Downpipe
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Downpipe

Jedi Dubber

Default Downpipe

This may be a retarted question lol but...

Im looking for a downpipe for the 2010 gti and im looking on ebay.

I came across this one that says its compatible with the MK6 but in the details it says 06-09 GTI and the FSI engine... Sooo what gives? Will this work on my 2010 or not

Link >> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-Dow...Q5fAccessories

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Downpipe

IIRC both mk5 and mk6 have the same setup

so it will work if im correct
    03 GTI 1.8T & 96 GTI 2.0 & 00 Passat Wagon 1.8T

the tsi motor has a third o2 bung. the fsi has 2 o2 bungs. An fsi dp wont work on a mkvi unless u get a third bung welded on
    Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    the tsi motor has a third o2 bung. the fsi has 2 o2 bungs. An fsi dp wont work on a mkvi unless u get a third bung welded on

I wonder why these idiots advertise MK6 then lol.

U never know what ur gonna get. I didnt even look at the link u posted yet. But the fsi ended in 08.5 so unless it has a third bung that can be plugged for the fsi as well they are not interchangeable
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

U never know what ur gonna get. I didnt even look at the link u posted yet. But the fsi ended in 08.5 so unless it has a third bung that can be plugged for the fsi as well they are not interchangeable

Oh well it says it fits an 09 gti... I dont know what a "bung" looks like lol

Quote Originally Posted by asims33 View Post
    Oh well it says it fits an 09 gti... I dont know what a "bung" looks like lol
    Hahaha, its the fitting the o2 sensor screws into. Ill look at the link and post back....hold on
    Bang bang tang!!

Man it says fsi, so I wouldnt get that. Not enough pics to see how many o2 bungs it has. I would say dont get that one man
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

Man it says fsi, so I wouldnt get that. Not enough pics to see how many o2 bungs it has. I would say dont get that one man

Yeah i sent them an email asking if it will fit the 2010 gti, if it will then ill buy it they have a 30 day money back garuntee so if i get it and take it to an exhaust shop and they say it wont work ill just ship it back but im waiting on a response from them.

Your not installing it? Ask them if it has 2 or 3 o2 bungs in the email. They probably have no idea what they are talking about anyway.
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

Your not installing it? Ask them if it has 2 or 3 o2 bungs in the email. They probably have no idea what they are talking about anyway.

Hell no im not installing it lmao i did good to install the Forge spacer, i have no experience with engines at all. When they reply i will make sure to respond specifically asking about the o2 bungs.
    2010 GTI Black, 18" Detroits, Neuspeed P-Flo RED, 3" 42dd DP, APR Stg 2, Auto tech Motor mount. Saving for Wheels now

Yeah i sent them an email asking if it will fit the 2010 gti, if it will then ill buy it they have a 30 day money back garuntee so if i get it and take it to an exhaust shop and they say it wont work ill just ship it back but im waiting on a response from them.

if you are taking it a shop the can install the other bung you need

Jedi Dubber

I just read the definition a little better it says "Comes with bungs for o2 censors It may require some fabrication; this depends on your present exhaust system." How hard would it be to get an exhaust shop to create more bungs?
    2010 GTI Black, 18" Detroits, Neuspeed P-Flo RED, 3" 42dd DP, APR Stg 2, Auto tech Motor mount. Saving for Wheels now

Jedi Dubber

if you are taking it a shop the can install the other bung you need

Thats what i figured, how big of a deal is that? If they are gonna charge me 100 bucks to do it then it wouldnt be worth it to buy this one anymore.

Thats what i figured, how big of a deal is that? If they are gonna charge me 100 bucks to do it then it wouldnt be worth it to buy this one anymore.

should not be more then a few bucks

it only take a few minutes to make a hole and weld a nut on the DP

should not be more then a few bucks

it only take a few minutes to make a hole and weld a nut on the DP
    I wanna know where the thread is that I just said this^
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

I wanna know where the thread is that I just said this^

Im confused lol....

Im confused lol....
    Haha. I just posted that in other thread like yesterday. Talkin about weldin a o2 bung in. I think its right below the turbo on the tsi,where u need to put it. Look at the old dp and see. Its not a very hard job to do man, unless u get the wrong one. haha
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

Haha. I just posted that in other thread like yesterday. Talkin about weldin a o2 bung in. I think its right below the turbo on the tsi,where u need to put it. Look at the old dp and see. Its not a very hard job to do man, unless u get the wrong one. haha

Well in that case then you cant beat 180 bucks for a DP if thats all it takes to make it fin (if it doesnt already)

Ill call an exhaust shop tomorrow and get an idea of labor costs.

