Report Problems You've Had With Your 2011 MKVI in this thread.
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Report Problems You've Had With Your 2011 MKVI in this thread.

Default Re: Report Problems You've Had With Your 2011 MKVI in this thread.

I had the same issue after just 6 months of ownership on a 2010 Subaru Forester I had until just recently. I took the rear sway bar off myself, lubed it up with molydisulfide (i.e. wheel bearing) grease, and put it all back together. No issues after that at all ... except that it was still a Subaru Forester :-)

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

Dubber In Training

I've got almost 20000 miles on mine and have had no such problem. The light comes on and off when my gas cap isn't tight enough. I think it's the extreme heat we're having. At times it's off and other times it comes off and it doesn't seem to matter how much I crank down my gas cap.

Dubber In Training

Have you guys had any issues with your dealer? I mean if you've installed any upgrades like a cold air kit or different muffler, do they say anything about your warranty?

Dubber In Training

I'd like to get a more free flowing muffler but I'm afraid of my warranty being voided out.

Dubber In Training

Mind just went blank... the door thingy over the gas cap will not close. Just got the car Wednesday. And waiting for the owner's manual, etc. to be delivered so I can learn how to use everything.

Quote Originally Posted by rx4brdm View Post
    Mind just went blank... the door thingy over the gas cap will not close. Just got the car Wednesday. And waiting for the owner's manual, etc. to be delivered so I can learn how to use everything.
    Try unlocking the doors. It won't open or close while the doors are locked.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by xcrazydx Hidden Content
    I wouldn't trust them to install a burrito into a paper bag.
    Instagram: @swervin_VI

I'm getting close to the "90 day checkup" date, and here is the list of annoyances for them to look at (so far):

1) iPhone 4 plays fine thru head unit when the phone is first plugged in to the MDI cable. However, after I turn my car off, then restart it later (iPhone still plugged in), it plays for ~ 5 seconds, then stops. Once I unplug the phone from the MDI cable and plug it back in, it plays fine - at least until the next time I turn the car off / back on. I've read elsewhere that the eventual change to o/s 5 on my phone MAY cure this, but since I'm not a developer, I'm still at o/s ~ 4.2'ish for now, so I may have to live with this for a while, unless there is a VW fix that can be put into place during this service.
    2) Rear washer nozzle "known issue" .... based on what I'm reading here and elsewhere, I may elect to leave this one alone, as it sounds like the TSB prescribed fix can make this even worse. Only happens when its ~ mid 90's out or hotter, so not a huge issue in Cincinnati area where I'm at ... usually.
    3) Intermittent rattle in the headliner. No sunroof on my GTI, so I think it's coming from the rear headliner light cluster area.
    4) Rattle from ~ 1500 - 2500 RPM under moderate accel. I can hear this when windows are down, stereo is off, and I'm alongside a guardrail ... sounds like marbles in a can. Wastegate actuator rod rattle, perhaps?
    5) Cannot find out on MFI how to display the engine oil temp, although my operator manual says I can do so .... maybe VW tech can clarify how to do this.
    6) Passenger side front window squeal like **** when I roll it up. None of the other three window do this in the slightest, and hitting the side channels with silicon spray has not stopped the noise. Might be in the winder mechanism itself, but not completely sure.
    7) Driver side rear door makes a bad "clunk" when I close it. Might need a tweak of the striker plate position. All other doors close much nicer ....

Don't mis-interpret my "bitch list" above, I really really love this car, but there are a couple things that I'd like VW to take care of to 'enhance the experience', so to speak !!!!

Dubber In Training

Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957 View Post
    Try unlocking the doors. It won't open or close while the doors are locked.

Thank you. When I pulled it out of the garage the next morning it was all good.

Ive had my car for 4 months now and after about the 2nd month it threw a cel for the MAF sensor they replaced the sensor everything was ok for about another month then it poped up again same code took it back in and they said it was the wire this time everything was fine. 2 days later cel pops again and what do u know MAF again taken it in tomarrow to find out wtf is up its getting real irritating, the car seems to idel a tad odd when u first start it up and shifts a lil harder when the CEL is on. Ive heard others complain about this problem before.
    Last edited by dejambandfan; 10-12-2011 at 01:10 AM.

Dubber In Training

Had mine since July 8th, no issues, all lovely fun!

New Dub Cub

My Wife's Car yes we love it but go figure 5500 miles oil light comes on then goes off. Husband checks oil (me) no oil on dipstick glup, dry as a fart. Filled with oil okay now. Is this normal oil consumption? Why did the light go off? Is this a start to a normal VW relationship? Owned so far 1 real GLi, 1 rabbit, 3 passats, so we are not newbies.

VDubber

What didnt you like about the Forester? I have recently wondered about going to that after the GTI for more room.

Quote Originally Posted by tscoll01 View Post
    My Wife's Car yes we love it but go figure 5500 miles oil light comes on then goes off. Husband checks oil (me) no oil on dipstick glup, dry as a fart. Filled with oil okay now. Is this normal oil consumption? Why did the light go off? Is this a start to a normal VW relationship? Owned so far 1 real GLi, 1 rabbit, 3 passats, so we are not newbies.
    This is not normal. The TSI consumes very little to no oil. I've only topped off once and that was because I waited 10k miles for my first oil change. I've never had to add oil again since I started having it changed every 5k.

I forgot to post this when it happened, but my antenna faded to an oxidized looking finish. I had it replaced by the dealer.

Figz ... if I can jump in on the Forester / GTI "question" that you raised .... if you're seriously considering trading your GTI for a Forester, find a dealer who will let you spend some serious time driving the Forester first. Drive it on all your favorite roads before making a decision, and I think you'll find yourself cornering on the door handles quite often, assuming you prefer to drive quickly. That, and really poor aftermarket support for the current Forester in particular (which I was hoping would allow me to "fix" this handling issues it had) led me to make the switch from the Forester to the GTI. There is alot of discussion on Subaru and/or Forester forums along the lines of "is you take the struts from model x, with the modified springs from model y, and aftemarket bump stops that have been cut down .... " types of suspension mods, but no cohesive package solution still to date to fix the wallowing underdamped rear setup.

Dubber In Training

1.) I can't upload my phone book.
    2.) Fog light covers get condensation build up. It looks like the inside of the glass is stained.
    3.) I can't stop driving it!

Dubber In Training

Driver side center A/C vent would not open, the turn wheel would not re-open the vent. Warrenty covered and dealer replaced. Besides that I LOVE MY GTI 2012 MK6 DSG 2DR

Lights are out on my too. If I turn the headlights off, the radio lights turn on. Turn headlights on and the screen goes black. Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by manapuaman View Post
    Lights out on the radio.

VDubber

My tire pressure (TPMS) light is on and wont go off. I did stop at a dealership for this issue as i thought all it needed was some air. The service dept added air and told me that after 3 miles the light would go off. The light never turned off and now I read further in the manual that if the light blinks at start and then turns solid that it is acutally a problem with the system, so now I have to return to make an apointment and return to the dealership.

Although I have had some "bad luck" with my GTI, this is the first actual issue that I have had with the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Figz View Post
    My tire pressure (TPMS) light is on and wont go off. I did stop at a dealership for this issue as i thought all it needed was some air. The service dept added air and told me that after 3 miles the light would go off. The light never turned off and now I read further in the manual that if the light blinks at start and then turns solid that it is acutally a problem with the system, so now I have to return to make an apointment and return to the dealership.

Although I have had some "bad luck" with my GTI, this is the first actual issue that I have had with the car.
    Figz, this is not uncommon, not only for GTIs, but with other cars with TPMS. I've had mine in twice or three times to have it reset. It can go bonkers with a good temperature change in your area. It takes about 40 minutes sittin at the dealership. Obviuosly, they don't really have this system figured out yet.
    MKVI--Deep Black Metallic Manual-- 2Dr. Autobahn -- APR stage 2--Eurojet DP--Evoms Intake--H&R Sport Springs--Euroswitch--Tint:F 20% R 15%--Short Shifter

My other fun is a 2013 Triumph Thruxton

Quote Originally Posted by Figz View Post

They pushed the reset button in the glove box?

VDubber

So it Teach is correct it was a software glitch that was fixed while I waited and it took about 40 min total, including car wash.

New Dub Cub

Did you get it's fixed?
    Mine just started doing the same.

Quote Originally Posted by csmith1957 View Post
    They pushed the reset button in the glove box?
    do this

Did you get it's fixed?
    Mine just started doing the same.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by volcano Hidden Content
    well im a blob and im comfortable in my mk4
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by D.Light
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by csmith1957
    Bang bang tang!!

Dubber In Training

I've had mine for a year now. No problems. My blue tooth indicator doesn't work either, but I don't care because I'm not looking at it when I drive. Face still sore.

Dubber In Training

I have had my 2011 GTI for 5 months 7500 miles, and went through 5 tires, thank god for the tire and wheel insurance, at least in the bronx where the highways and roads are horrible. But other than that car is running great no problems and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Citric View Post
    I have had my 2011 GTI for 5 months 7500 miles, and went through 5 tires, thank god for the tire and wheel insurance, at least in the bronx where the highways and roads are horrible. But other than that car is running great no problems and love it.
    Drive around them
    I LOVE GTI"S AND MMA AND I SMOKE CRACK LOTS AND LOTS OF CRACCCCKKKKKKKKKKK NEEEGGGGGRRROOOOOOOOOEESSSSS
    Bang bang tang!!

1) I've had issues with my car to where when it's moist or wet outside, I her some whining sound coming from the control arms. I know not to fully turn the steering wheel to the left or right so that's not the issue. 2 clics left or right and you can hear it already. Dealer couldn't reproduce the sound. I'm waiting for when it rains and I'm off so I can personally drive the vehicle with them in the passenger seat.

2) My car starting to run slow around 5000 miles. I have no idea what the problem is. It started driving normal 2 days ago and now back to being slow. It's killing me but I don't know what else to do. No lights and so the dealer pretty much said they found nothing and my car runs fine. Which I know for a fact it doesnt. Below is full explanation of the issue...I've given up on it

http://myfastgti.com/volkswagen/thre...r+acceleration
    APR Stg 2, APR Carbonio intake, APR DownPipe, SB stage 2 clutch, ECS tuning short shift, Rev D diverter valve, Snow Performance meth kit, R8 coils, LED plate lights, Reverse Cam, DNS-810, TSW Nurburgrings.

Get a boost gauge for the power loss

Or run some logs with vag com

Tapatalk This
    14 S4 & 03 GTI 1.8T & 04 Golf

96 GTI 2.0 (Sold)
    00 Passat Wagon 1.8T (Sold)

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    Get a boost gauge for the power loss

Or run some logs with vag com

Tapatalk This
    Yea I should be getting the gadget to measure my boost in the mail by tomorrow.
    APR Stg 2, APR Carbonio intake, APR DownPipe, SB stage 2 clutch, ECS tuning short shift, Rev D diverter valve, Snow Performance meth kit, R8 coils, LED plate lights, Reverse Cam, DNS-810, TSW Nurburgrings.

Quote Originally Posted by callmec View Post
    Yea I should be getting the gadget to measure my boost in the mail by tomorrow.
    That's good! I think I mentioned in your other thread to run logs. Buy vagcom, it will help save the world
    Bang bang tang!!

I'll eventually by a vag com. I know someone who has one at the moment, what would I do with the vag com? I've read on it but I'm noob when it comes to that device as far as running logs and what not.

Quote Originally Posted by callmec View Post
    I'll eventually by a vag com. I know someone who has one at the moment, what would I do with the vag com? I've read on it but I'm noob when it comes to that device as far as running logs and what not.
    I think there's how to guides on Ross-tech. That should explain it. If you can't find anything I'll try and dig something up for you

Sent from SKYROCKET
    NexusMod 4.0
    Romracer 0.3
    Bang bang tang!!

Dubber In Training

I do most of the time, but when its pitch black and your in one lane and there are cars next to you and there are just millions of them all over the place it can be next to impossible to avoid them. Thanks for the advice though bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Citric View Post
    I do most of the time, but when its pitch black and your in one lane and there are cars next to you and there are just millions of them all over the place it can be next to impossible to avoid them. Thanks for the advice though bro.
    Drive slower
    Bang bang tang!!

VDubber

Dead Cell in the battery!

Anyone have problems with the ipod interface? When i start the car in the morning, it's forgotten what artist/album was playing and I have to go back thru the entire selection process-

Also- Impacting a suicidal antelope at 80 MPH- Car came back from the shop good as new- Thanks USAA!
    2011 GTI 4 DR w/DSG & Autobahn Package
    APR Chip, Stage II Air Intake, Turbo-Back Exhaust
    Team Dynamic Motorsport 1.2 Pro Wheels & VW Racing Springs
    APR Intercooler:Coming Soon

Quote Originally Posted by xcrazydx View Post
    Drive slower
    I lived in BK for 4 years and I'll tell you that sometimes you're just doomed. BANG! That's actually why I didn't buy my GTI until I knew I was moving.
    Suzuki GSXR 600 Build/Mod Thread:

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_MKVI View Post
    Anyone have problems with the ipod interface? When i start the car in the morning, it's forgotten what artist/album was playing and I have to go back thru the entire selection process-

Also- Impacting a suicidal antelope at 80 MPH- Car came back from the shop good as new- Thanks USAA!
    Yes, the iPod interface is quirky. The same thing you mentioned happens to me sometimes. Also sometimes when the song changes, the track info does not and still displays the previous song's info.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_MKVI View Post
    I went back and forth on this until I got tired of it...mine never worked right. I just burned my entire music library to a few SD cards (actually a lot of 16 GB ones) and keep them in the car. The interface works much better with the SD cards in the slot on the dash then they ever did even when the iPod was working.
    2011 GTI 4-door DSG Sunroof - United Gray metallic
    17" Enkei Fujin wheels - Continental ExtremeContactDWS
    Custom black leather interior with red stitching

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast