Report Problems You've Had With Your 2010 MKVI GTI in this thread.
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Report Problems You've Had With Your 2010 MKVI GTI in this thread.

Angry Report Problems You've Had With Your 2010 MKVI GTI in this thread.

Problems with your 2010 GTI? Post them in this stickied Thread.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I am reporting this Gti because of the wheels...wtf? - TwinTurboBoost
    Disclaimer:
    Ken Nix is an appraiser only and does not offer legal or tax advise. The information presented at this site should not in any way be construed to be legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, you should seek the help of a qualified attorney in your area. This site is not intended to solicit clients outside of the State of Oregon. Laws vary by state and you are urged to research the specific laws and you rights within your state.

There is no warranty expressed or implied for any information and/or material contained in this web site. Hidden Content Auto Appraisers and/or its associates will not be liable for any damages arising from using the information on this site including direct, indirect, incidental, punitive and/or consequential damages.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: Report Problems You've Had With Your 2010 MKVI GTI in this thread.

My tire pressure sensor would not shut off. I brought it to the dealership and aparantly there was a recall on the Body Control Module so they updated it and its good to go! Simple and quick fix. Just thought i would post.

Ya I think another member just had this problem
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by volcano Hidden Content
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

New Dub Cub

Apparently my clutch is sqeaking at 24kmi. in 6 months. Anyone else have that problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenk View Post
    Apparently my clutch is sqeaking at 24kmi. in 6 months. Anyone else have that problem?
    24k miles in 6 months

thats a lot IMO
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    24k miles in 6 months

thats a lot IMO
    130+ miles/day

had to take off both shoes and socks to figure that one out

Quote Originally Posted by mattymo View Post
    130+ miles/day

had to take off both shoes and socks to figure that one out

i do 140 miles 2x a weel

and 100 miles 3x or 4x a week

and averages out to +32k mile a year on 1 car

thats what i managed to put on my mk3 this year and i drove my mk4 every once in a while too (maybe like 8k miles)
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

VDubber

Door moldings came loose, steering wheel was mis aligned and some rattles as well. Still love it!

Jedi Dubber

My trunk boot is making an annoying squeeking noise when hitting small bumps... Nothing a little WD 40 wont fix, also the trim comes loose very easily that gets annoying.
    2010 GTI Black, 18" Detroits, Neuspeed P-Flo RED, 3" 42dd DP, APR Stg 2, Auto tech Motor mount. Saving for Wheels now Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by asims33 View Post
    My trunk boot is making an annoying squeeking noise when hitting small bumps... Nothing a little WD 40 wont fix, also the trim comes loose very easily that gets annoying.
    I got that in my MKV as well
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Bang bang tang!!

New Dub Cub

Today I went out and noticed the little knub that the hatch shelf connects too was torn off. No idea how it happened. This is the little knob on the hatch that you connect the cable to from the shelf. I have no idea how I can fix it.
    JR

Quote Originally Posted by jrusoff View Post
    Today I went out and noticed the little knub that the hatch shelf connects too was torn off. No idea how it happened. This is the little knob on the hatch that you connect the cable to from the shelf. I have no idea how I can fix it.
    JR
    kinda hard to visualize the problem specifically - post a pic. sounds like it would be covered under the warranty tho

Last month I got an ESP error when staring my car. Called the dealer and took it in and they cleared the error and cleared some faults as well. Well it came back and I brought it back a second time. I am now waiting on a warranty part that is back ordered and may be longer than a month.

New Dub Cub

I have had to take my GTI in twice for the tire pressure sensor not turning off. The first time they said that the sensor was measuring in metrics and a tech from Detriot had to dial into the car to fix it. The second time the just re-set the programming and it seemed to have fixed the issuse.
    Also i hear a banging noise from the rear passenger side when the fuel is about and 1/4 and i just started my car. i think it is the fuel pump making the noise. The dealership has not been able to replicate it. it is pretty strange.
    Other then that i love the car and sometime wish i had gotten the manual transmission but the DSG is great.

yes i think it is like a belt-like noise but really is the clutch?

New Dub Cub

I just bought mine and each time I start it after it has been sitting for an hour or more it stalls. When I start it again it's fine. Any thoughts?

New Dub Cub

i have had my gti for almost a year now and every time i try to start it i have an extended crank. Its been to the dealership twice already. Any ideas?

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by Soundelixer View Post
    My tire pressure sensor would not shut off. I brought it to the dealership and aparantly there was a recall on the Body Control Module so they updated it and its good to go! Simple and quick fix. Just thought i would post.
    Good to know. I'm having this problem right now but I'm coming up on the 10k tune-up pretty soon so it will be gone then

Dubber In Training

had this noise on the clutch
    http://youtu.be/WPWQE_rkkWM
    had it for like 4 months finally the dealership found the problem it was a damage slave cyl

Did the 40k mile service on my DSG 2010 GTI a couple months ago and it slowly started having problems going in reverse. I'll put it in reverse, but it won't engage, like its in neutral. I have to turn the car off and on again to get reverse. Gotten progressively worse, as in happening more often. Techs can't reproduce it, what should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by David A. Caro View Post
    Did the 40k mile service on my DSG 2010 GTI a couple months ago and it slowly started having problems going in reverse. I'll put it in reverse, but it won't engage, like its in neutral. I have to turn the car off and on again to get reverse. Gotten progressively worse, as in happening more often. Techs can't reproduce it, what should I do?
    Tell them to keep it until they can reproduce and fix it.
    Bang bang tang!!

i've had my 2011 gti for about 4 months now. lovin it - 4000 miles so far. but 2 issues.

1. OIL PRESSURE warning. today on a 55 mile drive. i got the DING noise and a message on the dash computer that the oil pressure was low and not to exceed 4000rpm. i turned it off to read the manual and when i started it back up the error was gone. since its brand new should i have the oil changed already, i read new engines can use oil quicker. any thoughts?

2 - occasionally, 1 out of 20 times i start my car my stereo touch screen panel is just a solid white screen. radio is on and working but the screen is blown out white. it will do this for 20 minutes or so

I have a 2-Door DSG and everytime i put it in reverse and go to back up it sounds like a manual transmission car that is about to stall out. Not sure what is causing it.
    2010 MKVI GTI---Stock Performance, 18" Black Aristos, Lowered on coils
    -Future Plans: Neuspeed P-Flo Intake, 42DD TBE, Uni Stage 2 Tune--Possible K04 Turbo, Stage 2+ Uni Tune

car's steering wheel controls will not change/skip songs when iphone is connected via blue tooth. i think they did this so people can still buy there i phone connectors and make extra profit. drove a toyota prius and it had the option to skip tracks via blue tooth on steering wheel control. come on VW! get it together

Quote Originally Posted by jintekstyle View Post
    car's steering wheel controls will not change/skip songs when iphone is connected via blue tooth. i think they did this so people can still buy there i phone connectors and make extra profit. drove a toyota prius and it had the option to skip tracks via blue tooth on steering wheel control. come on VW! get it together
    Not really a "problem".
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by xcrazydx Hidden Content
    I wouldn't trust them to install a burrito into a paper bag.
    Instagram: @swervin_VI

Quote Originally Posted by jintekstyle View Post
    They did get it together.........on the 2012 mk6.
    2011 MKVI TR 2-door ~
    ~ Unitronic Stage 2 ~ R8 coil packs ~ Unitronic intake ~ GFB DV+ ~ Nuespeed intercooler ~ Nuespeed throttle body pipe ~ Nuespeed turbo discharge pipe ~
    ~ SPM custom TBE ~ Unibrace XB ~ P3Cars VIDI ~ HPA SHS Coilovers ~ H & R rear sway ~ VMR 701's ~ BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 ~

Hidden Content <-- Click
    Hidden Content <-- Click

Dubber In Training

This happened to me twice, once when I picked the car up (dealer prep was terrible, 5 trips back to fix all the problems), and again later. It's a bad design. If the parcel shelf hinge slips out of its slot, that nub snaps off when you open the hatch. It requires replacing the entire trim piece surrounding the hatch, and they did it under warranty. In the meantime, I just put a black self-tapping screw into the stump of the nub.

Dubster

Quote Originally Posted by beedee View Post
    This happened to me twice, once when I picked the car up (dealer prep was terrible, 5 trips back to fix all the problems), and again later. It's a bad design. If the parcel shelf hinge slips out of its slot, that nub snaps off when you open the hatch. It requires replacing the entire trim piece surrounding the hatch, and they did it under warranty. In the meantime, I just put a black self-tapping screw into the stump of the nub.
    I've got a 2010 with the same problem. I'm past the warranty now so will just fix it myself; not a big deal but still a pain in the ---.

just did the 40k service about a month ago and sometimes after I turn the car off my radiator fan keeps running. the engine isn't too hot after only going 20 miles or so and I live in upstate NY so it isn't exactly hot here.
    2010 MKVI GTI---Stock Performance, 18" Black Aristos, Lowered on coils
    -Future Plans: Neuspeed P-Flo Intake, 42DD TBE, Uni Stage 2 Tune--Possible K04 Turbo, Stage 2+ Uni Tune

Dubber In Training
    Wyoming, MI (during school) Almont, MI (Home)

I have a 2011 6 spd with 30k. It seems to have a lot of play in the drivetrain when letting off the throttle then re-applying. Enough play to hear and feel a thud. I have the Autotech motor mount insert, dont know if that might have something to do with it, maybe causing extra strain over time. Any info on the situation would be greatly appreciated.

Dubber In Training
    Wyoming, MI (during school) Almont, MI (Home)

sorry wrong thread haha.

Is anyone else having an issue with the driver side seat plastic digging into the seat? Its the plastic piece that is on the left side of the divers seat, towards the back of the left side. On my seat it has come up and is somewhat digging into the seat and I want to know if there is a way to fix it before it pokes a hole in the fabric . I took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. Is this an issue anyone else is having or has had?

Quote Originally Posted by PeachDrank View Post
    Is anyone else having an issue with the driver side seat plastic digging into the seat? Its the plastic piece that is on the left side of the divers seat, towards the back of the left side. On my seat it has come up and is somewhat digging into the seat and I want to know if there is a way to fix it before it pokes a hole in the fabric . I took it to the dealer and they couldn't figure it out. Is this an issue anyone else is having or has had?

Welcome Ethan. Can you take a picture of this?
    MKVI--Deep Black Metallic Manual-- 2Dr. Autobahn -- APR stage 2--Eurojet DP--Evoms Intake--H&R Sport Springs--Euroswitch--Tint:F 20% R 15%--Short Shifter

My other fun is a 2013 Triumph Thruxton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0893.jpg 
Views:	400 
Size:	110.4 KB 
ID:	7356
    Quote Originally Posted by Teach View Post
    Welcome Ethan. Can you take a picture of this?
    Here you go! Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    just did the 40k service about a month ago and sometimes after I turn the car off my radiator fan keeps running. the engine isn't too hot after only going 20 miles or so and I live in upstate NY so it isn't exactly hot here.
    Its normal for your radiator fan to continue to run after you turn the engine off. Just an added feature that is used to cool it off. Nothing wrong with you car. Promise . Mine does the same thing sometimes.

Dubber In Training

I am hearing an annoying squeak in my drivers door when I hit bumps and such. It's a rubbery, lower pitched squeak where the door shuts. I first was thinking it was due to the rubber in the door frame rubbing the door when it's shut but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's in the latch mechanism itself Anyone else have this or heard of it? I get no wind noise what so ever even at highway speeds so I know the door is shut tight.

I was thinking of putting a little baby powder on the rubber to try and track down the cause. If anyone else has a different idea I'm all ears. I've got 6000 miles of bumper to bumper left on my warranty so I know I can take it in to have VW fix it but I would really rather take care of this myself if I can. Oh, my door was missing the little rubber door stop down near the bottom corner but I replaced it and noticed no change.

Quote Originally Posted by kec789 View Post
    I am hearing an annoying squeak in my drivers door when I hit bumps and such. It's a rubbery, lower pitched squeak where the door shuts. I first was thinking it was due to the rubber in the door frame rubbing the door when it's shut but now I'm not so sure. Maybe it's in the latch mechanism itself Anyone else have this or heard of it? I get no wind noise what so ever even at highway speeds so I know the door is shut tight.

I was thinking of putting a little baby powder on the rubber to try and track down the cause. If anyone else has a different idea I'm all ears. I've got 6000 miles of bumper to bumper left on my warranty so I know I can take it in to have VW fix it but I would really rather take care of this myself if I can. Oh, my door was missing the little rubber door stop down near the bottom corner but I replaced it and noticed no change.
    Are you sure it's not body flex you're hearing?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957 View Post
    Are you sure it's not body flex you're hearing?

Well, it is the same sound but it goes away if I open the door. I know exactly what you're talking about as I hear that body flex when I pull into my driveway at an angle. Also, I shouldn't hear body flex just by hitting a small bump in the road should I? I mean, it takes only a very little road imperfection to make the noise appear. Again, if I open up my driver's door it goes away.

I really hope it's not body flex because I don't think there's much you can do about that. Thanks for the reply csmith1957....

You can get a chassis stiffener like the unibrace.

Quote Originally Posted by kec789 View Post

Sounds like you just need to condition your weather stripping. If you take it to the dealer they'll probably use some DuPont Krytox. http://www.my-gti.com/1922/dupont-kr...ks-and-rattles Choice #1 as this is the same stuff that is recommended by VW to treat, condition, and maintain the many seals on the Eos convertable. You could source it yourself but its about $25- $30 for a 1 oz. tube. I personally would try an otc from Mother's http://www.mothers.com/02_products/06108.html or Maguiar's http://www.meguiars.com/en/professio...ditioner-16oz/ first. Jmo but I think that should do the trick. If thats not it, a door adjustment may be in order.
    2011 MKVI TR 2-door ~
    ~ Unitronic Stage 2 ~ R8 coil packs ~ Unitronic intake ~ GFB DV+ ~ Nuespeed intercooler ~ Nuespeed throttle body pipe ~ Nuespeed turbo discharge pipe ~
    ~ SPM custom TBE ~ Unibrace XB ~ P3Cars VIDI ~ HPA SHS Coilovers ~ H & R rear sway ~ VMR 701's ~ BFGoodrich Sport Comp 2 ~

Hidden Content <-- Click
    Hidden Content <-- Click

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast