WHAT ECU UPGRADE CHIP??
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WHAT ECU UPGRADE CHIP??

Dubster

Default WHAT ECU UPGRADE CHIP??

What ECU is the Best according to you all??

sorry for yelling.... i'll whisper for now on....
    Mods: Tint 5%- all 3 back windows/ Smoked Side markers/ Neuspeed P-Flo intake/ 18" Driv Vixen Black wheels- Nitto Tires

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: WHAT ECU UPGRADE CHIP??

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

Dubster

c'moon now there's only two people that are chipped.......
    Mods: Tint 5%- all 3 back windows/ Smoked Side markers/ Neuspeed P-Flo intake/ 18&quot; Driv Vixen Black wheels- Nitto Tires

Dubber In Training

Im going GIAC (Monday)...2 reasons mainly. 1 its the only one available in the realitive area to me (Kansas City Kansas) which I guess is a big one and 2 the shop Im goign to is a real big time Porsche tuner and they use GIAC for their rich customers (lol) so I think its a good choice.

On a separate note anyone that has GIAC and the Neuspeed P-flo intake that can give me an idiea of what Ill be pulling on the dyno come Monday please PM me Im so anxious I just can wait and I need to know lol. (The GIAC software is EVOMS version if that makes a difference i was told to expect 30 to 50 hp and 65 to 85 tq without factoring in the intake.)

GTfly time

i run GIAC and the P Flo along with some other goodies. you will love it

I have APR since day one I bought my car. I LOVED it! so far is the best. Also ABT Sportsline is very similar and even better (I got the APR because I did not have a dealer close by for ABT. However now I do! Ohh well!) The ABT is the only one approved by VW! However, either way is the best way then stock. No comparison.

BTW the website for both are www.ppsnow.net .
    Michael

Shaken not stirred...

Quote Originally Posted by mapssi
    The ABT is the only one approved by VW!
    Where did you hear that?
    ----------

I don't know where the 'approved by VW' might have have come from. ABT says on their website that their upgrade is cause for voiding a manufacturer's warranty. However, they do have a warranty of their own but that page is in German and no sprechen. I got something about comprehensive and security.
    "You don't have to tell me when I'm right. I generally assume I am."

'07 BM 4-Door \\ P-flow, Turbo Discharge, Hi-flow Intercooler Pipe, Vent Boost Gauge, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge adj Short Shift, Autotech Rear Sway Bar

There is actually an APR tuner in Kansas City, MO...im in Topeka and if i go APR then that's where I'd get mine, and btw...this tuner also tunes porsche's, BMW's, Audi's, and VW's (obviously)
    <br /><br /><br /><br />

The Below Is A Post I made A Little While Back... Thought it Would Go with The Subject At hand... (this is about runnig the nuespeed software)

Ok guys, here is the official word from dealership and from neuspeed...
    Dealership- Neuspeed software runs fine with our systems, we wont know it's on the car unless you tell us or we drive in and try to get it over 130 MPH... so go get it or buy a GTI from Rusnak Audi in T.O. (Thousand Oaks, CA) (called Rusnak) they said that any Audi or VW you buy from them is covered with Neuspeed modifications only if they are done at neuspeed shop. So I simply said if I told you today that I wanted to buy a GTI from you guys, but said I want a Neuspeed remap, neuspeed intake neuspeed exhaust I would still have a factory warranty, the answer was music to my ears... YES we will even take the car to neuspeed for you after purchase... I may take my GTI to them as a trade in...

Neuspeed - Spoke to Gary and he told me that the neuspeed software is not covered under warranty from most dealerships but dealerships will not know it is installed if you donÂ’t tell them, you know Rusnak Audi brings us customers cars all the time for work and the software runs stealth, and he said if I was worried about anything that I could bring it down and they would remove the software before I went into the dealership... I was excited, I said what about the error codes that come up if youÂ’re pushing to much boost and things like that, he said let me explain it again, and our software canÂ’t be seen because we are using VW specs(Whatever that means) so our software wonÂ’t cause any error codes.

I am taking my GTI to neuspeed tomorrow for the software. Or to Rusnak Audi for a trade in, either way I feel very good and safe, I love VW and Neuspeed. I Live in Van Nuys / Arleta, CA. but I work is Simi Valley, CA. So Neuspeed and Rusnak are both close, life is GOOD.

FYI- I didnÂ’t check my spelling because I donÂ’t CARE!!!

GTfly time

haha thats pretty sick man. im still under warranty with all my mods haha... my dealer doesnt care at all... but he warned me that if something goes wrong that i better take all the mods off before i bring it in haha.

i was talking to a tuner shop about chipping my gti mkv. they said that the apr chip is faster then the revo chip at stage 1 and 2. is this true? if it is true is the gain worth the extra money that the apr cost? the shop is also trying to tell me that i need a new fuel pump if i go with stage 2. i think they just want more money out of me. am i right?

Apr is better than revo apr's stage 1 is about as good as revo's stage 2, and for apr stg 2 you need a cold air intake and a downpipe, shouldn't need a new pump til stage 3
    VTAkkiiiin

Dubster

There are all the same. i have giac. get what every the closes dealer is close to you and trust sells. apr giac revo.

GTI + APR stage II =

i went with the apr stage 2 and i have a k@n cold air and a 3 inch catless downpipe. i don't really feel the difference with the chip :/. is there any reason for this? could i have blown my dv even before i ran it hard? but i do see my mpgs so way down.

Quote Originally Posted by MDgti08 View Post
    i went with the apr stage 2 and i have a k@n cold air and a 3 inch catless downpipe. i don't really feel the difference with the chip :/. is there any reason for this? could i have blown my dv even before i ran it hard? but i do see my mpgs so way down.
    stock dv on apr stage 2? most likely tore the be-jesus out of the insides, any idea what boost your running, because I felt a huge dif. between stock and just a chip, I can only imagine stage 2 would be epic
    VTAkkiiiin

i don't know how much boost i am running. The guy at the tuner shop said some people blow the dv right away and some people it has lasted over a year. if the dv is blown any recommendations? should i go with a dv or a bov and what make? and i really appreciate the help thanks.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by dlight88 View Post
    stock dv on apr stage 2? most likely tore the be-jesus out of the insides, any idea what boost your running, because I felt a huge dif. between stock and just a chip, I can only imagine stage 2 would be epic
    i don't know how much boost i am running. The guy at the tuner shop said some people blow the dv right away and some people it has lasted over a year. if the dv is blown any recommendations? should i go with a dv or a bov and what make? and i really appreciate the help thanks.

Im Running APR stage 2 , Neuspeed P-Flow Full CAI , Eurojet PCV , GHL 3" TBE .......And Until My BSH Dv Kit Comes In , Im Running On The Stock DV And Not A Problem Outa It Yet . And If I Push It I Spike At 23-24 PSI
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

Banned User

If I Were U I Would Invest In A Boost Gauge .... And If I Were U And I Did Blow It I Would Not Go Back Stock U Could Either Stay With The Dv Side And I Would Look Into A Forge Dv Or U Could Lookin Into The BSH DV Like I Got On The Way .....Or If U Choose To Go BOV Look Into A Greddy Or HKS BOV U Cant Go Wrong With Them

DV's
    Forge Motorsport

Bulletproof Speed Hardware :: Volkswagen :: MKV GTi, Jetta, Rabbit (06+) :: 2.0T Engine :: Forced Induction :: Diverter Valve...

BOV's
    HKS USA Super SQV

Greddy - Founded and Driven by Racers
    04 TR 24V .:R32 ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )
    04.5 BMP GLI 2.0T (20V Stroker w/ Built AEB Head )
    96 TR 12V VR6 GTI ( Chipped,Intake,Exhaust & Lowered )

is the apr r1 dv any good? are bov's that much better then a dv?

I suppose I should post here, instead of starting a new thread.
    Okay chip Gurus. I need your input. No.. not like that.. sickos...
    My GTI is a daily driver. I am looking for a chip that will give me gains, but still keep it somewhat easy on the car.
    If it matters, I am installing a P-flow intake.
    I know everyone is an APR fanatic, but the less boost I push, the better.
    I am hoping that whatever you suggest is going to the meet in Englishtown. If not, I may just have to take up APR as a give-in... kinda like how we settle for windows on PC platforms...
    Last edited by BillyBob; 06-23-2008 at 12:01 AM.
    2012 Shadow Blue GTI with DSG, R8 oil cap, GIAC Stg 1, DriverGear DSG springs, Neuspeed P-flo intake, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R 26mm/22mm swaybars, Tyrolsport Subframe collar kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Light View Post
    You better not say anything mean or hurtful or I'll face f*ck you with meh fist
    Modifizieren das Auto mit Zweck und Präzision

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBob View Post
    I suppose I sould post here, instead of starting a new thread.
    Okay chip Gurus. I need your input. No.. not like that.. sickos...
    My GTI is a daily driver. I am looking for a chip that will give me gains, but still keep it somewhat easy on the car.
    If it matters, I am installing a P-flow intake.
    I know everyone is an APR fanatic, but the less boost I push, the better.
    I am hoping that whatever you suggest is going to the meet in Englishtown. If not, I may just have to take up APR as a give-in... kinda like how we settle for windows on PC platforms...
    Go apr their r&d and customer service is second to none, plus just because you're running less boost doesn't nec. make it easier on the car, APR ftmfw
    VTAkkiiiin

apr offers you the option that u can keep it stock, then u push the cruise control the apr ecu kicks in. u dont have u worry about the extra boost until u want it. its best choice for the money.

I always seem to catch these posts a few months after they have been posted.....But I was wondering if anyone knew of any pro's/con's with getting the actual chip vs. getting direct port software? I am looking to do this mod, most likely APR stage 1 or 2 if I see it fit. Input please.

will a chip mess with anything on the screen between the gauges 06mk5

New Dub Cub

I was looking for a place to throw out my experience on the ECU reprogramming topic. I know that you can find plenty of fans for each brand and some people that dislike others. I went with Neuspeed because a local shop I had good experience with sold thier ecu flash and I had a Neuspeed on my 02 and loved it. I have an 07 with the DSG and the second I drove away could tell the car was defintly faster from idle to 5600. But as many DSG owners have experienced with most brands I had rough shifts in drive only Manual and sport were fine. I call Joseph at Neuspeed and we discussed the options. He proceeded to work on tunning the rough shift out but the problem is introduced by the extra power. I know APR has tunned the issue away as well but the dyno does not lie. I had dyno pulls with the first Neuspeed chip and the second update and I am glad to say it went up 10 hp and pulls all the way to 6400. The cool thing is two days later I got the sheet from another DSG car on the same dyno using apr 91 oct which also had apr exhaust and intake. I made 10 hp at the wheels more. I would like to see an apr 93 oct on the same dyno to compare it to the Neuspeed but I bet its close But maybe in NS favor. I have a friend with APR 93 and I pull on him about a car+door. I wanted to post my experience because I have seen many un sure of the NS #... the car with the APR posted 168 stock and 182 after chip, exhaust and intake. Mine is ecu flash only and I made 192 at the wheels for almost 1500 rpm. Ne ways I want to commend Neuspeed for their customer service and say thx... I promised Joe I would post some info for their efforts. Dyno info---I live in DFW and the temp was about 85 deg. I can post or email both dyno sheets if anyone wants to see them. I am very pleased and it was worth the wait for the updated ecu flash.

+ Reply to Thread