DIY Golf gti mk5 "stop engine oil low pressure"
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Golf gti mk5 "stop engine oil low pressure"

Default Golf gti mk5 "stop engine oil low pressure"

Hi Guy, My sons Golf Gti MK 5 is currently not working. The problem started when the Stop low oil pressure appeared on the dash. He miss read this and thought he needed to Add oil. 10 miles down the road the car cut out and we towed it home. First thing I did was drain the oil from the sump and realised that he had added 1.4 litres too much oil. The oil I removed looked black and did not contain any water (serviced 2 months ago + the sump removed and oil strainer cleaned) The car turned over without firing or sounding like it was going to start. I removed the rocker cover to check if both cams are turning which they are. We had a new Vanos cam chain + tensioner fitted 2 months ago when the oil pick up strainer was cleaned. I thought the chain had come off but both cams are turning together. The pictures I have uploaded are the creamy mayo from inside the rocker cover and the oil filler cap which looks like the head gasket has gone but the oil from the sump looked normal so I don't think h/g has gone. Normally H/G from the car getting too hot but there was no overheating with this break down. One thing to add is the one of the breather pipes on the rocker cover was completely blocked and the second was dirty as well. A mechanic friend has said the blocked breather has caused the mayo inside the rocker cover and oil filler cap. He also said it could be the cam sensor.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Golf gti mk5 "stop engine oil low pressure"

Quote Originally Posted by paulmilner2 View Post

Hi Guy, My sons Golf Gti MK 5 is currently not working. The problem started when the Stop low oil pressure appeared on the dash. He miss read this and thought he needed to Add oil. 10 miles down the road the car cut out and we towed it home. First thing I did was drain the oil from the sump and realised that he had added 1.4 litres too much oil. The oil I removed looked black and did not contain any water (serviced 2 months ago + the sump removed and oil strainer cleaned) The car turned over without firing or sounding like it was going to start. I removed the rocker cover to check if both cams are turning which they are. We had a new Vanos cam chain + tensioner fitted 2 months ago when the oil pick up strainer was cleaned. I thought the chain had come off but both cams are turning together. The pictures I have uploaded are the creamy mayo from inside the rocker cover and the oil filler cap which looks like the head gasket has gone but the oil from the sump looked normal so I don't think h/g has gone. Normally H/G from the car getting too hot but there was no overheating with this break down. One thing to add is the one of the breather pipes on the rocker cover was completely blocked and the second was dirty as well. A mechanic friend has said the blocked breather has caused the mayo inside the rocker cover and oil filler cap. He also said it could be the cam sensor.

I would appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Dude that is totally a HG crapped out. Sorry but that car is done for now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk