses when it races cars.

APR doesn't sell the files that they use on their race cars.
    I was actually talking about that one day on FB in a local club. They happen to all love APR. One of them works for the company and he swears that even their record setting cars are off the shelf tunes. I pretty much just called him a liar and kept it moving.
    Suzuki GSXR 600 Build/Mod Thread:

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Coltello View Post
    I was actually talking about that one day on FB in a local club. They happen to all love APR. One of them works for the company and he swears that even their record setting cars are off the shelf tunes. I pretty much just called him a liar and kept it moving.
    Right...I was reading a thread on golfmk6 with impressive APR dyno numbers from a beta tune. Everyone wanted to know when they could buy it...crickets.

New Dub Cub

What a joke
    Can you elaborate on this?

New Dub Cub

Hey guys, just another gti newbie. I have a 2003 1.8t awp, 80,000 miles, looking for any help with mods, maintenance, whatever's great. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting some advice that hopefully can keep my gti running good for a while. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by sqp97 View Post
    Hey guys, just another gti newbie. I have a 2003 1.8t awp, 80,000 miles, looking for any help with mods, maintenance, whatever's great. Looking forward to getting to know everyone and getting some advice that hopefully can keep my gti running good for a while. Thanks!
    welcome! post pics of the ride! I would start by reading the MKIV stickies, there is a decent mod guide in there to get you started

Hey, I have an '06 GTI MKV and I am interested in getting some mods. I have a Neuspeed intake, coilovers, a Eurojet Diverter Relocation Kit, and a rear sway bar. I am trying to make up my mind what to get next. Its between a catback, a 42DD oil catch can, or an APR stage 1 ECU upgrade. I've heard an oil catch can is really good for my car, but ECU flash sounds so amazingly fun...if anyone has any advice as to what would be the best to do first or just has some knowledge to share I'd love to hear it! Thanks!
    Last edited by SmsGti; 03-19-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Hi everyone,
    I have an '09 Black Gti. This is my first vehicle (I'm 17) and I feel extremely fortunate to have it. So far I have only done some plastidip colors on my wheels (due to lack of funds) but soon I hope to get an APR upgrade for my ecu and eventually progress to a a 3" downpipe and other mods. I really love this forum and want to thank everyone for the awesome threads, I've really learned a lot so far.

Page 101 of 109 FirstFirst ... 51 91 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 ... LastLast