Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump

Thumbs up Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump

I own a 2006 GTI and just received a letter from VW saying that they are extending the factory warranty on certain 2006 and 2007 TFSI Engines to 10 years or 120,000 miles from the original warranty start date on the intake camshaft, camshaft follower and high pressure fuel pump. The warranty is fully transferable to subsequent owners. This is in response to all the incidences of premature wear of camshaft followers on those engines. This is great because now VW will pick up the tab if you have to replace your Intake camshaft, Camshaft follower or High Pressure fuel pump. I got a notification because I'm the original owner and apparently my car is one of the effected ones. (although I have had no problem related to that) But, if you do own one with an effected engine and have not been notified you will still be covered if you have an issue. Anyone that thinks they might be covered under this warranty extension can call a VW dealer and have them check your VIN number to see if your car is included.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump

Also received said letter
    Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

Default Re: Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump

Dealership confirmed warranty early last week but still no letter.

I find this interesting about a month ago I went for cel it was the motor flap they told me that it was 530 give or take. So I ask was it coverd in my warrenty he said componet wasn't cover in the certified warrenty I was pissed. Came back 10min later and said that the warrenty wasn't specific so I was all good. Ima check the mail today and see a while ago I had one for the airbag.

You got your motor flap covered under drivetrain or bumper-to-bumper warranty?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad_I View Post
    You got your motor flap covered under drivetrain or bumper-to-bumper warranty?
    Not sure. But I did get the intake cam, cam follower and hpfp warrenty ext. in the mail too. Next week Im planning on going to kmd tunning and getting a new cam follower should I or just take it to VW.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    Not sure. But I did get the intake cam, cam follower and hpfp warrenty ext. in the mail too. Next week Im planning on going to kmd tunning and getting a new cam follower should I or just take it to VW.
    Just order one from Ecs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Bang bang tang!!

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    Just order one from Ecs.
    I would but I don't have the time or space yet. KMD has a beefier cam (100$) suppose to last longer cause of the size.

Quote Originally Posted by That Dude View Post
    I would but I don't have the time or space yet. KMD has a beefier cam (100$) suppose to last longer cause of the size.
    I know about it, I wouldn't get it. Waste. Take It to the dealer with that in there and see how they shut down your warranty after it punches through.

Bang bang tang!!

Just stay with the stocker. More meat means more mass between the plunger and cam lobe. It may eff up yer fuel delivery unless the pump needs to be shimmed too? God forbid the metal it's made of is even harder than the stocker follower and wears yer lobe anyway...
    I'd rather just keep throwing stockers in there so long as I can still get them.
    2012 Shadow Blue GTI with DSG, R8 oil cap, GIAC Stg 1, DriverGear DSG springs, Neuspeed P-flo intake, Bilstein sport shocks, H&R 26mm/22mm swaybars, Tyrolsport Subframe collar kit.
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Light View Post
    You better not say anything mean or hurtful or I'll face f*ck you with meh fist
    Modifizieren das Auto mit Zweck und Prδzision

cool, im little on the broke side anyway sounds like gas money its almost 50 bucks for a fill up now.

Get a oem follower, that thing is garbage.

Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber prescription_bandit's Avatar

I just got my cam follower and fuel pump replaced under the recall warranty extension. I originally went into the dealership after my engine was f*cking up after I got my ECU APR tuned. As soon as I brought it in, they told me I was covered under the recall warranty. I got the letter in the mail about a week later. Car rides so much better now.

*2013 Candy White GTI MKVI DSG
    -Convenience package: Touch screen audio, sunroof
    -18 inch Laguna Wheels
    *Injen Stage 2 Short-Ram Intake|Unitronic Stage 1+|Wolfsburg Europlate|Eurobadged

I just bought my 07 with 119,538 on it and on the first trip from Havasu...BOOM..no power and engine light on. Both fuel pumps and worn cam lobe...$1900...BUT!! Covered under this warranty!! Glad it wasn't a longer trip!

Brought Mine in yesterday, my car is visibly modified, thet were will doing it. Parts are on back order till next thursday
    APR K04, raceland coilovers, neuspeed intake, custom exhaust, other random pretty making mods
    1988 Audi 90 Quattro baybeh!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsilva970 View Post
    delete you account, sell you car, buy a honda.
    Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    Don't be alarmed, shaun is always getting moist or having an erection.
    Quote Originally Posted by sangheili View Post
    Also is that valve thing for real or are u guys just messin with me
    Quote Originally Posted by cbursten View Post
    I like your style, Shaun.

Update....car has been in the shop since August 3rd waiting for the high pressure fuel pump to be MADE in Germany. Now these a**holes tell me that it is being shipped over and wont be here until the end of the month. Have the ever heard of planes?? The battle with corporate is now on. Not a good start to my first VW.

Dubber In Training

My 2007 DSG is in Lindsay VW now and I was told it needed new camshaft, followers and fuel pump.
    Originally took it in for the transmission slipping and not up shifting.
    So even though the new parts are going to be put in under the VW extended warranty, What about all the metal shavings from the worn parts flowing through the rest of the engine?
    When the oil circulates around the cam, followers... where does it go? Straight to the filter to filter out the wear causing shavings or through the rest of the engine and turbo causing excessive wear?
    Should I trade or sell the car when I get it back?
    Or keep it and do stage 1 or 2 mods? How would this affect my warranty if any?
    Does VW replacing the cam, followers and fuel pump noticeably increase performance?
    My transmission was replaced in 2009 due to hitting a drive shaft in the HWY.
    What else should I know?
    Thank you.

Unhappy Re: Warranty Extention,Intake Camshaft,Camshaft Follower & High Pressure Fuel Pump

Hi I am located in mexico and have had bad experience with the same issue 5 months ago with an Passat 2 lt turbo engine with the same issue Camshaft and oil pressure pump replacement, I sold the car after that and bought a used Gti 2007 2 lts and I have the same problem again, I will claim but need more information on the warranty extension some guys are mentioning, can you please let me know where I can find information so I can CLAIM IT it is too much money again for the same problem

You should be able to go to VW's website and look up any recalls using your VIN number.
    2011 Candy White DSG MK6
    Unitronic Stage 1+||Injen Intake||Rear De-badge||Red Footwell Lights
    BFI Stage 1 Motor Mounts||Euro Cup Holder||GFB DV+

My Build Thread

New Dub Cub

bump from the dead..

do any of you guys still have this magical warranty letter? my cam chain busted last week and when the dealer said it just had a weak link the in the chain and not covering it is bs. i drive a 06 fsi jetta 89k miles and im trying to get this covered under the warranty that you guys have but theyre saying their is no recall for my VIN. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dubmang View Post
    bump from the dead..

do any of you guys still have this magical warranty letter? my cam chain busted last week and when the dealer said it just had a weak link the in the chain and not covering it is bs. i drive a 06 fsi jetta 89k miles and im trying to get this covered under the warranty that you guys have but theyre saying their is no recall for my VIN. thanks
    Did you run your VIN through the recall checker on VW's website?

+ Reply to Thread