High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 53

Thread: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

  1. #1
    Dubster moniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, CANADA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    163

    Default High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Just wondering since the MKV GTI has been around since 2006, who's MKV GTI has the highest mileage and how has the car behaved up until your mileage. Performance, reliabilty, problems, etc.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    GTI Master TwinTurboBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,275

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    26k, and its like it only has 26 miles. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by slippednfelled View Post
    basically dont ever battle with TTB or Dlight, you will not win...... ever. its a rule.

    I know its off topic but its great advice.

  4. #3
    Mod!
    kryptonkid07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    26
    Posts
    3,420

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    i'm going on 31,000. i've had my car since February of 2007, so 2 years now.

    it's been good to me. had a minor suspension problem that was my own ignorant fault for taking it to someone who didn't know what they were doing. But I am now good.

  5. #4
    Brings The Ruckus D.Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    407
    Posts
    6,852

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    One BILLION miles
    VTAkkiiiin

  6. #5
    Jedi Dubber latintiger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Age
    34
    Posts
    295

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    i'm coming up on 41k and i've pretty much had it since oct. of '07.
    Have not had any kinds of problems whatsoever.

  7. #6
    Banned User
    Teh Chr!s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Prince George, VA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,966

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Ive Got 40004 Miles As Of This Morning When I Got To Work ..... Did My 40k Oil Change Last Nite

    Ive Had My Baby Since It Had 3 Miles On It Way Back In July Of 07 When I Drove It Off The Lot
    Last edited by Teh Chr!s; 02-18-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

  8. #7
    Dubster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    31K since July of '07

    dreading that 40K DSG service
    KLR RABT: '07 UG GTI 4 dr Pkg 1, 18" Huffs w/ Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, Hoen Xenonmatch, ECS motor mount, K&N Intake, resonator delete, LED interior Lights, Alpine Tymphony LAT Sub

  9. #8

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Bought mine when it had about 37,000. Now it has 42,000 and so far there have been some problems like the oil filter housing leak, and some TSB's had to been taken care of. Even with these problems I have not regret the purchase once!

    My "FAST" wishlist: APR Stage 1 93, Koni Coilovers, EVOMS CAI, Autotech 3" cat-back, Forge DV.

  10. #9
    Jedi Dubber thedudes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Age
    29
    Posts
    446

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    38,136 got my baby july of 07.... still running great
    Stage2 APR, DP, K&N Cold air intake, cut engine cover, upgraded OEM DV, BSH PCV stage one, Forge short shifter, New South boost gauge, custume sub box with fast embrodered, LED red lights on floor.

  11. #10
    Dubster moniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, CANADA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by lumpypumpkin View Post
    31K since July of '07

    dreading that 40K DSG service

    What's to dread? Isn't it just an drain a replace fluid? Should be no more than $100, no? I know it's not like other trannys in that VW absolutely insists that it MUST be done to prevent any problems in the future. I'm due this year too.

    Oh, and I guess I should have included my mileage since I started the thread(D'oh!) I'm at 37000km, had mine since July '07.

  12. #11
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls.
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    44,444 last night....lol.

    and I have to drive to Florida in 3 weeks.

    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    intake- my grandmother can install in 30 minutes

  13. #12
    GTI Master WaZzAp1101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Franklin Square, NY
    Age
    25
    Posts
    777

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I got 12K miles now, fells exactly like 11K
    2007 VW MKV GTi 2.0T DSG: New South + Garrett 30psi Boost Gauge, BMP Eyelids, 8000K HID headlights, 8000K HID fogs, APR Stage 3

    *I have a VAG-COM

    http://mikesmkvgti.blogspot.com/

  14. #13
    Jedi Dubber dataton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH USA
    Posts
    375

    Exclamation Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by moniz View Post
    Just wondering since the MKV GTI has been around since 2006, who's MKV GTI has the highest mileage and how has the car behaved up until your mileage. Performance, reliabilty, problems, etc.
    On Saturday, my car will reach its second year since delivered new.
    72,000+ miles (116,000 km)
    Too many airbag lights (both seats have had the TSB performed and it still returns, so now they are asking me for $700 for a new airbag in the drivers seat.
    2012 a6g Golf R, 2008 b6 Passat v6 4-motion - sold 2006 US a5g GTi (230,000 mi / 7 yrs)

  15. #14
    Banned User
    Teh Chr!s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Prince George, VA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,966

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by dataton View Post
    On Saturday, my car will reach its second year since delivered new.
    72,000+ miles (116,000 km)
    Too many airbag lights (both seats have had the TSB performed and it still returns, so now they are asking me for $700 for a new airbag in the drivers seat.