Thanks guys

Spaminator numero uno 07GTIMYFAST's Avatar

where are you located? Yes welding in a bung is cheap, ~$5 for the bung plus whatever the shop charges shouldn't be more than 10-30 depending on how money hungry they are.

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTIMYFAST View Post
    where are you located? Yes welding in a bung is cheap, ~$5 for the bung plus whatever the shop charges shouldn't be more than 10-30 depending on how money hungry they are.

Kingsport Tennessee, My gf lives in knoxville tho so im down there 3-4 days a week.

Kingsport Tennessee, My gf lives in knoxville tho so im down there 3-4 days a week.
    ahh, well if you feel like a random 3.5 hour drive south I'll weld a bung in for ya and install the dp on the free, pretty sure I have one or two spare bungs laying around. But you'll probably spend more in gas then it costs to get it done at a shop haha.

Jedi Dubber

ahh, well if you feel like a random 3.5 hour drive south I'll weld a bung in for ya and install the dp on the free, pretty sure I have one or two spare bungs laying around. But you'll probably spend more in gas then it costs to get it done at a shop haha.

Thanks for the offer, if the exhaust shops here are outrageous on the bung i may look at shipping it to ya and letting you weld it on for me.

I would just drive to his house and learn how to install one. Plus he knows alot about other mods and tips he could share
    Bang bang tang!!

τΏτ™

I wonder why these idiots advertise MK6 then lol.
    cuz its ebay...
    2009 GTI 2.0T Black Magic
    Waterfest 16 Survivor
    35% Tint - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake(Red) - NewSouth Indigo TurboPod - Neuspeed Torque Mount Insert - 42DD 3" Turbo Back - H&R Premium Coils - ESE color matched side markers - Unitronic Stage 2 - Badgeless grill - Custom license plate mount - Charleston Rims (485/1200) - Forge Front Mount Intercooler (Twintercooler) - SouthBend Stage2 Clutch - H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar - To be continued...

τΏτ™

I would just drive to his house and learn how to install one. Plus he knows alot about other mods and tips he could share
    x2 on that. Well worth the drive to pay a visit to '07... he knows his s**t and a cool guy to hang with. Plus free install, what more can you ask
    2009 GTI 2.0T Black Magic
    Waterfest 16 Survivor
    35% Tint - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake(Red) - NewSouth Indigo TurboPod - Neuspeed Torque Mount Insert - 42DD 3" Turbo Back - H&R Premium Coils - ESE color matched side markers - Unitronic Stage 2 - Badgeless grill - Custom license plate mount - Charleston Rims (485/1200) - Forge Front Mount Intercooler (Twintercooler) - SouthBend Stage2 Clutch - H&R 24mm Rear Sway Bar - To be continued...

Actually you wouldn't even need to install a new bung if you have a CBFA engine. The O2 sensor that the CCTA has on the downpipe is located on the turbo housing itself on the CBFA.

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by jawohl_vw View Post
    Actually you wouldn't even need to install a new bung if you have a CBFA engine. The O2 sensor that the CCTA has on the downpipe is located on the turbo housing itself on the CBFA.
    Maybe you can clarify? are you saying 1 o2 bung is on the turbo and the other 2 are on the exhaust?

And i would love to drive down and meet him and learn this stuff but im a pilot and im on call so im not suppose to be more than 2 hours from my airport, so finding a day where i can leave on the fly for a 3 hr drive isnt gonna be easy lol makes it impossible to plan. If i get a day off and i know ahead of time then i deff will try to do that.

Maybe you can clarify? are you saying 1 o2 bung is on the turbo and the other 2 are on the exhaust?

Yes, that's exactly right, only for the CBFA though

DAS IST MEIN FAST

i say do not get it. i would just get one from a shop that sales for that car. but if you do than goa nd get 07 to hook you up.
    http://s987.photobucket.com/user/the...st001.jpg.html2007 VW GTI APR STAGE(DYNOED AT 450CHP ON 95 OCT; 2005 AUDI S4 (sold); 2012 VW JETTA (sold)1965 FORD GALAXIE 500 XL CONVERTABLE 4 ON THE FLOOR, 390 CUBIC INCH MOTOR, DODGE VIPER RED; 2013 Chevy traverse 2LT.

Jedi Dubber

Quote Originally Posted by fastgti View Post
    i say do not get it. i would just get one from a shop that sales for that car. but if you do than goa nd get 07 to hook you up.

If its only 10-15 bucks to make it work with my car then 180 bucks is far cheaper than 200-400 bucks elsewhere wish i could let 07 do it tho, just cant get down there with notice as im a pilot and im on call.
    Last edited by asims33; 11-24-2010 at 09:30 PM.

fly over and air drop it at my house, I'll mail it to ya.

for real tho, a exhaust shop will be able to hook you up, just shop around and see who has the best deal, it's not rocket science.

Jedi Dubber

fly over and air drop it at my house, I'll mail it to ya.

for real tho, a exhaust shop will be able to hook you up, just shop around and see who has the best deal, it's not rocket science.

Yeah i got quoted 80 bucks for the install today (not including the bung) but i also got the "are you sure you want too? it will void your warranty" lmao

Haha. well if your car breaks down put the stock one back on
    Bang bang tang!!

Yeah i got quoted 80 bucks for the install today (not including the bung) but i also got the "are you sure you want too? it will void your warranty" lmao
    The exhaust shop told you this?
    thats odd.

That is precisly why I installed a highflow cat on mine so the dealer wouldn't raise an eybrow. looking back I should have put a hollow cat on it just for show.

The exhaust shop told you this?
    thats odd.

That is precisly why I installed a highflow cat on mine so the dealer wouldn't raise an eybrow. looking back I should have put a hollow cat on it just for show.
    Haha. yep fake out!!
    Bang bang tang!!

Jedi Dubber

Haha. yep fake out!!
    I didnt think the dealership would even see the DP lol so this mod was the least of my worries.

Jedi Dubber

I was also curious about that,

How common is it to find a dealership that doesnt care about your mods? And if you do take it in for service and such and they try to refuse service how do you argue the magon-moss warranty act

I know that the first time I had my car in the dealer after installing my downpipe they noted in the printout of my service record "vehicle has aftermarket exhaust with catalytic converter" take that for what you will but I imagine they can also put "without catalytic converter no MIL on"

They will not usually refuse normal service as it in no way effects anything they do in routine maint. what you could* have problems with is if you take it in for a problem. some dealers won't even bat an eye, but some will try to throw it in your face. simply study up on the law, when the service manager approches you to tell you they will fix it but it is coming out of your pocket, NICELY ask why and when he explains the exhaust voids your warranty NICELY explain to him that the ehaust did not cause X problem therefore that problem is covered under warranty per the xxxxx warranty act. if he tries to get mean and hardball I suggest you find another dealer or try to explain you don't want to take your buisness elsewhere but you may be forced to and that they must prove that X part caused X problem.

If all else fails a swift kick to the nuts should do the trick.

jk on that last part

Jedi Dubber

I know that the first time I had my car in the dealer after installing my downpipe they noted in the printout of my service record "vehicle has aftermarket exhaust with catalytic converter" take that for what you will but I imagine they can also put "without catalytic converter no MIL on"

They will not usually refuse normal service as it in no way effects anything they do in routine maint. what you could* have problems with is if you take it in for a problem. some dealers won't even bat an eye, but some will try to throw it in your face. simply study up on the law, when the service manager approches you to tell you they will fix it but it is coming out of your pocket, NICELY ask why and when he explains the exhaust voids your warranty NICELY explain to him that the ehaust did not cause X problem therefore that problem is covered under warranty per the xxxxx warranty act. if he tries to get mean and hardball I suggest you find another dealer or try to explain you don't want to take your buisness elsewhere but you may be forced to and that they must prove that X part caused X problem.

If all else fails a swift kick to the nuts should do the trick.

jk on that last part

If i were to call local dealers and ask straight up "i have mods on my car, a chip, a downpipe, ram air intake, if i were to bring it in for a problem that is covered in the warranty as long as my aftermarket mods didnt cause it, would you guys still fix the vehicle?"

Do you think i would get a straight answer?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast