how much $ for a clutch install???
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how much $ for a clutch install???

Default how much $ for a clutch install???

well ive had my gti now for about 6months or so and since ive bought the car ive been dreading this day cuz i knew i probably needed a clutch the day i brought it home...but i kinda got the itch for more hp as u can tell in my signature..lol...and i was gonna buy a chip or a fmic but i cant even put the power i have now 2 the ground.

....so does anyone know about how much im gonna have 2 fork out 2 get one installed?
    '03 GTI 1.8T - Custom Stg2 Software - Fujita F5 Short Ram Intake-Max PSI 3'In Turboback w/Borla XR1 swap-ECS N75 Valve-Neuspeed T.I.P.-HKS SSQV BOV and Neuspeed L.I.P- Eurojet 5pc Boost Hose Kit-ECS Stg1 Clutch w/14lb flywheel - VF Engineering Motor and Trans Mounts - ECS Dogbone Mount - ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley - NSP Intake Power Gasket - Forge Splitter
    Black Emblems-Black 17' LongBeachers-Eibach Springs-Smoked Corners-Momo Gotham knob-Momo Profile boot-42DD pod w/AM C2 boost guage

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: how much $ for a clutch install???

search there a few thread about this

REVIEW STAFF

2 grand to have a dealer do it
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by Thalo View Post
    Can't get your loose stick into top gear, eh?

searched a few forums and it seems an avg price should be around $550....i live about 20mins away from NGP racing i mite take it 2 them but ive heard they are a lil high ....but im sure it would be good work

...2 grand...what a bunch of dushebags!
    '03 GTI 1.8T - Custom Stg2 Software - Fujita F5 Short Ram Intake-Max PSI 3'In Turboback w/Borla XR1 swap-ECS N75 Valve-Neuspeed T.I.P.-HKS SSQV BOV and Neuspeed L.I.P- Eurojet 5pc Boost Hose Kit-ECS Stg1 Clutch w/14lb flywheel - VF Engineering Motor and Trans Mounts - ECS Dogbone Mount - ECS Lightweight Crank Pulley - NSP Intake Power Gasket - Forge Splitter
    Black Emblems-Black 17' LongBeachers-Eibach Springs-Smoked Corners-Momo Gotham knob-Momo Profile boot-42DD pod w/AM C2 boost guage

REVIEW STAFF

2 grand, got it done in a few hours and included everything... think it was like 2018$ after tax...
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

i just didnt think it would be that much money....i think im looking at about $900-$950 total

Go to a local shop not the dealer, boosted had his done "impossibly" quick for the dealership
    VTAkkiiiin

Quote Originally Posted by dlight88 View Post
    Go to a local shop not the dealer, boosted had his done "impossibly" quick for the dealership

got mine done almost as quick and did it myself its not hard at all if you have a lift. doing transmissions on the ground is hard work.

i had an POS Elantra one time that i put in 3 tranny on the floor none of them really worked and the last one that i put in hit hard as a mother f. ended up play demolition derby with a friend.

shop should ask maybe around $550 like u said to put it on and about $3** for a stage 1 clutch with lighten flywheel
    Last edited by volcano; 09-08-2008 at 01:28 AM.

REVIEW STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    got mine done almost as quick and did it myself its not hard at all if you have a lift. doing transmissions on the ground is hard work.

i had an POS Elantra one time that i put in 3 tranny on the floor none of them really worked and the last one that i put in hit hard as a mother f. ended up play demolition derby with a friend.

shop should ask maybe around $550 like u said to put it on and about $3** for a stage 1 clutch with lighten flywheel
    Did yours take 3 hours? From the time the tranny was off, all shattered clutch material was removed, and the new clutch was on, tranny back on and it got picked up (in your case not picked up, but you get the point)

I can change the clutch in my rx7, without a lift, in about an hour and a half, tops...

Reason I didn't change the clutch in the GTi was that I had no lift, no 2 ton jack, nothing... Now adays I have everything... Minus the lift, I'll have that when I open my business
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by boostedJTi View Post
    Did yours take 3 hours? From the time the tranny was off, all shattered clutch material was removed, and the new clutch was on, tranny back on and it got picked up (in your case not picked up, but you get the point)

I can change the clutch in my rx7, without a lift, in about an hour and a half, tops...

Reason I didn't change the clutch in the GTi was that I had no lift, no 2 ton jack, nothing... Now adays I have everything... Minus the lift, I'll have that when I open my business
    no i did not do it in 3 hours it was more like 6 hours. being the first time i ever touched a vw to do some work on it i wanted to take my time n make sure everything was fine. plus the guys in the dealership would have done there fair share of clutch changes since the start of the mkiv.

when do you plan to get your business? i want to do the same. wanted to buy my father in-laws shop a few months ago but im still in school n dont got time to start a business.

REVIEW STAFF

within a few years, pretty much once I graduate, tho I don't need the business education... But it never hurts...

The 3 hour swap is exactly why I paid the dealer to do it
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by boostedJTi View Post
    within a few years, pretty much once I graduate, tho I don't need the business education... But it never hurts...

The 3 hour swap is exactly why I paid the dealer to do it
    yea got to graduate. thats what im waitin for. have a few things on hold until i graduate.

the 3 hours swap that really good, 2k spent is what would have killed me lol

REVIEW STAFF

Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    the 3 hours swap that really good, 2k spent is what would have killed me lol

oh trust me, I'm still paying for it...
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

+ Reply to Thread