    Wow .... U Drive The Shyt Outa That Thing .... Tell The Dealer To Go To Hell Man .... Just Disable The Airbag And Get Someone With A Vagcom To Delete The Code .
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

  16. #15
    Jedi Dubber dataton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH USA
    Posts
    375

    Unhappy Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by Teh Chr!s View Post
    Wow .... U Drive The Shyt Outa That Thing .... Tell The Dealer To Go To Hell Man .... Just Disable The Airbag And Get Someone With A Vagcom To Delete The Code .
    I own a VAG-COM cand can clear the code.
    Comes right back ...
    2012 a6g Golf R, 2008 b6 Passat v6 4-motion - sold 2006 US a5g GTi (230,000 mi / 7 yrs)

  17. #16
    VDubber payam69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    encino, ca
    Posts
    72

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    got my 09 gti with 13 miles on it on nov 26... its feb 18 i broke in 6000 miles today.... ouch?

  18. #17
    Banned User
    Teh Chr!s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Prince George, VA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,966

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by dataton View Post
    I own a VAG-COM cand can clear the code.
    Comes right back ...

    Which Be Why I Said Disable Them As In Unplug Them And Then Use The Vag To Uncheck The Airbags And Make The ECU Think Ur Car Dosent Have Them ..... Not Just Clear The DTC
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

  19. #18
    Banned User
    Teh Chr!s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Prince George, VA
    Age
    28
    Posts
    9,966

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Anyways Back On Topic B4 Masah-Krypon Yells @ Us
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

  20. #19
    mmm...beer zeonic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Moving about in WA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,815

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    got almost 23k on mine now. bough used with only 7k back on 08/25/07. blown pcv, failed coil packs, rattling center dash vent, just the normal issues so far


  21. #20
    Dubster Fat Chris's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Age
    33
    Posts
    146

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I thought I was going to take it with 62K+ since Oct. 2006, but in the 70's??
    Neuspeed P-Flo Intake~Resonator Deleted~3" down pipe w/ cat delete~Open Fogs~ Euro front lip~Stock Engine Cover Chop~NGK Iridiums~
    Check out my MKV !!!!

  22. #21
    GTI Master TwinTurboBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,275

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by 06blkmagicGTI View Post
    44,444 last night....lol.

    and I have to drive to Florida in 3 weeks.

    Damn you have a looooooonnnggggg ways to go..But hey pop in some good music and get some snacks and you will be fine in the Dub. I actually wanna take my dub for a road trip. Of all the cars I have ever been in, I honestly can say that it is one of the best road trip cars (when your not packing to much). Lets see Niagra falls to me is about 7 hours ish, then another 20 ish hours to Florida..mmmm make sure you drink a lot of coffee. Good luck!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by slippednfelled View Post
    basically dont ever battle with TTB or Dlight, you will not win...... ever. its a rule.

    I know its off topic but its great advice.

  23. #22
    Dubster moniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, CANADA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboBoost View Post
    Damn you have a looooooonnnggggg ways to go..But hey pop in some good music and get some snacks and you will be fine in the Dub. I actually wanna take my dub for a road trip. Of all the cars I have ever been in, I honestly can say that it is one of the best road trip cars (when your not packing to much). Lets see Niagra falls to me is about 7 hours ish, then another 20 ish hours to Florida..mmmm make sure you drink a lot of coffee. Good luck!!!

    Ha, Niagara Falls isn't much of a road trip for me, I down the highway about 30 minutes.

  24. #23
    GTI Master TwinTurboBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,275

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    hah yea. I remember last time I came from Buff. I swear I did not see one trooper. My friend had his 4g63 mirage and I had my jetta. He made it home in about 4.5 hours. I took 6. When we got to his house his motor gave up on him.
    Quote Originally Posted by slippednfelled View Post
    basically dont ever battle with TTB or Dlight, you will not win...... ever. its a rule.

    I know its off topic but its great advice.

  25. #24

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by dataton View Post
    On Saturday, my car will reach its second year since delivered new.
    72,000+ miles (116,000 km)
    Too many airbag lights (both seats have had the TSB performed and it still returns, so now they are asking me for $700 for a new airbag in the drivers seat.
    I've had 4 different airbag faults. 2 bags replaced completely (Steering wheel & Driver seat). All covered under warranty. The dealer SHOULD NOT be charging you.

    37,700 since March 2006 (one of the first in SoCal )
    Last edited by shuke; 02-19-2009 at 01:33 PM.

  26. #25
    Spaminator numero uno 07GTIMYFAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Marietta/Hiawassee Ga
    Posts
    8,970

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    43k since june 06 bout to take a road trip to Pa for spring break.
    My air conditioner exploded somewhere around 20k
    Dealer had to replace timing belt and tensioner at 40k service!! after a year of telling them my belts where sqeeking at cold start.
    Airbag light only happened once and they fixed it
    tpms sensor broke off when I was putting air in my tire lol dealer replaced under warranty.
    bunch of tsb's and that fuel line rattle took them 3 times to fix.
    random CEL that used to come on and go off I guess the dealer fixed it
    the dealer left one of my lug bolts off when they rotated my tires at 40k service, I got home (120 miles) and was like WTF...

    Done venting now

  27. #26
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls.
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboBoost View Post
    Damn you have a looooooonnnggggg ways to go..But hey pop in some good music and get some snacks and you will be fine in the Dub. I actually wanna take my dub for a road trip. Of all the cars I have ever been in, I honestly can say that it is one of the best road trip cars (when your not packing to much). Lets see Niagra falls to me is about 7 hours ish, then another 20 ish hours to Florida..mmmm make sure you drink a lot of coffee. Good luck!!!
    21 hours from my door to where I'll be living down there. I got a friend who is gonna take the trip and fly back. Should be a fun drive.

    Quote Originally Posted by moniz View Post
    Ha, Niagara Falls isn't much of a road trip for me, I down the highway about 30 minutes.
    I live like 20 minutes from clifton hill. I'll be there tomorrow

    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    intake- my grandmother can install in 30 minutes

  28. #27
    Dubster moniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, CANADA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    43k since june 06 bout to take a road trip to Pa for spring break.
    My air conditioner exploded somewhere around 20k
    Dealer had to replace timing belt and tensioner at 40k service!! after a year of telling them my belts where sqeeking at cold start.
    Airbag light only happened once and they fixed it
    tpms sensor broke off when I was putting air in my tire lol dealer replaced under warranty.
    bunch of tsb's and that fuel line rattle took them 3 times to fix.
    random CEL that used to come on and go off I guess the dealer fixed it
    the dealer left one of my lug bolts off when they rotated my tires at 40k service, I got home (120 miles) and was like WTF...

    Done venting now
    They forgot a lug nut?! I don't let anyone rotate my tires anymore. I have winter wheels anyway, so I end up rotating my tire just by my summer/winter switch up in spring/fall.

  29. #28
    Dubster
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by moniz View Post
    What's to dread? Isn't it just an drain a replace fluid? Should be no more than $100, no? I know it's not like other trannys in that VW absolutely insists that it MUST be done to prevent any problems in the future. I'm due this year too.
    I was quoted by my dealer $400 to service the DSG at 40k

    The fluid, gaskets, and filter alone are $150
    Last edited by lumpypumpkin; 02-24-2009 at 01:34 PM.
    KLR RABT: '07 UG GTI 4 dr Pkg 1, 18" Huffs w/ Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics, Hoen Xenonmatch, ECS motor mount, K&N Intake, resonator delete, LED interior Lights, Alpine Tymphony LAT Sub

  30. #29
    GTI Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Niagara Falls.
    Posts
    1,716

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    If your transmission ****s the bed it all gets replaced under warranty lol

    Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    intake- my grandmother can install in 30 minutes

  31. #30
    Fahrenheit GTI Owner banditscout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Age
    29
    Posts
    1,535

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Dude, that's not bad. My dealer quoted me $523 for my 40k service!! My timing belt is also squeaking, grrrr....I love my dub, but I think this'll be the last one I buy. oh
    35k, owner since oct 07

    PS, this is my second, count it, second MkV

    GIAC X-Chip, Neuspeed P-Flo SRI, Eurojet PCV Fix, New South Performance Column Mounted Boost Gauge, AS OF TODAY- GIAC DSG REFLASH (AMAZING!!)*

  32. #31
    VDubber danielg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I've got 97K on my '07 Can't complain too much really. I have had it in 4 or 5 times now for the Mass Airflow Sensor, which tells me something isn't right. This being my first VW, I've learned that VW service is an absolute joke and will think long and hard before ever purchasing another one for that reason.

  33. #32
    GTI Master TwinTurboBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,275

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Maybe try another dealer.

