Unitronic Stage 1+ ECM flashing
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Thread: Unitronic Stage 1+ ECM flashing

New Dub Cub

Default Unitronic Stage 1+ ECM flashing

Hey guys,

Alright here's the deal. I recently purchased Unitronic Stage 1+ along with the Uniconnect cable. Today I decided to flash my ECU. I downloaded all the Uni software on my laptop, and registered it. Then I connected to the car. It recognized the ECU. I cleared the current CEL that I have, which is due to the 3" catless downpipe. Then I attempted to flash the stage 1+ software. It again, recognized the ECU, and began to flash it. It made it to 7% and then began giving me error messages that said "The application called an interface that was marshalled for a different thread". As soon as I cleared the message it popped up again. After clearing it about 20x, it finally came up with a message that asked if I wanted to update the logs with Unitronic. I hit yes, then it came up with another popup that said the VIN was not authorized. Shortly after this while attempting to flash it again, Uniconnect froze, and then my laptop froze. After about 10 min of being locked up, I shut off the laptop and disconnected the cable, then turned the key off. Now when I try to start my car, the tire pressure light flashes, and the car will not start. I just disconnected the battery cable in hopes to reset the ECU. Any and all help or insight would be much appreciated, because i'm afraid that my ECU may be toast. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Unitronic Stage 1+ ECM flashing

I would call unitronic and have them help you out. Definitely sounds like a flashing problem
    KW V2 coilovers, Adams Sports II rotors, EBC Redstuff pads, AEM filter on MAF, UNI stage 2, 42DD downpipe, 337/20th AE valence/sideskirts, 20th interior trim, 20th shift knob, fold down light up jetta vents, R32 front seats, Depo projector headlights, R32 control arm bushings, Audi TT FSB, 25mm H&R RSB, R32 LCA/spindles, BBS RSII concave

"Build" thread- Hidden Content

New Dub Cub

Thats the plan right now. Sadly they aren't open on sundays though

Why I do not like flashing my own ECU.

Try talking to UNI. I read somewhere to keep a battery charger running on the battery when flashing because it can cause voltage drops and not flash properly.
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

New Dub Cub

I have excellent news. Called Unitronic and they were able to remedy the situation and allow me to finally flash my ECM. I couldn't possibly be any happier. Their customer service was top notch. They were quick to diagnose the issue and help me fix it. Overall, the tune feels awesome. It feels like a whole new car now. I would highly suggest Unitronic to anyone who is looking for a company that is easy to work with and straight up when it comes to dealing with issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    I have excellent news. Called Unitronic and they were able to remedy the situation and allow me to finally flash my ECM. I couldn't possibly be any happier. Their customer service was top notch. They were quick to diagnose the issue and help me fix it. Overall, the tune feels awesome. It feels like a whole new car now. I would highly suggest Unitronic to anyone who is looking for a company that is easy to work with and straight up when it comes to dealing with issues.
    Glad to hear it worked out! I have Unitronic and love their tune
    KW V2 coilovers, Adams Sports II rotors, EBC Redstuff pads, AEM filter on MAF, UNI stage 2, 42DD downpipe, 337/20th AE valence/sideskirts, 20th interior trim, 20th shift knob, fold down light up jetta vents, R32 front seats, Depo projector headlights, R32 control arm bushings, Audi TT FSB, 25mm H&R RSB, R32 LCA/spindles, BBS RSII concave

"Build" thread- Hidden Content

I also have Uni and I am also very happy with my tune.

What was the issue? how did you fix it?
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

New Dub Cub

Unhappy Re: Unitronic Stage 1+ ECM flashing

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsy View Post
    What was the fix? I am getting something similar when trying to flash stage 1. Unitronic customer support is closed right now. After the flash, I get errors "ESC error, adaptive lighting error, TPMS Error, forward collision sensor error". The car wont even turn over....

Please let me know ASAP!!!