Stage 1 ECU Upgrades -- Revo vs the rest...
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stage 1 ECU Upgrades -- Revo vs the rest...

Dubber In Training Matt Johnson's Avatar

Default Stage 1 ECU Upgrades -- Revo vs the rest...

So I know I've seen multiple threads on this topic, but I didn't see a lot of feedback about Revo. I know a guy who owns a performace shop and is an authorized Revo tuner, so pricewise I can get a deal on a Revo tune. I just want to get some feedback about Revo vs the competition.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Stage 1 ECU Upgrades -- Revo vs the rest...

Well I had the same issue you did a while back. I knew a REVO authorized shop and just went with it. I love it and I havent looked back. All he said to do was always put premium (duh) and use chevron gas I guess. I would just go with him. I love my stage 1 reflash
    Revo Stage 1 K&N air filter.

Quote Originally Posted by deckoturf View Post
    Well I had the same issue you did a while back. I knew a REVO authorized shop and just went with it. I love it and I havent looked back. All he said to do was always put premium (duh) and use chevron gas I guess. I would just go with him. I love my stage 1 reflash
    Nice. Thanks. I think I'm going to get the Revo trial software flashed Friday, just to make sure I think it's worth the money, but especially with him cutting me a deal, I'll prlly go ahead and get the full version.

I have had a revo tune for about 8 months, including stage 2 for 2 months. I have had no problems whatsoever and am pleased with the tune. If you aren't sure what tune to get APR also offers a trial so you can compare the both tunes.

some people say revo runs a lean file, I don't know if its true or not, but I haven't seen any evidence of a lean tune.

Quote Originally Posted by STYkilla View Post
    I have had a revo tune for about 8 months, including stage 2 for 2 months. I have had no problems whatsoever and am pleased with the tune. If you aren't sure what tune to get APR also offers a trial so you can compare the both tunes.

some people say revo runs a lean file, I don't know if its true or not, but I haven't seen any evidence of a lean tune.
    Did you have to pay for stage 2? Because I know APR offers a deal where if you upgrade to stage 1 you can upgrade then to 2 once you have the dp for free. I'm hoping because I'm buying my dp this week lol.
    Revo Stage 1 K&N air filter.

It really all depends on the shop. some places will charge a shop fee... its BS but it happens....
    2007 Candy White MKV GTI w/DSG
    APR Stage 2 Tune Fully loaded ECU / 15% tint / Eurosport 3" down pipe / GHL Quad tip exhaust / VF Engineering CAI / 42DD Catch Can / Rear wiper delete / Rev. "D" DV / V-Maxx Coilovers / Avant Grande M310 staggered 18x8's front 18x9's rear matte black

New Dub Cub

okay i just bought my gti on the 18th of june....i want to get apr tuned....but i also bought a 6 year warranty....am i okay to go with it...or should i be somewhat worried about getting my warranty revoked...i also want to go with a intake....witch should i choose from..... thank you guys...im freaking car dumb lol

i m about to get revo tune for 300..I want stage 2 but A buddy said not to, unless i upgrade intercooler
    Last edited by lazer; 07-16-2011 at 11:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lazer View Post
    i m about to get revo tune for 300..I want stage 2 but A buddy said not to, unless i upgrade intercooler
    Where are you getting the Stage 1 for $300?

go on websiteand print the promotion..its short time frame though.maybe a week,i wanna go tommorw...25$ paypal finders feeim broke

go on websiteand print the promotion..its short time frame though.maybe a week,i wanna go tommorw...25$ paypal finders feeim broke

link?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Johnson View Post
    link?
    I'm an idiot...

http://www.revotechnik.com/

hahaha Thanks for the heads up... I've prlly been to that site 20 times in the last week and that banner just slipped by me.

ya i would have had to wait till mid august at a show for this if someone in a local forum didnt post it.
    well i called the dealer and i have to wait till Wednesday, he needs a new cable..really gay +27$$$ tax.