  34. #33
    VDubber danielg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboBoost View Post
    Maybe try another dealer.
    I've tried 3 dealers in 3 different cities. The one I use now is descent. Nice guys and good work for the most part, but still I just feel like VW service screws me for every extra dollar they can. I've owned 4 Dodges/Jeeps/Chryslers from my local dealer prior to this VW, which is all I have to compare to. I hate to say it, because I want to love everything about my GTI, BUT I have to be honest in that CDJ service was FAR better. They went out of their way to make me feel like a king everytime I was in there. They'd make every effort to avoid silly charges (VW charges me $2 to fill my wiper fluid). Heck, CDJ would give me a loaner car when I was in for a routine oil change! VW consistently makes me feel like I'm an inconvenience to them when I'm there...even when I'm handing over my credit card, they act like it's hard work to swipe it. It seems like they change employees every month. I don't know what it is. I love everything else about being a first time VW and more importantly a GTI owner, but the service just really leaves a bad taste unfortunately.

  35. #34
    Dubster moniz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hamilton, ON, CANADA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    163

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by danielg View Post
    I've tried 3 dealers in 3 different cities. The one I use now is descent. Nice guys and good work for the most part, but still I just feel like VW service screws me for every extra dollar they can. I've owned 4 Dodges/Jeeps/Chryslers from my local dealer prior to this VW, which is all I have to compare to. I hate to say it, because I want to love everything about my GTI, BUT I have to be honest in that CDJ service was FAR better. They went out of their way to make me feel like a king everytime I was in there. They'd make every effort to avoid silly charges (VW charges me $2 to fill my wiper fluid). Heck, CDJ would give me a loaner car when I was in for a routine oil change! VW consistently makes me feel like I'm an inconvenience to them when I'm there...even when I'm handing over my credit card, they act like it's hard work to swipe it. It seems like they change employees every month. I don't know what it is. I love everything else about being a first time VW and more importantly a GTI owner, but the service just really leaves a bad taste unfortunately.
    I know what you mean. I'm actually scouting out a couple local independent mechanic shops that specialize in VW's once I'm out from under warranty. I figure they will appreciate my business more since these shops tend to depend on a core amount of customers to survive.

  36. #35
    Dubber In Training GTIofDOOM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Great Lakes, IL.
    Age
    30
    Posts
    16

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I bought a used 06' GTI with 47K i have had the 50K work up. regular oil changes and alot of VW sevice time. i curently have 62K on it and have some regular goofy problems. i got the extended warranty which has saved my walolet thousands!!! i still love my car but it's a love hate relationship definantly. i keep having a headlight problem too. the light stick pointing to the ground and randomly pop up while im driving. so i dont know....

  37. #36
    VDubber EuroMadchen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Fairfield, CT
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I have an 08 that I bought in September 07, and I have 30,000 on it. No issues thus far
    Euro-Mδdchen
    Translation: Euro Girl

  38. #37

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    I will hit 19,000 miles by the end of next week. I bought it in Aug 08 with 129 miles on the odometer. No problems other than having to put tires on it.
    Black 08 GTI 6 speed 16k miles

  39. #38
    GTI Master TwinTurboBoost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,275

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    You have to put tires already? What kind of driving are you doing? You running the conti pros?
    Quote Originally Posted by slippednfelled View Post
    basically dont ever battle with TTB or Dlight, you will not win...... ever. its a rule.

    I know its off topic but its great advice.

  40. #39
    Dubber In Training Silver Bullet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Barstow CA
    Age
    31
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    45000 on an 07 I bought in aug of 06. 4 ignition coils, a fuel pump, and two fuel pressure regulators, all at different times. It got returned to the dealer and crushed for all I care, and now have a 08 with 8000 miles and no problems. Getting another VW took alot of faith. but I love driving my a** off.
    My right foot keeps me happy!!!

  41. #40
    Spaminator numero uno 07GTIMYFAST's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Marietta/Hiawassee Ga
    Posts
    8,970

    Default Re: High Mileage MKV's-Who's Got The Most Miles So Far?

    Quote Originally Posted by TwinTurboBoost View Post
    You have to put tires already? What kind of driving are you doing? You running the conti pros?
    lol my tires were BALD at 19k too, They were the stock sport trac conti 2s I think. Alot of that driving was spirited driving on the mountains around my house but still.. replaced with Kumho Ecsta ASX they have 23k on them now and are only about half worn, But the conti's were a bit stickier.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. MKV GTI Gas Mileage Discussion
    By clavos in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 04-13-2009, 05:07 AM
  2. gas mileage on an 04 r32?
    By justGTI in forum R32
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-29-2008, 01:04 AM
  3. Throw them up!!!!!! MKv's
    By TwinTurboBoost in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
  4. Gas Mileage Stock Vs Mod(s)
    By Gunny in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 08:09 AM
  5. Are all MKV's equal?
    By quick07 in forum MKV GTI
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-28-2007, 08:18 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts