Airbag Fault?
MyFastGTI.com is the premier Volkswagen GTI Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Airbag Fault?

Default Airbag Fault?

Hey guys. Again i appologize im typin this off my ipod (laptops broken) and it wont let me search. The other night i had a large peice of ply wood in my 2006 mkv gti 2 dr and the wood went from the trunk all the way up to over the driver/passenger seat touching both the front and back window lol (crazy night) and ever since that night my air bag fault light and message on my dash has been coming up. Does anyone know why this happened? or a quick way to reset this issue...iv tried just restarting my car a couple times and having someone sit in the passenger seat a couple times but nothing works...ANY IDEAS WELCOME! THANK YOU!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyFastGTI.com
    Advertisements

VDubber

Default Re: Airbag Fault?

Isni,
    My light came on three weeks ago. I went to my dealer and they cleared it for free but warned me that it might come on again, it was the bag on the left side of my drivers seat. They might charge you because I'm cool with the dealer so I got it for free.
    Long story short.. Light came on again three days ago, went in and he was going to clear the light, instead he just bought me a wire repair kit had it over nighted and fixed it in about ten minutes for free. Again, you might have to pay.
    Hope this helps.

Dubber In Training

Lightbulb Re: Airbag Fault?

I've got the same problem and the dealer in NC can't seem to clear the light on my 06. What type of wire repair kit did you use. Which wire did you repair. I'm a noob to Gti world.

I just got off the phone with my buddy who owns a shop that works primarily on euro cars. He said that in 2006 mk5 gtis this airbag fault light is totally common and it could be anything from the wires under the seat bein loose from moving the passenger sear around or it could be in the seatbelt. He said best thing to do is take it to a dealer and have them take a look....now I just gotta find a dealer lol. I'll let you know what they tell me.

REVIEW STAFF

isni, pay a visit to aristocrat. I know it's in Sanford but, best place around... If you don't want to travel far then pay a visit to David Maus off Lee road. Hope it helps...
    02 GTi - Totaled
    98 Golf 4 door - Sold
    93 Corrado SLC - Sold
    00 Passat GLS - DD

Quote Originally Posted by Thalo View Post
    Can't get your loose stick into top gear, eh?

Dubber In Training

Wink Re: Airbag Fault?

Thanks for the info

haha thanks boosted..im guna call aristocrat on monday.

Just FYI....

I took out my passenger seat to haul something once.....that tripped the airbag light & I had to have the dealer clear it

dumb, dumb, dumb
    2010 VW GTI
    APR Stage 2+, Carbonio Intake, EuroJet Resonated Downpipe, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Neuspeed TDP, DriverGear/Eibach Springs, H&R 24mm RSB, OEM "D" Diverter Valve, AWE boost gauge . . .

+ Reply to Thread