ya i would have had to wait till mid august at a show for this if someone in a local forum didnt post it.
    well i called the dealer and i have to wait till Wednesday, he needs a new cable..really gay +27$$$ tax.
    Yea I've been trying to make an appointment with a Revo distributor by me for like the last 3 days and I feel like I'm getting blown off... I don't get it $400 to plug a cable into my car for <1hr and you don't want my business

ya, wish we could have the option of open source tunes like with wrx's

that's not true you can run stage 2 without an upgraded FMIC
    UNI Stage 3 w/ PT5558BB Turbo(What a difference UNI is from APR!) UNI>APR Unitronic.ca, HPFP Upgrade Stage 1 pump, 3in.TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks, Forge 007, RalcoRC SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, N2MB WOT box, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 dogbone mount, Koni FSD shocks, Neuspeed Race(front)/Sport(rear) springs/25mm FSB, Whiteline anti-lift kit/front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big Turbo Kit
    VolksBAHN 2012

ya thas what he thinks.They require 4 bar though..Im kinda paranoid, about the turbo going

ya thas what he thinks.They require 4 bar though..Im kinda paranoid, about the turbo going
    4 bar? thts like 50 psi? idk what ur referring to.... and your turbo will be more then fine with stage 2, ive been apr stage 2 for the past yr+ and now im Uni stage 2 which runs 20 psi no issues to date with anything. with the smaller fmic you'll get heat soak quicker your not going to hurt ur turbo. If you want to get a bigger FMIC get an S3 one for about 300$
    UNI Stage 3 w/ PT5558BB Turbo(What a difference UNI is from APR!) UNI>APR Unitronic.ca, HPFP Upgrade Stage 1 pump, 3in.TBE, BSH throttle pipe/27mm RSB/Endlinks, Forge 007, RalcoRC SS, 42Draft Design CNC Shifter bushings, N2MB WOT box, BFI stage 2 motor/tranny mounts, 034 dogbone mount, Koni FSD shocks, Neuspeed Race(front)/Sport(rear) springs/25mm FSB, Whiteline anti-lift kit/front control arm bushings, 18x8.5 VMR VB3s, JBL stereo, CTS Turbo 2.0t FSI Big Turbo Kit
    VolksBAHN 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bill6211789 View Post
    4 bar? thts like 50 psi? idk what ur referring to.... and your turbo will be more then fine with stage 2, ive been apr stage 2 for the past yr+ and now im Uni stage 2 which runs 20 psi no issues to date with anything. with the smaller fmic you'll get heat soak quicker your not going to hurt ur turbo. If you want to get a bigger FMIC get an S3 one for about 300$
    meant 4 bar FPR..btw I HAZ MK4 (115K miles) and a budy with lower mileage 20th blew his a lil while ago so that kinda makes me nervous

ohh im not as fluent in the MK4 stuff in know the 2.0t very well but the 1.8t not as much esp with the 150 hp/180hp and all the injector changes for certain tuning, but i thought with revo they will only run a certain amount of boost if you have stock SMIC. your buddy prob blew his turbo bc he had his boost turned up too high even for stage 2.

even REVOs site doesn't say its required or even a good optional add on:
    Required Hardware

• A 4 bar fuel pressure regulator
    • A quality aftermarket performance exhaust system with high flow cat.
    • A good air intake induction system or filter recommended for best results.
    Optional Hardware

• A de-cat exhaust system for race or track use
    • An aftermarket diverter valve
    • Select Plus switch
    Last edited by Bill6211789; 08-12-2011 at 02:03 AM.
    VolksBAHN 2012

we're thinkin the previous owner had put on a manuaL boost controller b4.He has a KO4 now Though..I prolly will go stage 2 once this guy from vortex sends me the FPR been 3 weeks now (. stage 1 is 17 psi for revo btw. I jus cant afford A new turbo and I would have to go ko4

If there was a MBC in the car and boost was suppose to be 20 psi and the MBC had him hitting 20+ tht would be why is turbo went not even a bigger IC would've helped him. It was kinda your buddies own fault not monitoring boost, not knowing if someone threw in a MBC and had it improperly turned set. as long as you don't have a MBC in your car you'll be fine.

Any turbo-ed car should have a boost gauge to monitor boost levels esp if your modifying your car. this should be mod #1
    VolksBAHN 2012

well it was demodded.He never drove with an mbc himself.But with ko4 i would jus to control spikes

+ Reply to Thread