P2540 Low Fuel Pressure Sensor Implausable Signal???
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P2540 Low Fuel Pressure Sensor Implausable Signal???

Charleston, South Carolina, United States

Default P2540 Low Fuel Pressure Sensor Implausable Signal???

today while driving my CEL came on, i checked it with my VAG, and cleared it hoping it was just another infamous VW electrical ghost as they are so common. it was a P2540 low fuel pressure sensor implausible signal, does anyone have any knowledge about this? and if so what caused it?
    2006 BMP 2.0T_APR stg2 FULLY LOADED ecu_K&N intake_APR RSC TBE_Forge Catch Can_OEM Piston DV_Black side markers_VAGd to disable DRLs and allow key-less window ops_ALL interior lights swapped to LEDs_LED license plate lights_MFG.com stickers (for an extra 10hp each)_rear windshield "pee mod"

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Spaminator numero uno 07GTIMYFAST's Avatar

Default Re: P2540 Low Fuel Pressure Sensor Implausable Signal???

probably fuel cut, I see you are stage 2 but don't have a HPFP, I would pull the pump and check you cam follower ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    probably fuel cut, I see you are stage 2 but don't have a HPFP, I would pull the pump and check you cam follower ASAP
    it came on when i was backing out of a parking space (not under a hard load at all), also i just replaced the cam follower at my last oil change (just over 2K miles ago) and it didnt look that bad
    2006 BMP 2.0T_APR stg2 FULLY LOADED ecu_K&N intake_APR RSC TBE_Forge Catch Can_OEM Piston DV_Black side markers_VAGd to disable DRLs and allow key-less window ops_ALL interior lights swapped to LEDs_LED license plate lights_MFG.com stickers (for an extra 10hp each)_rear windshield "pee mod"

Spaminator numero uno 07GTIMYFAST's Avatar

check the connector on the fuel pump, if it is loose it could have wiggled when you were in reverse. hence the "implausable" signal

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    check the connector on the fuel pump, if it is loose it could have wiggled when you were in reverse. hence the "implausable" signal
    actually that makes SOOO much sense lol i didnt even think of that thanks

well i got the code again today, also when using reverse. i dont have the time or money to investigate further at this point unfortunately and the car will be getting parked for an extended period in February while i am on deployment so hopefully it makes it

so I haven't been on here in forever (mostly due to deployments and lack of car related issues thank god) but recently I had an issue during a 9hr road trip. while cruising at a steady speed of around 80 my car would lose all power for anywhere from 1-3 secs. very annoying and somewhat unsettling 2hrs into my 9hr trek. I had no problems during decel or coasting down but under any load (whether that be accel or maintaining speed up a hill) I would have what seemed like a fuel cut there was no CEL until about an hr of dealing with this (i checked it when i got home and I had the P2540 code again but this time accompanied by a P2293). this problem started when I was at 3/4 of a tank (so I dismissed the low fuel issue thing) I continued to drive it until 1/4 where I found a gas station I found suitable and filled up. for the rest of the drive I was on edge but had no more of the "fuel cut" issue. I am thinking maybe bad gas I have yet to see the issue again and after clearing the codes they haven't come back, at the same time I haven't done more than 30mins of highway driving continuously to recreate the situation either.

also i know P2293 is usually a warning for the cam follower. I bought my car with around 40k on it, Im now sitting around 88k and have replaced it twice since then (both times just for good measure) and both times there was virtually no wear on the follower at all. the most recent replacement was 2 oil changes ago and everything looked fine to me

Check this out:

http://forums.subdriven.com/showthre...540&p=79993920

They fixed it by replacing the low pressure sensor on the side of the HPFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Coltello View Post
    Check this out:

http://forums.subdriven.com/showthre...540&p=79993920

They fixed it by replacing the low pressure sensor on the side of the HPFP.
    that's awesome. any idea if theres any special tools needed or gaskets, O-rings etc

http://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-...NSOR/ES251666/

Don't think so. There's a link to it on ECS. For $50, it might be worth a shot.

+ Reply to Thread