sputtering, jerking misfiring?
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

Thread: sputtering, jerking misfiring?

Question sputtering, jerking misfiring?

well at around 12k my 2007 gti was making loud radiator noise, got the small fan replaced under warranty, now at around 13.5k my car started to sputter, and jerking a bit like is going to stall, feels like is misfiring or something then after a few minutes goes back to idling ok, it has happen a few times now, does anybody has had this symptom with your gti? i was expecting a check engine light after a few times but i have nothing, i put premium gas usually shell, can anybody give advise?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: sputtering, jerking misfiring?

check your coil packs. they cause those types of symptoms. better yet, have the dealer replace them for ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Pillallo
    Sputterin, jerking, Misfiring.
    Sounds like me on a tuesday night, bud-um-ch
    No seriosly Zeonic is probably right our coilpacks suck, and those symptoms sound like they're being caused by a faulty one
    VTAkkiiiin

if its ur coilpaks and ur misfiring.....then a cel would pop up and flash.

coilpak will also idle rough. go out and try and floor it, if shudders like traction control is kickin in and u get a cel then its def a coilpack
    unitronic chipped, neuspeed intake, resonator removed, H&R racesprings, debadged, 35 & 20% tint. stealth installed valentine one radar detector w/ concealed display and volume control. Tinted Tail Lights and Rear emblem.
    Soon to add: Eurojet turboback exhaust

is there a tsb on this coil packs? kinda sucks to have to go back to dealer for this now. anyways thanks for the heads up!

this is happening to me to when i start the car and let it warm up feels like it is going to stall but it never does.... only happnes every now and than
    Stage2 APR, DP, K&N Cold air intake, cut engine cover, upgraded OEM DV, BSH PCV stage one, Forge short shifter, New South boost gauge, custume sub box with fast embrodered, LED red lights on floor.

actually i get no cel at all, it happens when car is hot, and it happen today again it sucks! calling service rep tomorrow and schedule an appoiment asap.

mine was fine until i hit about 16-17psi. then it started to shudder and do all the other crap. no issues whatsoever if i didnt push it up that high. no rough idle, no cel either. only when i hit the set psi and keep it there for a bit, it would flash for some time then would go away. only once did it come on and stay lit. the coils fail in weird ways so your symptoms wont always be identical. have the dealer replace em for ya free of charge. they are about $30 each if you were to buy them online.

i called vw service dept. and they told me i have to leave the car with them so they can replicate the problem, kinda sucks! my car only does it when hot, once in a while like 4 times in the last 350 miles, i get no cel.

Ex-Fahrenheit GTI Owner VEGAS FAHRENHEIT's Avatar

hmmm.. DV maybe?

im still gonna go w/ coilpaks. thats the only thing i've read/experienced and heard about.

another common cel is "intake manifold flapper stuck on open" there is a tsb for that.

find someone w/ a vagcom and even though the light isnt on there is still a registered listing of any errors.
    unitronic chipped, neuspeed intake, resonator removed, H&R racesprings, debadged, 35 & 20% tint. stealth installed valentine one radar detector w/ concealed display and volume control. Tinted Tail Lights and Rear emblem.

New Dub Cub

Holy crap mine does the same exact thing . Let me know what they find out. Here I thought I was nuts.

ok took car to dealership, they replicated the problem and found 9 faults in the system, they replaced the breather crankcase valve under warranty, so its not the coil packs, so far its running smooth, but i will be doing a little hard driving and rock my GTI this afternoun, so i hope it's all good now.

happy you got it all worked out and sorted.

Closed Thread